Major Indian cities like Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Hyderabad were choked due to heavy overnight rains, which led to massive traffic snarls on Friday. Here are the live updates on Gurgaon traffic jam.
Haryana is one of the four states in India which have recorded maximum decline in Infant Mortality Rate (IMR), state Health Minister said today.
The situation was so bad in Gurgaon (now called Gurugram) that the police there had to, on Friday, ask people, coming from Delhi for work, to cancel their plans.
As per the Haryana government, a large amount of water exits Gurgaon through the Najafgarh drain, which flows through Delhi, but it is blocked partly.
The traffic snarls in Gurgaon started when various roads in the city were flooded after heavy rainfall on Thursday.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar blamed Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for the traffic jam.
A 23-year-old woman and her nine-month-old daughter were found dead in a Gurgaon village on Monday.
Celebrations turned into darkness for family members of co-pilot of the missing Indian Air Force`s AN-32 aircraft with 29 people on board Pankaj Nandel, as he was supposed to tie the knot soon.
A village panchayat in Gurgaon slapped a fine of Rs 5.5 lakh for organising a special assembly marking Eid.
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
In controversial remarks, Haryana BJP women's cell chief Nirmal Bairagi on Friday said incidents of rape have been there since the creation of earth.
The new ministers are Vipul Goyal (Faridabad), Manish Grover (Rohtak) and Banwari Lal (Bawal).
When Bhupinder Singh Hooda was the Haryana chief minister, he allocated the land to Associated Journal Ltd in Panchkula under wrong terms.
The 'lost' Saraswati 'river' is all set to come back alive later this month.
The 21-year old girl has told investigators that she was not only drugged and gang-raped, but that two of her attackers had drugged and raped her three years earlier.
Haryana police on Wednesday formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the alleged gang-rape of a 21-year-old Dalit woman in Rohtak.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notice to the Haryana government over the gang-rape of a girl by persons who had gang-raped her three years ago.
A teenager was on Wednesday stabbed to death while another injured in a clash between two groups of students near the bus stand in Karnal city, police said.
On the backfoot after a 20-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by the same accused who had gang-raped her three years back, the Haryana Police on Tuesday said that three of the five accused have been arrested.
An earthquake warning system was on Monday installed at Haryana Institute of Public Administration here by state Finance and Disaster Management Minister Captain Abhimanyu.
Gurgaon on Monday witnessed the NCR`s first installation of an onsite Early Earthquake Warning System at the premises of Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA), Sector 18, Gurgaon.
The accused are out on bail in the earlier gang-rape case and had been pressurising the victim's family for an out of court settlement.
From setting up of creche for cows to sterilising and rounding up stray bulls, the government in Haryana is sparing no efforts.
Haryana State Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma claims that the move is aimed at creating a healthy atmosphere for girls so they are not "distracted".
Justice (retd) S N Jha, former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court and Rajasthan High Court, who heads the panel said it was "not an independent inquiry commission and has to work according to the guidelines".
As part of the clean Ganga drive under 'Namami Gange' project, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today inaugurated a Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) of 25 million litre per day capacity at village Siwah near Panipat today.
Haryana government Tuesday entrusted IPS officer Bharti Arora with the task of supervising and monitoring the functioning of teams constituted in all the districts of the state to check slaughter and smuggling of cows.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court directed the state police to focus on finding victims and accused of Murthal 'mass' rapes.
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Heavy rains wreak havoc across the country!
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside
- Chris Klein, wife welcome first child
- After KSRTC strike, Karnataka bandh called on July 30 over Mahadayi river water verdict
- Sun Pharma in $50 million deal with Spanish firm
- Tanmay Bhat jokes about Priyanka Chopra’s accent – Here’s her response and it’s cool!
- Kylie Jenner is broke?
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video