The strangulated body of a priest was found inside the Dera premises at Narwana.
Amid the politics on cow slaughter, Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij today asked the Centre to declare cow as the national animal.
Truckers on Thursday went on indefinite strike in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on the call of All India motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) to protest against the toll system across the region.
A three-year-old girl was allegedly sexually harassed by a 30-year-old man here.
A 90-year old woman who is a former army doctor was hit by the car of a Haryana cadre IAS officer here, her family members alleged on Tuesday.
Gurgaon's Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Bharti Arora has accused her boss, Navdeep Singh Virk, of harassment and wrongly interfering in the enquiry into a high-profile rape case, leading to the Haryana police chief ordering an enquiry, by a senior police officer, into the accusations levelled by two against each other.
The Car Free Day-2 (CFD) was observed on Tuesday in selected regions of the city where Gurgaon police chief Navdeep Singh Virk and Joint Commissioner of Police Bharti Arora rode bicycles.
The family of Border Security Force (BSF) Constable Rocky, who died after bravely fighting terrorists in the Udhampur terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir last month, was on Tuesday handed over a cheque of Rs 20 lakh as financial assistance.
Gurgaon's Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Bharti Arora has accused her boss, Navdeep Singh Virk, of harassment and mental torture and wrongly interfering in the enquiry into a high-profile rape case.
In what will possibly turn out to be a silly error on part of Haryana's power department, a resident here has got his one month electricity bill of over Rs 85 crore.
The Haryana government has ordered that school teachers will not be transferred in the middle of the semester/academic session, a government spokesman said on Sunday.
With Prime Minister Narendra Modi terming the 'Selfie with Daughter' an "international movement" during his interaction with the Silicon Valley CEOs, the man behind the initiative, Bibipur village Sarpanch, today said his words of praise was helping the campaign.
For a state which has the worst sex ratio in the country, Haryana has something to cheer about also. The number of women applicants for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test is more than double that of men.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Thursday said the state government has decided to recruit teachers strictly based on their merits.
The Haryana State Election Commission has put on hold the model code of conduct that came into force with the announcement of panchayat elections on September 8, in the wake Supreme Court hearing the petition pertaining to the validity of education qualifications of those contesting the village polls.
Gurgaon observed 'car-free day' on Tuesday to free the roads from traffic congestion and encourage people to use public modes of transportation.
The ongoing Panchayat elections in Haryana were put on hold on Tuesday as the state government reportedly refused to drop compulsory educational criteria for contesting the village-level elections.
Alleging that the Haryana government was "not serious" about Jat reservation, the Sarva Jatiya Khap Monday said it will organise a "maha-rally" here on the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh on December 23.
Ending the prolonged dry spell, rains today lashed few places in Punjab and neighbouring Haryana, the two leading agrarian states which are facing around 40 per cent deficit monsoon rains each this year.
AAP activists on Saturday took out a protest march and burnt an effigy of Gurgaon's BJP legislator Umesh Aggarwal, demanding his arrest and resignation after a Delhi court framed rape charges against him.
The Supreme Court will hear on September 21 a plea by the Haryana government seeking revocation of order putting on hold the Haryana Panchayati Raj (Amendment) Act, 2015, that says a candidate aspiring to contest local bodies elections should have cleared Class 10.
Ahead of Congress' 'victory' rally on land bill issue, NDA Government on Friday launched a counter-offensive questioning the party's commitment to farmers and said it should explain how "land was acquired without consent and released for extraneous means" in Haryana during its rule.
In a setback for the Manohar Lal Khattar government in Haryana, the Supreme Court on Thursday stayed the state law providing that a candidate aspiring to contest the panchayat elections should have cleared the class 10 examination.
A class VII student of a government-run school at Naichana village in Bawal sub-division here was allegedly sodomised by his classmate, police said on Wednesday.
The wife and daughter of the Saudi diplomat allegedly abused the officials of Gurgaon Police when they went to rescue the two Nepalese women, who alleged rape by the diplomat, police said in a report to Ministry of External Affairs.
14,589 motorists in Gurgaon were today challaned in a special enforcement drive by the police to keep a check on the traffic violators in the city.
A teacher of a government primary school allegedly beat up a seven-year-old girl student and pulled her hair in Bunga village of Panchkula district in Haryana.
Jat outfits on Sunday declared to postpone their "Delhi gherao" for getting reservation under OBC quota in the wake of upcoming Panchayat polls in Haryana.
Joining the list of authorities that have prohibited meat sale in view of religious observances, Fatehabad Municipal Council (FMC) has banned the slaughter of animals for nine days on account of the Jain 'Paryushan Parv' festival.
Gurgaon police chief Navdeep Singh Virk, who went on leave for five days amid an ongoing probe into the alleged rape of two Nepali women by a Saudi diplomat and his friends, rejoined duty on the third day due to the importance of the case.
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Price of pulses crosses more than Rs 225 per kilogram
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Panel discussion on communal riots being made top issue in India instead of inflation
- From Rs 12,000 to 50,000: AAP intends to hike Delhi MLAs basic salaries
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- Varanasi violence: Schools, colleges to remain closed today
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui
- NASA's Mars orbiter reveals stunning images of Acidalia Planitia featured in 'The Martian'
- Former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with life-threatening disease
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Helder Postiga less Atletico de Kolkata to take on Goa
- Shri Kainchi Dham Mandir – A divine destination for self resurrection
- Indo-Pak border: Bright and calm from space...guns on the ground
- ISL 2015: FC Goa vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Is 7th October, 2015 going to be the end of the world?
- Watch: Baby born without skull and brain says hello in emotional video!
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!