A day after Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced a crackdown against liquor consumption in the public, the Delhi government on Thursday launched inspection of city's liquor shops and got an FIR registered against a restaurant for illegal serving the drink.
Pakistan has deplored India declaring its High Commission staffer in New Delhi as persona non grata for espionage activities, terming charges against the diplomatic official as false.
Pakistan High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit was summoned by the Ministry of External Affairs.
The Supreme Court on Thursday stayed the summons issued against Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and AAP leader Kumar Vishvas by a court in Uttar Pradesh and issued notice to the state government.
A man on Wednesday threatened to kill AAP leader and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal.
JNU on Wednesday issued a 25-point bulletin in connection with the case of a student who has been missing for the last 12 days from the campus.
People consuming alcohol in public places and near liquor shops across the city will be slapped with heavy fines and may even be arrested, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia Wednesday said while announcing a raft of measures to deal with public drinking.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has "crossed all limits of decency" by allegedly using the insulting word 'Thulla' for Delhi policemen in an interview, Delhi High Court was told Wednesday.
In a significant development, the Allahabad High Court on Wednesday declared the privately-funded Noida-Delhi DND Flyway as toll free, according to ANI report.
Missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed was "very mild-mannered and was always studying", says his roommate Mohd. Qasim, who denies writing a letter to the Warden asking that Najeeb be kept out of bounds of the hostel.
It has been 11 days since a 27-year-old MSc student, Najeeb Ahmad, has been missing from the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Trouble brews for AAP's Okhla MLA Amanatullah Khan, who is also accused of molesting and sexually harrassing a woman in Delhi.
A fire broke out on Wednesday in a building in the national capital, authorities said.
Manipur's JR Philemon was found dead in room no 171 of the Brahmaputra Hostel of the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
The deceased identified as J.R Philemon, resident of Manipur, was found dead students and security guards on Tuesday evening, when some students noticed foul smell coming from his room.
Sacked AAP minister Sandeep Kumar, arrested on charges of rape, moved a Delhi court on Tuesday seeking bail.
The Delhi government said on Tuesday that it will develop five kilometres of riverfront along the Yamuna at a cost of Rs 200 crore.
The Home Ministry on Tuesday sought a detailed report from the Special Cell of Delhi Police after a low-intensity blast in Naya Bazar in the Chandni Chowk market in the national capital killed one person and injured at least five others.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Delhi Police Commissioner Alok Verma over the death of a person in an explosion in north Delhi's Naya Bazar area here today.
One person was killed and several others were left injured after a low-intensity blast took place in the busy Chandni Chowk market in New Delhi on Tuesday morning.
With no trace of missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed for over 10 days, Delhi Police on Monday announced an increase in reward for any information leading to him from Rs 50,000 to one lakh even as agitating students knocked at the doors of Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung over the issue.
Sisodia suspended the licence of one of the stores for violating terms of the licence. The store was sealed as well.
An eyewitness account has come to the fore allegedly revealing how the events unfolded on the night before JNU Najeeb Ahmad went missing.
The body of a 28-year-old married woman was found hanging in south Delhi's Katwariya Sarai area on Monday, with her family members alleging that she was murdered and tortured by her husband and in-laws, police said.
A 22-year-old woman was allegedly stabbed by a man at the MG Road station of Delhi Metro network here today.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Monday alleged that BJP ally Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) was funding Punjab Congress leader, Captain Amarinder Singh`s, poll campaign.
The incident was reported at about 10:30 PM on October 21 when on-duty CISF officials detected the live bullet of 9mm caliber gun in the lady's bag, when she was undergoing security check before taking a flight to New York.
The Delhi Police on Sunday arrested at least 32 persons after busting an illegal casino running at the national capital in the wee hours of Sunday.
"Today the cabinet decided that every department of the Delhi government will submit a proposal to regularise contractual employees working with them by Nov 15,” Kejriwal said.
As a mob of around 30 students rained blows, abuses and communal slurs on JNU student Najeeb Ahmed on the night of October 14, some of them could be heard saying tauntingly, "Issko 72 houron ke paas bhejna hai (We will send him to 72 virgins)".
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Misbah-ul-Haq sends England wicket-keeper and slip fielder wrong way with fake shot – Watch