The committee, which monitors state-run public sector undertakings (PSUs), in their report tabled in the House Tuesday pointed out several flaws in the process adopted by GSPC in acquiring the KG gas block through aggressive bidding.
As per the statement, Mumbai Press Club seeks immediate arrest of culprit(s) and impartial inquiry in the case.
Unidentified assailants barged into the Junagadh office of leading Gujarati daily Jai Hind on Monday night and stabbed to death its bureau chief Kishore Dave, police said.
A group of self-styled cow vigilantes thrashed two Dalits in a village in Gujarat's Saurashtra region for allegedly refusing to dispose the carcass of a calf.
Congress lawmakers were demanding an inquiry by a sitting high court judge into the incident where four Dalits were beaten on July 11.
Patidar quota stir spearhead Hardik Patel used the agitation as a tool to satisfy his ambition to emerge as a leader and has become a "crorepati" within one year of launching the movement, two of his former aides have claimed.
Family members of three Dalit boys who died in a controversial police firing in 2012, have demanded that the case be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as they have lost faith in the police.
Gujarat Congress leaders on Sunday submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee highlighting "atrocities" against Dalits in the state, and criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "having the time to think about people of Balochistan" but turning a "blind eye towards the suffering of Dalits" in his home state.
Retired IPS officer DG Vanzara's supporters allegedly fired celebratory gunshots in the air during his rally in Gondal town here on Sunday, prompting police to launch a probe into the incident.
CBI had last year registered a case of criminal conspiracy under the IPC Singh, a 2000 batch IRS officer, and several others.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani took the decision to constitute the three-member SIT to probe the incident after receiving several representations from Dalit leaders.
Four years after three Dalit youths were killed in a firing incident at Thangadh in Surendranagar district of Gujarat, the state government has decided to form a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the case.
The video shows four men get down from a car and then they drag a cow into their waiting vehicle before driving away.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday gave the Gujarat government two weeks to respond to rights activist Teesta Setalvad's plea challenging the freezing of her and her husband's bank accounts.
The mortal remains of Pramukh Swami Maharaj, head of the Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), were consigned to the flames at the Sarangpur Mandir campus around 3 pm on Wednesday in the presence of a galaxy of political leaders and thousands of followers.
Pramukh Swami, the spiritual leader of the Swaminarayan sect, was on Wednesday cremated inside the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan temple complex at Sarangpur in Botad district.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday warned that the Gujarat government will be taught a lesson in the assembly elections next year unless it ends violence against Dalits.
Police have arrested 22 people in connection with the attack on Dalits returning to Bhavnagar after attending a protest rally in Una town in which cops were also targeted.
The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday partly quashed a government ordinance abolishing all NRI quota in colleges offering medical courses in the state.
It seems Prime Minister Narendra Modi's appeal to stop atrocities against Dalits have fallen on deaf ears.
The victims also claimed that the attackers were residents of Samter village, who wanted to "avenge" the arrest of 12 persons in connection with last month's Una Dalit flogging case.
Radhika Vemula, mother of late Rohith Vemula, and student leader Kanhaiya Kumar joined thousands of Dalits at a school ground in Una where she unfurled the national flag on the occasion of Independence Day.
"With the demise of Pramukh Swami, people have lost a Guru but he has lost a father."
Patidar quota agitation spearhead Hardik Patel has alleged he has been "wrongfully" put under house arrest by the Udaipur police, which dismissed the charge saying it was acting as per the Gujarat High Court order.
Swami Maharaj had been under treatment for chest infection for the past few weeks.
The Supreme Court on Thursday denied interim bail to Asaram Bapu and directed the AIIMS to constitute a medical board to evaluate his health.
A very interesting story from Gujarat's Gandhinagar area has come to the fore.
A 13-year-old Muslim girl in Gujarat`s Ahmedabad city has vowed to unfurl the national flag at Srinagar`s Lal Chowk on Independence Day.
Jitu Vaghani, an MLA from Bhavnagar West constituency, belongs to Leuva Patel community among Patels.
A man was killed and another severely injured after being thrown out of a running train for resisting robbery in Bharuch district of Gujarat early Tuesday morning.
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM