The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has put up a series of hoardings questioning the Delhi Government`s expenditure on its advertisement campaign.
The president of the DU teachers' body and senior St Stephen's faculty member Nandita Narain has accused the college's principal Valson Thampu of pursuing a "personal vendetta" against her as he rejected her request for leave to contest the teachers' body polls.
Trams may roll on the streets of Old Delhi's Chandni Chowk with Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation (SRDC) likely to approve the project in its upcoming board meeting on Monday.
AAP government on Friday appointed senior lawyers Gopal Subramanium and Dayan Krishnan to contest the appeal of Nitish Katara murder case convicts Vikas Yadav and his cousin Vishal in Supreme Court.
Sleuths probing the Delhi University (DU) admission scam busted two days ago have their sights set on Inderjeet Singh alias `Kaku` identified as the likely mastermind of the Rs1 billion racket.
A 20-year-old youth was today arrested for allegedly trying to molest a northeastern girl at Khirki Extension area in South Delhi, police said.
A court here on Friday fixed September 10 for recording of pre-summoning evidence in a criminal defamation complaint by a Delhi Police constable against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for using a slang "thulla" to describe policemen.
An Air India flight with around 150 passengers and crew on board made an emergency landing at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) on Friday. All aboard are safe.
In a first, the Delhi government on Thursday notified a policy regarding protection of witnesses with provisions for a protection fund and processing of such requests by competent authority.
Stressing the need for speedy action under the Swachh Bharat Mission, the urban development ministry has decided to install 480 public toilet seats at 80 locations in Delhi in the next three months.
Against the backdrop St Stephen's molestation row, the college's principal Valson Thampu today met senior UGC officials and hailed their "support" for the institute.
Parts of the national capital received light rain on Thursday while the weather remained pleasant and the maximum temperature settled three notches below the season`s average at 31.3 degrees Celsius. The city is likely to get more showers on Friday, the Met Office said.
St Stephen's research scholar who was allegedly molested by a college professor today warned him and college principal Valson Thampu of legal action if they do not facilitate disbursal of her stipend, access to her compounds and computational data within seven days.
Delhi High Court on Thursday dismissed the pleas of Congress MPs Ambika Soni and Kumari Selja challenging government orders to evict them from large bungalows in Lutyens' Delhi, ruing that they had attempted to give "political overtones" to the matter.
Congress on Thursday accused Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of "manufacturing crises to hide his failures" as it slammed Delhi government for not sending any representatives to an "important" Joint Cadre Control Authority (JCCA) meeting.
A case has been registered here against a cab driver for allegedly molesting a 20-year-old US national in Delhi.
The Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a fake admission scam running across Delhi University (DU) colleges with the arrest of four people, officials said.
Under Swachh Bharat Mission, 480 public toilets will be installed at 80 different locations in Delhi in the next three months.
An alert has been sounded here following 1993 Mumbai serial blast convict Yakub Memon`s hanging in Nagpur jail on Thursday.
Twenty-one Nepali women, who were set to be sent to Dubai for the sex trade on the pretext of getting jobs, have been rescued following the arrest of two men involved in human trafficking, Delhi Police said on Wednesday.
Aam Aadmi Party MLA from Sangam Vihar Dinesh Mohaniya today took charge as the new Vice-Chairman of Delhi Jal Board (DJB).
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday slammed app-based cab service Ola for not complying with the ban imposed on it and asked the city government to "strictly enforce" the injunction.
Delhi University on Wednesday said the new demands raised by St Stephen's research scholar who was allegedly molested by college professor including appointment of a female supervisor and getting her compounds and computational data back, are "highly unreasonable".
The Delhi University's Teachers Association (DUTA) on Wednesday accused Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh of defying government order regarding the freeze on appointments three months before his tenure ends.
Lawmakers now can again enjoy their smoke in Parliament House.
Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a recruitment racket that duped unemployed youths of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of giving them Railway jobs, with the arrest of its kingpin from Civic Centre in Kamla Market area here.
In a fresh salvo, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal accused the Narendra Modi government of transferring two of his best officers out of the state.
Overcast conditions today offered relief to Delhiites and led the maximum and minimum temperatures to settle within comfortable levels.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government to file a status report with details of money spent by it on advertisements following a Supreme Court direction on the issue.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Yakub Memon hanged a day before his daughter turns 21
- Landmark judgement: 14-year-old rape survivor allowed to abort by Supreme Court
- Sonia must clarify why Congress didn't allow discussion on Gurdaspur attack, says Arun Jaitley
- Kissing more dangerous than smoking, can cause cancer
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Top 5 ways to celebrate Guru Purnima!
- Nation bids tearful adieu to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam; PM Modi attends funeral in Rameswaram