The Supreme Court on Tuesday dealt a big blow to sacked Gujarat cadre IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt.
Hardik, who leads a faction of Patel groups' campaigning to get reservation under OBC quota, cited several examples to prove his point.
Nine youths on Friday accused Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel of not extending any help to them, when they were arrested here for protesting against the leader's arrest in Surat last month.
In Gujarat, ten new cases of Swine flu have been reported across the state during the last 24 hours.
The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday reserved its order on petitions of activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand for defreezing their personal bank accounts as well as those of their NGOs, Sabrang Trust and Citizens for Justice and Peace.
The Supreme Court on Monday sought a response from Gujarat government on a plea filed against a High Court order allowing it to initiate a departmental inquiry against former DGP RB Sreekumar.
A saffron outfit in Gujarat's Mandvi area in Kutch, 'Hindu Sangathan Yuva Morcha' announced recently that Hindus who wish to participate in the Garba events will have to apply 'tilak' on their forehead and sprinkle cow urine on their body.
State Home department has recently given its nod to form the first only-women police band at Ahmedabad city police HQ.
A right-wing group on Sunday said it had issued a "diktat" barring entry of Muslims at Garba events during the upcoming Navratri festival at Mandvi town in Gujarat's Kutch district to prevent "love jihad" incidents.
Gujarat State Election Commission has announced postponement of polls to various local bodies in the state, citing law and order situation as a reason.
In a controversial remark, Hardik Patel, the 22 years old leader of the Patel quota stir, on Saturday advised a youth from the community to rather kill policemen than commit suicide.
Amid the ongoing agitation by Patels for quota, an organisation of Brahmins in Gujarat has demanded reservation for community members in Government jobs and educational institutes in the State.
A saffron outfit in Gujarat's Mandvi area in Kutch, 'Hindu Sangathan Yuva Morcha' has issued a diktat not to allow Muslims in Garba events during Navratri festival
In a stern message to the Patel quota agitation leaders, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday said no one has the right to take law in hands and those found guilty of disturbing peace in the state will not be spared by police.
Politicians are always up to something to grab attention, but some go overboard to be in the limelight. Recently, the president of BJP's Vadodara unit was seen showering money on a Gujarati singer during Ganesh Utsav, which he later claimed was done to raise funds for protection of cows in the country.
Hardik Patel on Thursday hit out at the Gujarat Government.
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday rejected Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's plea seeking recall of its order for police inquiry into alleged sedition charges slapped against him and to register a case if required.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel, who announced the formation of a new organisation, Akhil Bharatiya Patel Navnirman Sena (ABPNS) here on Wednesday, said that he would join politics "if people want" it.
The Gujarat High Court has asked the city police to conduct probe into the allegedly provocative speech of Patel agitation leader Hardik Patel during the August 25 `mega-rally' of the community here and register a case of sedition if required.
Gujarat government here on Wednesday organised a consultation seminar on the new education policy of the country, which is being drafted by Union HRD Ministry after 29 years, at a city-based educational institute wherein suggestions of academicians were taken.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel Wednesday held a meeting with leaders of several other castes here as part of efforts to consolidate his agitation.
Hardik Patel on Tuesday said the agitation for reservations for Patel community in the OBC category will continue as per the earlier plans, and a mega rally of Patel women would be held in Saurashtra region soon.
The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday asked Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's lawyer not to make further allegations which may aggravate the situation in the state and sought another shorter affidavit to substantiate Hardik's claims about alleged abduction.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel lashed out against leaders of the Patel quota agitation here on Sunday, saying that they are interested purely in promoting their "negative" agenda.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel on Friday said he would support Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the upcoming Assembly elections in the state as the JD(U) leader belonged to his community.
A man belonging to the Patel community, which has been agitating for reservation under OBC category, allegedly committed suicide here on Friday saying he had taken the extreme step for supporting the ongoing stir, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday met a group of people complaining about what they said were atrocities by police in Gujarat during the anti-reservation agitation and asking for a changeover to a system of reservations based on economic status.
Patel quota movement leader Hardik Patel on Friday announced he would launch a "lollipop movement" in the state to express displeasure over Gujarat government's package for students of economically backward classes which he alleges does not offer anything substantial to the Patel community.
The Gujarat High Court has ruled that Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA) will apply to a Muslim person too, saying that those who obstructed changes in the Muslim personal law harmed the community's interests.
The ongoing Patel quota stir in Gujarat on Thursday prompted the state government to announce a package for the economically backward category (EBC) irrespective of caste including scholarship for students and age limit relaxation for its jobs.
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Now, smart e-rickshaws equipped with CCTV cameras
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Pakistan's constant interference in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Sneak peek of Hafiz Saeed's terror school in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post
- Writers step up protest, six more return Akademi award
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- Younis Khan 19 runs away from becoming Pakistan’s leading run-scorer in Test cricket
- Attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni: Aaditya Thackeray's reply to Rajdeep Sardesai’s open letter
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!