He had revealed to the authorities that he had not disclosed an income of Rs13,860 crore. That puts him for a direct tax liability of Rs4,500 crore.
Seeking custodial interrogation of the couple, the Gujarat Police also rejected Teesta Setalvad's claim that lawyers fought most of the 2002 Gujarat riot-related cases for free.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to attend a conclave of farmers, cattle-rearers and representative of cooperative and dairy sectors, which will be held at Deesa town of Banaskantha district on December 10.
The Gujarat High Court has issued notice to the state government on a PIL seeking ban on flying kites and hot air balloon lanterns during the 'Uttarayan' festival while arguing that they cause death and injuries to humans, animals and birds.
A PIL has been filed in the Gujarat High Court, seeking a ban on flying of kites during the festival of Uttarayan and prohibition on use of crushed glass to sharpen kite strings, saying it is a threat to the lives of humans, birds and animals.
To popularise cashless transactions among people following the demonetisation move, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today inaugurated the 'digital donation' system at the Ambaji Temple and made a donation of Rs 31,000 using his wife's debit card.
BJP has registered yet another massive win!
Polling on total 134 seats of various municipalities, district panchayats and taluka panchayats were conducted by the Gujarat State Election Commission on Sunday.
Gujarat State Election Commission (SEC) today announced that elections to 10,318 gram panchayats in the state will be held on December 27, and the results will be announced on December 29.
Two unidentified men on Saturday looted gold bars weighing 14 kilograms after attacking a security guard of cash logistic company in Ahmedabad.
They have set an example for others to follow by getting married without much grandeur.
"The Gujarati edition of the book written jointly by Narendra Modi and (RSS leader) Rajabhai Nene on L M Inamdar, popularly known as "Vakilsaheb", would be released tomorrow," said Rajubhai Dhruv, BJP spokesperson.
Hardik said an eleven-member team of PAAS will meet the government, but stressed that the organisation will stick to its main demand of OBC quota and won't accept any "lollipop".
Reliance, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, has two advanced refineries at Jamnagar in Gujarat that can jointly process 1.2 million bpd of crude oil.
Police today raided a call centre here and arrested 19 people, including six women, for allegedly posing as officials of US' Internal Revenue Service and extorting money from American nationals by threatening them of legal action over 'tax evasion'.
A paan shop owner in Gujarat's Ahmedabad claimed that he received a "fake" note of the denomination from an unknown customer.
The Supreme Court collegium on November 18 had rejected the Centre`s plea for "reconsideration" of 43 names recommended for appointment as judges in various high courts.
Pipping every big city of India, this village in PM Narendra Modi's home state Gujarat is setting big examples for others after demonetisation move.
All the boats belong to fishermen from Porbandar.
A chartered accountant (CA) from Gujarat's Surat has written an open letter to Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (as he has been criticising the demonitisation move by PM Narendra Modi).
This is an extremely DISTURBING VIDEO. The video has gone massively viral on social media.
A division bench of the high court desisted from issuing any direction stating that the matter was already being heard in the Supreme Court.
Panic-stricken citizens queued outside banks, post offices and ATMs across Gujarat on the second consecutive day to get new currency notes in exchange for their now defunct bills following Centre's move of demonetising Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Police on Wednesday seized 1,177.76 kg of ganja having a market value of Rs 1.17 crore and arrested six persons in Gujarat's Mahisagar district.
The Gujarat unit of BJP on Sunday hailed the Centre's decision to demonetise Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes saying it is a courageous move to weed out black money.
With one more contract worker succumbing at a private hospital here, the death toll in the GNFC gas leak mishap in Bharuch district of Gujarat has risen to six, officials said today.
Kanubhai, the son of Mahatma's third son Ramdas Gandhi, had been living at the Radha Krishna temple in Surat run by Punjabi Samaj.
Kanu Ramdas Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and a former NASA scientist, breathed his last in a private hospital here on Monday evening, an aide said.
Three women of a tribal family here mowed down by a train near Anand railway station when they were trying to cross the rail tracks, police said on Monday.
Fourteen people were killed and three others grievously injured when a truck hit a mini bus carrying 17 pilgrims near Valthera Patiya village of Ahmedabad district, police said on Saturday.
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery?
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference? - Part II
- National level woman shooter alleges rape by coach
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- DNA: Analysis of cross border cyber attack on Indian online accounts
- Many trains running late due to intense fog in Delhi
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Yuvraj Singh’s post-marriage selfie with wife Hazel Keech is funny – See PIC
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest, AIADMK supporters throng Apollo Hospitals; Rajnath talks to Tamil Nadu Governor
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- India vs England: Trouble brewing in Indian camp ahead of Mumbai Test
- Donald Trump's phone calls to Pakistan's PM and Taiwan's President `upset diplomacy`