All polling booths in Gozaria town of Mehsana district on Sunday wore a deserted look as locals boycotted the district and taluka panchayat elections.
Voting on Sunday began at a slow pace for the second phase of elections to local bodies in Gujarat.
The city police on Thursday opposed the bail applications filed by Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel and his two aides, arrested in a case of alleged sedition claiming that the accused may resort to similar unlawful activities if they are released.
Amid the raging controversy over the issue of 'intolerance' in India, Gujarat Lokayukta Justice (retd) D P Buch today said intolerance is a political issue and does not fall under the purview of law.
The Congress on Wednesday moved the State Election Commission seeking immediate withdrawal of commercials on radio and television purportedly by the BJP, which it said is violation of the model code of conduct in force for forthcoming elections to local bodies.
Gujarat's ruling BJP has claimed that members of the Patel community, including those taking part in the quota agitation, were again supporting the party, a claim denied by the opposition and a faction leader.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel's voice samples have matched with the voice in the intercepted calls, an official of Forensic Science Laboratory at Gandhinagar said on Wednesday.
Police resorted to cane charge to disperse hundreds of Patel community members when they tried to go near Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel, who was in the town for an election roadshow on Tuesday.
In October, Surat Police arrested Hardik on the charge of sedition for allegedly advising a fellow activist to kill policemen instead of committing suicide.
On December 30, 2014, Amit Shah got a major relief when a special CBI Court discharged him in the alleged staged shootout case related to Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
Last month, the High Court had sought an affidavit substantiating the charges made in the habeas corpus petition.
To substantiate their claims, Congress issued two official documents of SEC, having total number of voters in Ahmedabad before and after the voting.
The high court bench allowed the petitioner to amend its PIL and kept further hearing in the case for coming Thursday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Monday declared there will be no reservations for the Patels in jobs and educational institutions.
e-voting introduced by Gujarat State Election Commission for polling in six municipal corporations held on Sunday, had very few takers as only 806 people voted online out of the total of over 95.9 lakh voters.
Congress called for a thorough probe into the alleged "removal" of voters' names from electoral list.
LK Advani on Sunday lavished praise on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Though no untoward incident was reported during voting, several voters complained that they were deprived of casting vote as their names did not figure in the list.
Many residential colonies had put up 'No Entry' boards against BJP campaigners while in some areas, Patel agitators exhorted people to exercise their 'None of The Above (NOTA) option on the ballot paper.
The six municipal corporations are -- Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar and Bhavnagar.
Sreekumar contends that the Commissions of Enquiry Act, 1952, stipulates that a probe report should be laid before the house of the people.
The Modi government had on March 6, 2002 appointed justices Nanavati and Mehta to look into the February 27 Sabarmati Express train burning.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti convener Hardik Patel has appointed a new 'core committee' for OBC quota stir.
Hardik Patel on Tuesday filed a bail application in the Ahmedabad sessions court in connection with a sedition case filed against him.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel on Tuesday filed a bail application in the Ahmedabad sessions court in connection with a sedition case filed against him here last month.
The members of Patel community have been demanding reservation under OBC category.
Congress leader and actor Raj Babbar will campaign for the party in the upcoming civic body polls in Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday greeted people on the occasion of the Gujarati New Year.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat arrived here on Tuesday to attend a five-day workshop of Sangh pracharaks to be held in Mandvi taluka of Kutch starting tomorrow.
Patel leaders have put up banners at the main gates of some 20 housing societies which say "We have imposed section 144 for BJP leaders."
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- DNA: Difference between 1975 emergency in India and 2015 emergency in France
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- PoK will remain with Pakistan: Farooq Abdullah
- DNA: Analysis of Constitution Day Debate in Parliament
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Parliament's Winter Session: When Lok Sabha reverberated with PM Modi's 'Idea of India'
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- 'Get out!' Haryana Sports Minister Anil Vij tells woman IPS officer, she stays put
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Newly pregnant? 5 things to take care of to avoid preterm delivery