Haryana government today termed reservation a social issue and said it was willing to support the financially weak people from all the communities.
The Millenium City witnessed another shootout on Wednesday with one person sustaining injuries.
State-run buses services were affected in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh following the all-India strike call given by various trade organizations on Wednesday.
Bibipur village panchayat, which was in news recently for its 'selfie with daughter' contest, has again come up with a novel way to raise awareness among women about their rights and to help them check crime against them by organising a written contest over the issue.
Local BJP MP Raj Kumar Saini on Sunday slammed the Jat demand for reservation and said that gone are the days when any group could get their demands met by exerting "pressure" and issuing "threats".
A delegation of BJP MLAs on Thursday met Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat and demanded the dismissal of state forest minister Thakar Singh Bharmauri alleging that he was "shielding" forest mafia.
The BJP Government in Haryana has asked the concerned officers to appeal to slaughter house owners in the state to remain closed from September 11 to 19 in view of "Paryushan Parv" which is celebrated by the Jain community.
As many as 7200 posts of constables including 1000 women constables will soon be filled up in the Haryana Police Department and advertisement for the same has already been issued, DGP YP Singhal said here on Wednesday.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Wednesday said his government will not discriminate against any region of the state in development and industrial units would be set up in a uniform manner.
A man was arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping his 15-year-old step daughter here, police said on Wednesday.
Haryana Agriculture Minister Om Prakash Dhankar on Wednesday said that most of the dues accruing to the 14 sugar mills in the state have been paid and the balance would be cleared within the next few days.
A 22-year-old man was shot dead outside a cafe here by his friends after an altercation over some issue. Police on Tuesday evening arrested four people involved in the crime.
Enthused by the overwhelming support he received from top companies in both the US and Canada to his new industrial policy, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has exuded confidence that his state would soon emerge as the "most favoured FDI destination" in India.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, who wound up his visit to North America here on Monday, pitched his state as an investment destination to Canadians by citing its `unique character` in India.
Former Haryana Chief Minister and Congress leader Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday criticised the BJP-led state government for fixing academic qualification as criteria for panchayat poll candidates, which was later stayed by the High Court.
To promote "harmony and unity", the Haryana government has decided to award up to Rs 11 lakh each to panchayats and other local bodies which are elected unanimously during the upcoming panchayat elections in the state.
Traffic on the Chandigarh-Shimla highway, which remained snapped for over 12 hours following massive landslides near here, has been restored partially, officials said on Sunday.
A 27-year-old woman was allegedly sexually harassed by her stepfather in SGM Nagar area here.
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Rajiv Colony Ballabgarh of Faridabad, police said on Friday.
A 26-year-old soldier was on Friday arrested for shooting thrice at a woman teacher here after their break-up, police said.
The HBSE (Board of Secondary Education, Haryana) will be conducting the Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET 2015) examination on August 30 and 31.
The Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET 2015) examination will be conducted by the HBSE (Board of Secondary Education, Haryana) on August 30 and 31.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Haryana Police has filed a chargesheet in the case lodged by two Rohtak sisters, who grabbed the attention by thrashing molesters on a moving bus on November 28, 2014.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has highlighted to US investors the state`s comparative edge as an investment destination and regulatory reform measures undertaken by the government to promote ease of doing business.
Security around the Punjab and Haryana High Court complex was on Wednesday placed on high alert following an anonymous letter which threatened that blasts would take place there on August 21.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has invited US businessmen to invest in his state saying Haryana`s new industrial policy offered an ideal climate for doing business and getting best return on investment.
A young man who murdered his friend more than seven months ago and made phone calls to police to dare them to arrest him was arrested on Tuesday, police said.
Asserting that his government is committed to "zero tolerance" towards corruption, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has said inquiries will be set up to look into allegations of graft and the law will take its own course against those found guilty.
Showcasing Haryana as an attractive investment destination, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has invited US companies to invest in the state in sectors like IT, auto and defence production while assuring them full government support for the ease of doing business.
After the successful completion of mass plantation drive last month that saw plantation of over 2,000 trees across Gurgaon, the Art of Living (AOL) voluntary organisation on Saturday planted up to 10,000 trees in various schools in the millennium city on the occasion of Independence Day.
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Govt may ask airlines to reduce price of air fares
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Image of drowned Syrian toddler leaves the world in tears
- President Pranab reaches out to students on eve of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Analysis of break up of 'grand alliance' in Bihar
- Why are children so angry nowadays?
- DNA: China holds military parade, announces 3 lakh troop cut
- PM Modi to flag off Faridabad metro on September 6
- PM Modi interacts with students in honour of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Today in History, September 03
- Sheena Bora murder: Police to send Siddharth Das' DNA samples for tests
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players
- Khans choose their directors: Nikhil Advani
- Weak monsoon pushes Delhi's air quality into downward plummet
- Death of Aylan Kurdi: Distraught father of drowned boy pours his heart out
- Syed Ali Geelani lauds Pakistan's stand on Kashmir, reveals secret letter
- Chennai-Mangalore Express derails in Tamil Nadu, 39 passengers injured
- 'Skeletal remains recovered from Raigad most likely of Sheena Bora'
- Will wait for Modi govt's implementation on construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya: RSS
- Europe turning Mediterranean into graveyard: Turkish President Erdogan
- Welcome Back movie review: Anil Kapoor-Nana Patekar, how do you do it so well?
- ‘Bigg Boss 9’: Know what’s the theme for this season