In a setback to the Haryana government, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday stayed a notification for reserving 20 percent seats in departmental promotions for class III and IV Scheduled Caste (SC) employees.
Haryana government has sanctioned Rs 1,600 crore for construction of roads, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Wednesday said.
The heat wave conditions continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab, with maximum temperatures on Wednesday again hovering between 41-44 degrees Celsius at most places.
A two-member team of the Archaeological department examined the stone idol of Lord Parshavnath, which will be taken to Chandigarh to study its antiquities.
The CBI on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that the alleged rape of an MBA student of a private university in Haryana was a serious matter and it needed time to examine the petition before replying to the notice issued to it for taking over the probe from the state police.
Mahila Congress activists on Tuesday held a protest against over various issues, including the increase in prices of petrol and diesel, and the plight of farmers.
Two persons, including a minor, have been arrested on rape charges in separate cases here, police said on Tuesday.
Heat wave conditions continued to sweep swathes of Punjab and Haryana giving no respite to people as the maximum temperatures on Tuesday again crossed few notches above normal at most places.
The blistering heat wave continued to sweep across Haryana and Punjab on Monday, with Hisar sizzling at 44.8 degrees Celsius.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the Haryana government on a petition by an undergraduate student as to why investigation into a case of "rape, criminal intimidation, unnatural sex and other offences" perpetrated on her by three law students may not be transferred from the state police to the CBI.
The state government is coming out with a new scheme for alloting land to educational institutions, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today said.
A Delhi court has directed the CBI Director to consider the plea of a sitting Congress MLA of Haryana and a prosecution witness in a disproportionate assets case, allegedly involving INLD chief OP Chautala's son Abhay, for providing adequate security to him and his family alleging threat from the accused.
The Supreme Court on Monday sought response of Haryana government on a plea seeking handing over to CBI the investigation into the alleged rape of an MBA student of a private university in Hissar.
A day after taking a dig at former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, state Health Minister Anil Vij on Sunday intensified his attack on Hooda.
Special yoga training camps will be organized in Haryana by experts of Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar, ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21.
No respite was experienced on Sunday from the blistering heatwave sweeping Haryana and Punjab as Karnal sizzled at 44.5 degrees Celsius.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday said Khap Panchayats have been part of old traditions and playing a crucial role in 'Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao' government programme for the girl child.
Delhiites continued to reel under the heatwave on Sunday with the mercury settling at 44.5 degrees Celsius, same as yesterday, the season's highest.
The BJP-led NDA government has been "working with the agenda of development of all without any discrimination", Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said here on Sunday.
A man was injured after he was allegedly hit by a vehicle belonging to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar's cavalcade at Safidon area in Jind district on Sunday, police said.
Heaping praises on Khap Panchayats, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday said these groups have always been a significant contributor in resolving social issues and are part of "our traditions".
A married woman was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law and harassed for dowry by her husband and in-laws here, police said on Saturday.
Former Haryana MLA Amir Chand Makkar, died in Hansi, about 26 km from here, on Saturday.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday demanded either a separate high court for the state or an equal representation in the existing Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday reiterated his demand for a separate High Court for Haryana and set up of an additional bench in south-western districts of the state.
A large number of school students along with their parents on Saturday held protests across Haryana against the show-cause notice served to over 4,000 guest teachers by the state government here.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it mandatory for all government, public and private schools to admit only children with proper birth certificates.
The Supreme Court on Thursday asked Haryana Police to quickly complete the probe into the leakage of question papers of the All India Pre-medical Entrance Test (AIPMT), while indicating that re-conducting the exam was the last option.
The Supreme Court on Thursday asked the Haryana Police to quickly complete the probe into the leakage of question papers of the All India Pre-medical Entrance Test (AIPMT), indicating that re-conducting the exam was the last option.
Haryana State Vigilance Bureau has registered regular inquiry regarding alleged irregularities in recruitment of Estate Officers in the Department of HUDA by Haryana Public Service Commission, Panchkula in 2013.
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt