At least fifteen Maoist rebels have surrendered before the police in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district.
RK Rai is considered to be a supporter of Chhattisgarh Janata Congress Party chief Ajit Jogi.
A naxal was today killed in an exchange of fire with security forces in the outskirts of a town in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said.
A police jawan, who was critically injured in a blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district last month, died at a private hospital here, police said today.
Tension flared up in Mungeli district in Chhattisgarh today following protests triggered by an "objectionable" comment on social media against a Hindu god and goddess, police said.
The Maoist supporters belong to Kerlapal, Majhipara, Patelpara, Potampara, Borguda, Gondpalli Mosalpara, Jeerampal, Badesatti, Pandupara and other villages of the region.
A lower rung Naxal was today killed in an exchange of fire with security forces in a dense forest of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, police said.
Two Naxals were today killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district.
At least two naxals were killed during an encounter with the security forces in Phulbagri district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday.
For the first time in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, three women commandos, who formerly fought against security forces alongside naxals, took part in an anti-Maoist operation in which two ultras were gunned down.
Two naxals were on Saturday gunned down in a fierce gun-battle with security forces in a densely forested hill in insurgency-hit Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Two security personnel were today injured in an improvised explosive device (IED) blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district.
A CoBRA commando, who was critically injured in an encounter with the Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district last week, died at a private hospital here today.
Delhi Minister Gopal Rai was on Saturday in a spot when a vehicle of his cavalcade overturned in Chhattisgarh on Friday.
The tripartite meeting between the Centre, Odisha and Chattisgarh over the Mahanadi water issue will be held in the national capital on Saturday.
The Chhattisgarh High Court has directed the state government to carry out test of drinking water supplied by municipal corporations to check whether it is fit for consumption.
Giving a fillip to the ongoing drive for rehabilitation of Maoists, 72 of the Left extremists, including two women, surrendered before the district authorities in Chhattisgarh's Bastar area on Thursday, a senior police officer said.
The Congress on Wednesday announced a coordination committee for Chhattisgarh headed by party General Secretary and MP B.K. Hariprasad.
Under pressure from security forces but encouraged by the state government's rehabilitation policy for former insurgents, a total of 38 Maoists, including seven women, surrendered in this Chhattisgarh district on Sunday, police said.
Most of the surrendered Naxals are lower rung ultras allegedly involved in murder, loot and attacks on police.
A video of a government school teacher in Chhattisgarh's Jashpur district getting body massage from students has gone viral.
Those arrested were identified as Sonay Potai (32), associated with the military wing of Maoists, and Soni Potai, an area committee member.
The matter came to fore after a trainee deputy superintendent of police lodged a complaint of harassment against her trainer Neelkanth Sahu.
A naxal was today gunned down in an exchange of fire with security forces in the dense forests of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, police said.
Four Naxals, including a 'commander-rank' woman cadre, were on Wednesday gunned down while a jawan was injured in an encounter between security personnel and the ultras in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
The Naxals carried out an attack near the 9th battalion of the Chhattisgarh Armed Forces (CAF) at Kurrajohar village in Narayanpur district.
Women commandos are active in about 300 villages in the district's Gunderdehi, Gurur and Balod development blocks.
A 60-year-old woman was allegedly raped at an old age home in Chhattisgarh's Raipur district, police said.
Security forces on Sunday recovered a powerful 40-kg improvised explosive device (IED), planted by Maoists eight years back in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district on National Highway 63, police said.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- Circular issued to ban use of Mobile phones in Parliament
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Debit Card fraud: Follow these 15 tips and keep your ATM transactions safe
- Reliance Jio Welcome offer not valid till December 31 –It expires early
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'