Police retaliated and the gunfight lasted for nearly an hour before rebels broke off and retreated into the deep jungles.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of district police and the CRPF in a forest near Tumrel village, under the Pamed police station jurisdiction, an official said.
A tribal girl with a tragic past has made it to the Indira Gandhi Agricultural University in Raipur with the help of Chhattisgarh Government`s scheme for the Naxal-affected children.
Assistant Constable killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
Three Naxals, one of them allegedly involved in the 2013 Jiram valley attack that left 31 people, including several prominent Congress leaders, dead, were on Sunday arrested in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, police said.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has suggested raising a 'Dandakaranya' battalion on the lines of the Naga regiment of Indian Army to facilitate entry of tribal youths from Maoist-hit Bastar in the armed forces.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service rifle at his camp in the Naxal violence affected Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Officials said that constable Tejvir Singh (32) of the 217th battalion of the force allegedly shot himself with his official INSA rifle at the Central Reserve Police Force camp in Konta area.
Three Naxals were today killed in a gun battle with security forces, which took place after the forces launched an operation to capture a Maoist commander who was said to be in the area.
Raman Singh govt to take stern steps to control pollution
The PIL claims that she was not a Naxal, and demands a special investigation team and a judicial inquiry, along with compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the family.
Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi was a member of the Congress Working Committee.
The thick forested northern Chhattisgarh, comprising Surguja, Korba, Raigarh, Jashpur and Korea districts, are notorious for human-elephant conflicts.
Where there is a will, there is a way - this inspiring proverb has yet again been proved right by Sunil Lakda, a tribal student from Chhattisgarh's Sarbuja village, who fought against all odds to achieve the feat of cracking the IITJEE exam courtesy the Chhattisgarh Government's 'Prayas Programme' - a special coaching initiative of the state's tribal welfare department.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh was on Saturday all gaga about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rule at the Centre, saying the latter has brought in `magical change` in the entire nation in the last two years.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday appealed to Maoists to shun violence and join peace talks, saying if they give up arms, the government was ready to discuss all their demands.
Tribal girl Savitri Kashyap, who conquered all obstacles in life, cracked IITJEE, one of the toughest exams in the country.
Jogi had recently announced the formation of a new party in Chhattisgarh.
At least eight Maoist guerrillas were killed and many others injured in a gunfight with police in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, a senior police officer said. Three police personnel were also injured.
In a grisly incident, a 45-year-old woman was allegedly beheaded by her nephew on suspicion that she practiced "witchcraft" in a village in Chhattisgarh's Korba district, police said today.
Police suspect that some Naxals might have also been injured or killed in the gun battle as blood stains were found at the spot.
In a rare gesture aimed at bridging the gap between the VIPs and the common folks, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh became a ' personal guide' for around hundred children from Chhattisgarh's Naxal-infested Kondagaon region and took them for a tour of his residence.
More than 600 rounds of ammunition were fired from both sides, ANI reported citing ITBP.
The announcement marks the culmination of the long-drawn factionalism within the Chhatisgarh party unit led by Bhupesh Baghel.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday sought to play down the significance of party leader and former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi charting out an independent course, saying only his "wife, son and an MLA" are with him and called his exit as "good" for the organisation.
"Only people like me and Amit Jogi, who don't fear anything, can fight Raman Singh government."
Life seems to be back on track in Jeeram Ghati region of Chhattisgarh's Bastar district, three years after the deadly attack by the Naxals on the convoy of Congress leadership, with development replacing fear among the people.
A group of 40 naxals, including one carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh on her head, surrendered in naxal-affected Bastar district on Saturday, police said.
DFO Rajesh Chandel holds a government bungalow in Raipur that is said to have a functional swimming pool and to maintain the same hundred of litres of water is being wasted on a regular basis.
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part II
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part III
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part IV
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage
- Missing IAF plane: Parrikar likely to visit Chennai tomorrow
- SHOCKING: FC Goa co-owners Dempo, Salgaocar 'quit' Indian Super League
- WHO, World Bank report urges healthcare reforms in China
- IMF boss Lagarde to stand trial over $400 mn Tapie payout
- CBI arrests man who forged PM Modi's signature
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one