More rains are on Wednesday expected in the city where the temperature settled at a comfortable 24.8 degrees Celsius, three notches below the season's average.
A man, alleged to be a sharp shooter of gangster Jitender's gang also known as Gogi gang, has been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
Senior IAS officer S N Sahai is all set to be appointed the new Home Secretary of Delhi, a move aimed at ending the bitter row between Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal over the top post.
Delhi will have five mega labs for pathological examinations by the end of this year, Health Minister Satyendra Jain said on Tuesday.
The AAP government in Delhi will bear the cost of opening and maintaining offices by legislators who have been asked to identify the land in their respective constitutes in the national capital.
In a bid to curb ragging, AIIMS has decided to set up a 24x7 control room at students hostel to help them report incidents of ragging and deploy anti-ragging squads in the hostel premises during night.
Delhi government is mulling putting radio-frequency identification (RFID) tracking device on the ankles of Tihar inmates to prevent prisoners from escaping from jail and check the cases of violence inside the premises.
Delhi Metro commuters faced a harrowing time on Tuesday when a technical snag affected services on one of its lines, causing trains to run slow and halt for several minutes at many stations resulting in overcrowding.
Delhi has built the highest number of community and public toilets under Swachh Bharat Mission, followed by Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra, while Gujarat topped in the individual household category.
Following HRD Minister Smriti Irani's assurance to students of enquiring into the mass failure in Sociology examination, Delhi University said answer scripts of the students concerned "are being re-evaluated on a priority basis".
Intensifying its demand for referendum on the issue of statehood of Delhi, the AAP Tuesday said it will work with the Delhi government and "engage" its volunteers to seek a solution on the contentious issue.
The Union Health Ministry has sought a report from two hospitals here for denying treatment to a newborn baby having respiratory problems, resulting in its death.
Amid growing demand for his resignation over the molestation row, St Stephen's Principal Valson Thampu's on Tuesday said he was being chased like an "animal" in the case and appealed to all "elements" concerned to avoid character assassination as the matter is sub judice.
At least 100 Delhi government employees on Tuesday staged a protest inside the Delhi Secretariat demanding clarity on the issue of their salaries, and cadre restructuring which has not happened since 1951.
A police team from Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh, arrived at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the national capital with the viscera samples of TV journalist Akshay Singh.
AAP leader and former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti was on Tuesday denied anticipatory bail by a Delhi court which termed the plea as "pre-mature" in a case of domestic violence filed against him by his wife.
A day after monsoon showers lashed the national capital, Delhiites woke up to a humid morning with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius.
Hitting out at the Aam Aadmi Party government's decision to hold referendum on the issue of full statehood to Delhi, Congress leader Manish Tewari on Tuesday wondered whether Arvind Kejriwal-led party wanted the same for Jammu and Kashmir.
The Congress Party on Monday alleged that Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal's demand of a Greece-style referendum for full statehood for Delhi is an attempt to divert the people's attention from the main subject of development.
The AAP government has directed all heads of departments to meet the public and address their grievances every day.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday alleged that the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party`s arrogance has come to the fore after Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh`s defence of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led Madhya Pradesh Government over the mysterious Vyapam scam deaths.
Delhi government on Monday suspended a Tihar jail Superintendent in connection with the escape of two inmates from the prison last month.
A court here on Monday extended the judicial custody of Delhi`s former law minister Jitender Singh Tomar in a fake degree case till July 20.
Initial investigations may have ruled out foul play behind the death of Jabalpur Medical College dean Arun Sharma here, but Delhi Police are probing the case from all angles as the state of his body indicated "some sort of choking".
The Internal Complaints Committee probe into St Stephen's College's molestation row is moving at a slow pace "due to unavailability" of all the panel members at a given point of time, a UGC official who visited the campus was informed on .
Referring to AAP's demand for a referendum on the issue of statehood for Delhi, the CPI on Monday said it is a larger political issue which needs to be discussed on the floor of House.
After thrice managing to escape the clutches of the police, a self-styled godman wanted in several cases in Punjab, including of murder and drug trafficking, was arrested from Rama Vihar in the Begumpur area here.
Reacting to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's demand for a Greece-style referendum on the issue of granting full statehood to Delhi, BJP leader Kiran Bedi on Monday said that having state within a state is not possible.
Congress on Monday staged a protest here demanding immediate appointment of Lokayukta by AAP Government in Delhi and filed a complaint with the anti-graft ombudsmen seeking action against legislators of the ruling party, including Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- 47 dead in Vyapam scam: Target killing or uncanny coincidence?
- Turkish Airlines flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport
- Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor ties knot with Mira Rajput!
- Watch: Bollywood Top stories
- TaxiForSure cabbie masturbated while driving, says Delhi woman
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput Wedding: All you need to know
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- 'Map Of Life' predicts extraterrestrial life
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi, asks him to join probe in three weeks
- India, Uzbekistan will cultivate a great relationship: PM Narendra Modi
- MS Dhoni turns 34, cricketing fraternity wishes pour in
- Watch: Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, John Abraham in crazy ‘Welcome Back’ trailer
- Journalist's mother 'set ablaze' by two cops dies, UP CM orders magisterial probe