The Congress on Wednesday moved the State Election Commission seeking immediate withdrawal of commercials on radio and television purportedly by the BJP, which it said is violation of the model code of conduct in force for forthcoming elections to local bodies.
Gujarat's ruling BJP has claimed that members of the Patel community, including those taking part in the quota agitation, were again supporting the party, a claim denied by the opposition and a faction leader.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel's voice samples have matched with the voice in the intercepted calls, an official of Forensic Science Laboratory at Gandhinagar said on Wednesday.
Police resorted to cane charge to disperse hundreds of Patel community members when they tried to go near Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel, who was in the town for an election roadshow on Tuesday.
In October, Surat Police arrested Hardik on the charge of sedition for allegedly advising a fellow activist to kill policemen instead of committing suicide.
On December 30, 2014, Amit Shah got a major relief when a special CBI Court discharged him in the alleged staged shootout case related to Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
Last month, the High Court had sought an affidavit substantiating the charges made in the habeas corpus petition.
To substantiate their claims, Congress issued two official documents of SEC, having total number of voters in Ahmedabad before and after the voting.
The high court bench allowed the petitioner to amend its PIL and kept further hearing in the case for coming Thursday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Monday declared there will be no reservations for the Patels in jobs and educational institutions.
e-voting introduced by Gujarat State Election Commission for polling in six municipal corporations held on Sunday, had very few takers as only 806 people voted online out of the total of over 95.9 lakh voters.
Congress called for a thorough probe into the alleged "removal" of voters' names from electoral list.
LK Advani on Sunday lavished praise on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Though no untoward incident was reported during voting, several voters complained that they were deprived of casting vote as their names did not figure in the list.
Many residential colonies had put up 'No Entry' boards against BJP campaigners while in some areas, Patel agitators exhorted people to exercise their 'None of The Above (NOTA) option on the ballot paper.
The six municipal corporations are -- Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar and Bhavnagar.
Sreekumar contends that the Commissions of Enquiry Act, 1952, stipulates that a probe report should be laid before the house of the people.
The Modi government had on March 6, 2002 appointed justices Nanavati and Mehta to look into the February 27 Sabarmati Express train burning.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti convener Hardik Patel has appointed a new 'core committee' for OBC quota stir.
Hardik Patel on Tuesday filed a bail application in the Ahmedabad sessions court in connection with a sedition case filed against him.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel on Tuesday filed a bail application in the Ahmedabad sessions court in connection with a sedition case filed against him here last month.
The members of Patel community have been demanding reservation under OBC category.
Congress leader and actor Raj Babbar will campaign for the party in the upcoming civic body polls in Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday greeted people on the occasion of the Gujarati New Year.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat arrived here on Tuesday to attend a five-day workshop of Sangh pracharaks to be held in Mandvi taluka of Kutch starting tomorrow.
Patel leaders have put up banners at the main gates of some 20 housing societies which say "We have imposed section 144 for BJP leaders."
Hardik Patel hit the headlines after mobilizing hundreds of thousands of Patel community members seeking quotas in jobs and educational institutions.
The high court also stated that time has come for the country to embrace the uniform civil code as such provisions are in violation of the Constitution.
An AAP worker had filed the petition against PM Modi for alleged poll code breach in 2014.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma