Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday congratulated Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel for completing one "successful year" in office.
A day after a video of two policemen clad in uniform dancing with a woman at a wedding function here went viral, Vadodara Police Commissioner on Friday ordered an inquiry into the incident.
As part of the two-day celebrations to commemorate the completion of her first year in power, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday laid the foundation stone of a water supply project in Meghraj town of Aravalli district.
Gujarat government's move to repaint in saffron the pick up stands for state transport buses along the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar highway has sparked a controversy with the opposition Congress accusing the ruling BJP of propagating its "communal ideology" through the hue, a charge denied by the government.
BJP's national spokesperson MJ Akbar came down heavily on Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, by alleging here on Thursday that he had "robbed" farmers' land to set up his companies.
The "failure" of Gujarat and Central government in "reducing corruption" will be the main plank on which the opposition Congress will contest the forthcoming local bodies elections in the state, a senior party leader said here on Thursday.
Mumbai-bound Saurashtra Janta Express was on Wednesday halted at a railway station in Rajkot district for a couple hours, after a woman informed the police that there was a bomb aboard the train, officials said.
Gujarat government has planned two-days of state-wide grand celebrations to commemorate Chief Minister Anandiben Patel's one year in office.
To counter Congress' claims about the Land Acquisition Bill being 'anti-farmer', Gujarat government has decided to distribute pamphlets among masses during public functions, officials said.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour for three days in Amraiwadi area of the city, police said on Wednesday.
A special court trying the 2002 Naroda Gam riot case here on Tuesday summoned the investigating officer Himanshu Shukla of SIT to explain how a CD containing certain phone call records went missing.
Congress on Tuesday slammed the Gujarat government over the alleged scam in Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro rail project and demanded a white paper on it.
Ex-IAS officer and former Executive Chairman of 'Metrolink Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad' Sanjay Gupta, who was arrested in a Rs 113-crore alleged scam, on Tuesday moved the sessions court here seeking a ban on media coverage of his case.
In last ten days, three persons have died due to severe heat wave conditions gripping Gujarat, officials said Tuesday.
Three senior police officers, including an IPS officer, were suspended on Monday by the Gujarat Home Department after they were found guilty in an alleged police sub-inspector recruitment scam.
The Gujarat government on saturday said it would expedite the land acquisition process for an industrial park to be set up by China in the state for its players.
The special court hearing the 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts case on Friday turned down the state government's plea to allow `panch' (prosecution) witnesses to identify the accused persons from photographs.
India and China have signed an agreement to establish a skill and entrepreneurship development institute in Gujarat, the state government said on Friday.
The Supreme Court on Friday stayed criminal proceedings initiated by Gujarat government against former IPS officer Kuldeep Sharma in a 31-year-old assault case.
A member of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has moved the Gujarat High Court, seeking legal proceedings against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for filing an allegedly defective affidavit when he had contested the 2012 Assembly elections from Maninagar here.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel and a 26-member delegation of industry and officials will visit China, her first foreign trip as a head of state along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Effect of twin earthquakes that struck Nepal on Tuesday were felt in parts of Gujarat including Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat and Vadodara cities where people rushed out of high rise buildings after tremors.
Effect of twin earthquakes that struck Nepal on Tuesday were also felt in parts of Gujarat including Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat and Vadodara cities where people rushed out of high rise buildings after tremors.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Sunday taunted the Madhya Pradesh government for decrease in the number of tigers in the neighbouring state.
A mild quake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale was felt this morning in Kutch district of Gujarat.
In a relief to actor Aamir Khan and four others, the Gujarat High Court today quashed a case against them of illegal commercial filming of Chinkara, a protected animal, during the shoot of movie "Lagaan" in Kutch.
A one-and-half-year-old baby girl was mauled to death by around five stray dogs in the city on Friday, police said.
Chief Ministers from Gujarat, Maharashtra and Karnataka will be in Beijing next week when Prime Minister Narendra Modi undertakes his first visit there, with focus expected to be on attracting investments for their states.
DSP NK Amin, the only accused left in jail in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case, was on Friday granted bail by a special CBI court on grounds of worsening health and parity with co-accused.
Mufti Abdul Qayum, the cleric who spent eleven years in jail before being acquitted by the Supreme Court last year in the Akshardham temple terror attack case, said he has full faith in the independence and integrity of the highest court in the land.
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in