The large-scale protests by Patidars had triggered violence in many parts of the state, culminating in the arrest of Hardik and his aides under the charge of sedition.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) convenor Hardik Patel has said he was offered Rs 1,200 crore and a big designation in BJP's national youth wing to withdraw his quota stir.
BSF has apprehended a Pakistani man when he tried to cross the border illegally in Kutch district of Gujarat, its officials said on Friday.
The message circulated by 'Students of Muslim Youth Forum' encourages Muslim boys to trap girls from other communities in love and tie the knot.
A sedition case here against Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel and three of his aides was on Monday committed to the city sessions court by Metropolitan Magistrate SM Kanabar.
Hardik's bail plea filed on January 22 in this case is scheduled to come up for hearing in the city sessions court on Tuesday.
Keeping up the pressure over the Gujarat land row, Congress today demanded setting up of a Supreme Court-monitored SIT to go into all allotments of government land during the tenure of Narendra Modi as the state Chief Minister.
The death toll in the mishap involving a Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus at Navsari in South Gujarat has climbed to 41, police said on Saturday.
According to police, the number of casualties is likely to rise.
Wildwoods Resorts and Realties, a company run by business associates of Anar Jayesh Patel, owns 400 acres of land in Gujarat's Amreli district.
In one of its recent observations, the Gujarat High Court has observed that peeing in the public may be an indecent act, but it does not amount to outraging a woman's modesty.
In the first appointments to higher judiciary in the last ten months, Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy was on Wednesday elevated as the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court while 12 additional judges of the Allahabad High Court were made as permanent judges.
Hardik also invited the CM to have a "healthy talk" on the reservation issue once Patel leaders are released from jail.
Jailed Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel has written a letter to Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki alleging that his party was using the the community for its own political gains and if this continues, it won't come to power for another 25 years.
The Home Ministry has informed the President after his communication that it was withdrawing the bill and will submit a re-worked bill for his consent.
The Supreme Court has asked the couple to cooperate in the probe.
Undoubtedly, every bride aspires to make her wedding day a memorable one. But, this bride from Gujarat's Ahmedabad took the wedding affair to another level!
Fashioned with the purpose of countering liquor addiction in dry Gujarat, a grouping of OBCs, SCs and STs on Tuesday held a show of strength under the umbrella of OSS Ekta Manch, telling the Gujarat government that it had not done enough for socially and economically backward people caught under the scourge of illicit liquor and deprivation.
More than 10 lakh people are expected to attend a mega rally here on Tuesday to be organised by an umbrella group of backward classes in Gujarat, which has emerged as a counter force against the Patel quota agitation.
PM Modi had visited his ailing guru at his Rishikesh ashram a couple of weeks before his death.
The Gujarat government today cancelled the transfer of Superintendent of Police (SP) of state Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) Himanshu Shukla. A notification in this regard was issued today by the state home department.
Hardik Patel and five others are charged under Sections 124 (A) for sedition, 121 (A) for conspiracy to wage war against the government and 120 (b) for criminal conspiracy.
Hardik Patel's lawyers had withdrawn his earlier bail applications which became infructuous after the police filed charge sheets in both the cases this month.
One more child has gone missing from Asaram Bapu's Motera ashram in Ahmedabad, reports said on Friday.
The Gujarat Police on Thursday arrested Suresh Chhara, after journalist Revati Laul complained of alleged assault by the 2002 riots convict.
Miffed by the three charge sheets filed against him by the police this month, the jailed leader of Patel quota agitation, Hardik Patel , on Tuesday ruled out the possibility of compromise with the Gujarat government.
The Ahmedabad police on Monday filed chargesheet against convenor of the Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) Hardik Patel in connection with a sedition case filed against him.
After about four months in custody facing various charges, including that of sedition, Hardik Patel, the spearhead of the quota agitation by the Patel community in Gujarat, has expressed willingness to sit down for talks with the state government to break the logjam.
Gujarat Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma has taken the matter seriously saying such action cannot be allowed.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- An open letter to Sunny Leone—See who wrote it!
- Sanam Re movie review: Check out audience verdict on Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam starrer!
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Muslim girl tops Ramayana exam with 93% marks, Mahabharata next target
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"