The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday reserved its order on petitions of activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand for defreezing their personal bank accounts as well as those of their NGOs, Sabrang Trust and Citizens for Justice and Peace.
The Supreme Court on Monday sought a response from Gujarat government on a plea filed against a High Court order allowing it to initiate a departmental inquiry against former DGP RB Sreekumar.
A saffron outfit in Gujarat's Mandvi area in Kutch, 'Hindu Sangathan Yuva Morcha' announced recently that Hindus who wish to participate in the Garba events will have to apply 'tilak' on their forehead and sprinkle cow urine on their body.
State Home department has recently given its nod to form the first only-women police band at Ahmedabad city police HQ.
A right-wing group on Sunday said it had issued a "diktat" barring entry of Muslims at Garba events during the upcoming Navratri festival at Mandvi town in Gujarat's Kutch district to prevent "love jihad" incidents.
Gujarat State Election Commission has announced postponement of polls to various local bodies in the state, citing law and order situation as a reason.
In a controversial remark, Hardik Patel, the 22 years old leader of the Patel quota stir, on Saturday advised a youth from the community to rather kill policemen than commit suicide.
Amid the ongoing agitation by Patels for quota, an organisation of Brahmins in Gujarat has demanded reservation for community members in Government jobs and educational institutes in the State.
A saffron outfit in Gujarat's Mandvi area in Kutch, 'Hindu Sangathan Yuva Morcha' has issued a diktat not to allow Muslims in Garba events during Navratri festival
In a stern message to the Patel quota agitation leaders, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday said no one has the right to take law in hands and those found guilty of disturbing peace in the state will not be spared by police.
Politicians are always up to something to grab attention, but some go overboard to be in the limelight. Recently, the president of BJP's Vadodara unit was seen showering money on a Gujarati singer during Ganesh Utsav, which he later claimed was done to raise funds for protection of cows in the country.
Hardik Patel on Thursday hit out at the Gujarat Government.
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday rejected Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's plea seeking recall of its order for police inquiry into alleged sedition charges slapped against him and to register a case if required.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel, who announced the formation of a new organisation, Akhil Bharatiya Patel Navnirman Sena (ABPNS) here on Wednesday, said that he would join politics "if people want" it.
The Gujarat High Court has asked the city police to conduct probe into the allegedly provocative speech of Patel agitation leader Hardik Patel during the August 25 `mega-rally' of the community here and register a case of sedition if required.
Gujarat government here on Wednesday organised a consultation seminar on the new education policy of the country, which is being drafted by Union HRD Ministry after 29 years, at a city-based educational institute wherein suggestions of academicians were taken.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel Wednesday held a meeting with leaders of several other castes here as part of efforts to consolidate his agitation.
Hardik Patel on Tuesday said the agitation for reservations for Patel community in the OBC category will continue as per the earlier plans, and a mega rally of Patel women would be held in Saurashtra region soon.
The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday asked Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's lawyer not to make further allegations which may aggravate the situation in the state and sought another shorter affidavit to substantiate Hardik's claims about alleged abduction.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel lashed out against leaders of the Patel quota agitation here on Sunday, saying that they are interested purely in promoting their "negative" agenda.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel on Friday said he would support Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the upcoming Assembly elections in the state as the JD(U) leader belonged to his community.
A man belonging to the Patel community, which has been agitating for reservation under OBC category, allegedly committed suicide here on Friday saying he had taken the extreme step for supporting the ongoing stir, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday met a group of people complaining about what they said were atrocities by police in Gujarat during the anti-reservation agitation and asking for a changeover to a system of reservations based on economic status.
Patel quota movement leader Hardik Patel on Friday announced he would launch a "lollipop movement" in the state to express displeasure over Gujarat government's package for students of economically backward classes which he alleges does not offer anything substantial to the Patel community.
The Gujarat High Court has ruled that Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA) will apply to a Muslim person too, saying that those who obstructed changes in the Muslim personal law harmed the community's interests.
The ongoing Patel quota stir in Gujarat on Thursday prompted the state government to announce a package for the economically backward category (EBC) irrespective of caste including scholarship for students and age limit relaxation for its jobs.
Expressing doubts about his abduction claim, the Gujarat High Court on Thursday came down heavily on Patel quota spearhead Hardik Patel and warned him and his lawyer of contempt of court stating that they "misused" the court proceedings.
A day after 'missing' Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) convenor Hardik Patel surfaced under mysterious circumstances, he will appear before Gujarat High Court on Wednesday.
As a part of its damage control exercise amid the agitation of the Patel community for reservations, the BJP government in Gujarat would be announcing a special scheme for general category students who come from an economically weak background.
Gujarat government on Wednesday said that Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel was not "abducted" by police as he claims and asserted that action will be taken against him as per law as it vowed to preserve peace in the state.
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri is second Babri, will raise issue in UN: Azam Khan
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- VIDEO: See why MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri are cheering for South Africa!
- OMG! Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone spotted kissing each other!
- Nepal's growth to drop to 3.4% this year: World Bank
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh Is Bliing’ shining at the Box Office
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'