Two rebels were gunned down by security forces in restive Abhujmad area of Narayanpur district last night, IG (Bastar Range) SRP Kalluri told PTI over phone.
Ahead of the weekly market, a constable accidentally came in contact with a pressure bomb planted by the Maoists that exploded injuring him.
Naxals on Tuesday set on fire at least 20 vehicles and machines engaged in mining work in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Two security personnel, one of them belonging to Central Reserve Police Force's specialised unit CoBRA, were injured in a pressure bomb blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Tuesday, police said.
Four Naxals, including a woman, were arrested in Chhattisgarh's Maoist-hit Kanker district on Tuesday.
Naxals torched a private travel bus in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, after asking its passengers to alight on Tuesday.
Naxals on Sunday set on fire a bus after asking its occupants to alight in Dantewada district.
Four women Naxalswere killed in a gun battle in Sukma District on Sunday morning.
In a detailed order, government announced rehabilitation packages for surrendered naxals and those who have been affected by it, state Home Minister Ramsevak Paikra said.
The polling for a single municipal corporation in the state was held on November 16 in which about 65 per cent of the 78,707 voters had exercised their franchise.
The operation was based on the information about the location of Maoist commander Hidma, who is the head of 1st military battalion of Naxals, in the region.
Bhilai's prestige is set to get enhanced further with the setting up of the Indian Institute of Technology this year.
About 60 percent of the 78,707 registered voters exercised their franchise in Birgaon Municipal Corporation.
Two wanted Naxals were arrested in a joint operation by local police and BSF in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
Seven Maoists have surrendered in insurgency hit Sukma district of Chhattisharh.
He further expressed concern over the safety of children, referring to the death of five students during their school sponsored tour in Chhattisgarh's Gariyaband.
The training centre transforms a police personnel into a commando in 45 days who can take on Naxalites in a rough terrain.
Those districts where tehsils have been categorised drought-hit are Bemetara, Kawardha, Janjgir-Champa, Bastar, Kondagaon, Kanker, Kanker district and Narayanpur.
Three Maoists were gunned down by the security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district on Tuesday.
Condemning the alleged rape of tribal women in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district by security forces last month, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday said such incidents would only worsen the problem of Naxalism in the state.
Naxals set ablaze a bus after asking its passengers to alight and also fired at another bus in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said on Friday.
Three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans were today injured when a pressure bomb planted by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district exploded, police said.
A 30-year-old man allegedly killed his wife and her paramour in Chhattisgarh.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon at the paramilitary camp in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan was killed and another was injured in a Maoist attack in Sukma district on Sunday evening.
A CRPF jawan was killed in a gun battle with naxals in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A Maoist couple carrying cash reward on their heads, today surrendered along with weapons here citing disappointment with the "anti-people" activities by the outlawed CPI (Maoist) in Bastar, police said.
In an unique example of communal harmony, a Muslim man has been presiding over Durga Puja celebrations in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh district for the past 23 years.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ranvijay Singh Judeo's younger brother, who was wanted in an attempt to murder case, has been arrested from the forests of Chhattisgarh's tribal-dominated Jashpur district, police said on Friday.
With a key Maoist unit in Bastar plagued by infighting and killing of its senior leader, the police is leaving no stone unturned to gain control of the areas.
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources
- Delhi: Cash van driver in who fled with Rs 22.5 crore arrested
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- PoK will remain with Pakistan: Farooq Abdullah
- DNA: Difference between 1975 emergency in India and 2015 emergency in France
- DNA: Analysis of Constitution Day Debate in Parliament
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Married actor in love with co-star; wife confronts, separates!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Swaragini: If not Swara, who kidnapped Ragini?
- Know what not to do to let sex lose steam after one year of relationship
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- No decision taken on India-Pakistan cricket series: MEA
- `Hurt` Deepika says `Ranbir marriage` remark misunderstood