A 23-year-old woman and her nine-month-old daughter were found dead in a Gurgaon village on Monday.
Celebrations turned into darkness for family members of co-pilot of the missing Indian Air Force`s AN-32 aircraft with 29 people on board Pankaj Nandel, as he was supposed to tie the knot soon.
A village panchayat in Gurgaon slapped a fine of Rs 5.5 lakh for organising a special assembly marking Eid.
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
In controversial remarks, Haryana BJP women's cell chief Nirmal Bairagi on Friday said incidents of rape have been there since the creation of earth.
The new ministers are Vipul Goyal (Faridabad), Manish Grover (Rohtak) and Banwari Lal (Bawal).
When Bhupinder Singh Hooda was the Haryana chief minister, he allocated the land to Associated Journal Ltd in Panchkula under wrong terms.
The 'lost' Saraswati 'river' is all set to come back alive later this month.
The 21-year old girl has told investigators that she was not only drugged and gang-raped, but that two of her attackers had drugged and raped her three years earlier.
Haryana police on Wednesday formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the alleged gang-rape of a 21-year-old Dalit woman in Rohtak.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notice to the Haryana government over the gang-rape of a girl by persons who had gang-raped her three years ago.
A teenager was on Wednesday stabbed to death while another injured in a clash between two groups of students near the bus stand in Karnal city, police said.
On the backfoot after a 20-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by the same accused who had gang-raped her three years back, the Haryana Police on Tuesday said that three of the five accused have been arrested.
An earthquake warning system was on Monday installed at Haryana Institute of Public Administration here by state Finance and Disaster Management Minister Captain Abhimanyu.
Gurgaon on Monday witnessed the NCR`s first installation of an onsite Early Earthquake Warning System at the premises of Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA), Sector 18, Gurgaon.
The accused are out on bail in the earlier gang-rape case and had been pressurising the victim's family for an out of court settlement.
From setting up of creche for cows to sterilising and rounding up stray bulls, the government in Haryana is sparing no efforts.
Haryana State Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma claims that the move is aimed at creating a healthy atmosphere for girls so they are not "distracted".
Justice (retd) S N Jha, former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court and Rajasthan High Court, who heads the panel said it was "not an independent inquiry commission and has to work according to the guidelines".
As part of the clean Ganga drive under 'Namami Gange' project, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today inaugurated a Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) of 25 million litre per day capacity at village Siwah near Panipat today.
Haryana government Tuesday entrusted IPS officer Bharti Arora with the task of supervising and monitoring the functioning of teams constituted in all the districts of the state to check slaughter and smuggling of cows.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court directed the state police to focus on finding victims and accused of Murthal 'mass' rapes.
A woman has left her husband's house after her in-laws failed to construct a toilet in Gauripur village here.
With three candidates mysteriously dying after undergoing physical tests for police recruitment in Haryana's Kurukshetra district in recent days, the Haryana Staff Selection Commission on Sunday warned candidates that they would be disqualified if it was found that they had taken performance enhancing drugs for the recruitment.
Texts from the holy books of various religions will be incorporated in the curriculum of government schools in Haryana from this month, a minister said on Sunday.
Heavy rains lashed parts of Haryana and Punjab, giving relief to people reeling under sultry conditions.
After Justice Dhingra sought six more weeks to probe land licences to companies, including that of Robert Vadra`s in Gurgaon, the Congress party had accused him of compromising his position and taking undue advantage of his proximity to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
Congress spokesperson RS Surjewala alleged that Justice Dhingra had accepted undue favours from the Haryana government.
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief
- BSF - Pakistan Rangers talks this week in Lahore
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 4
- HRD ministry plans chapters on disability in school curriculum
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Mayawati accuses BJP of preventing Dayashankar Singh's arrest
- Men with suspected ISIS links brought to Kochi for probe
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief