Authorities continued curfew and restrictions on Tuesday in the Kashmir Valley.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service, also known as Karwan-e-Aman, resumed today after remaining suspended for two weeks due to the unrest in Kashmir Valley.
Dozens were injured in fresh protests in the Kashmir Valley on Monday as people defied curfew to march to Anantnag in a more volatile region in response to a call by separatists.
The BJP said the separatists were working for the benefit of Pakistan and against the interests and integrity of India.
During the discussion, Baig reportedly said, “The Indian Armed Forces will be driven away from Kashmir by Pakistani forces like dogs.”
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday arrested by police after he tried to defy restrictions and march towards Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
A medical team belonging to the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has applied for a visa at the Indian High Commission to visit Kashmir.
A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper on Sunday stabbed a colleague and escaped with the latter`s light machine gun (LMG) on the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
Authorities on Monday imposed curfew in four south Kashmir districts to prevent a separatists called protest march.
Kashmir violence has left 45 people dead in violent stone-throwing protests following July 8 killing of top pro-Pakistan rebel 'commander' Burhan Wani.
An uneasy calm prevailed in Kashmir where normal life was paralysed for the 16th consecutive day today even as security agencies braced for a march called by separatists tomorrow.
“After revoking AFSPA in few areas, we can assess the situation there. If successful we can revoke it in entirety,” CM Mufti said.
A BSF constable today allegedly stabbed a fellow jawan and fled with a Light Machine Gun (LMG) and over 10 magazines from Akhnoor sector in Jammu and Kashmir following which security has been beefed up in key areas here.
CPI-M leader Mohammed Yousuf Tarigami urged the central government to open an "unconditional dialogue" with all the stakeholders in Jammu and Kashmir, "particularly the voices of dissent", to bring peace in the violence-ravaged state.
The Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service will resume tomorrow after remaining suspended for two weeks in view of the unrest in Kashmir Valley that has left 45 people dead and 3,400 others injured.
Jammu and Kashmir needs a political solution and not economic packages, former Omar Abdullah told Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday chaired a high-level security meeting, met delegations of political parties and is slated to visit south Kashmir's Anantnag district before returning to New Delhi.
A policeman, injured in the attack on a police station in Kulgam district on July 15, today succumbed at a hospital here, taking the death toll in the ongoing unrest in Kashmir to 46.
It's a major relief for the people of Jammu and Kashmir after witnessing several days of violence and protests over terrorist Burhan Wani's killing.
Rajnath Singh met BJP ministers in the Mehbooba Mufti government, including Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court on Saturday said the state government should discontinue use of pellet guns for crowd control during law and order situation in view of the statement made by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Parliament.
Hitting out at elements who were glorifying the killings in Kashmir and playing politics over graves, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday said they never bother to look back at the victims’ families and sought public cooperation to end violence which has only brought destruction to the state.
A soldier was killed in J&K's Kupwara as the army foiled an infiltration bid from across LoC today.
"The allegation (of involvement of some NC workers in fuelling the unrest) is too serious and needs to be investigated expeditiously and role of NC in fuelling the current turmoil exposed,” BJP state spokesperson Anil Gupta said.
A Bangladeshi national was arrested by the army near the international border in Jammu district, officials said on Saturday.
Two senior police officers have been transferred from South Kashmir range, which was worst hit by violence following killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.
Fifteen-year-old girl Jhanvi Behal is all set to take on those who insulted Indian flag by hoisting Pakistani flag at Srinagar's Lal Chowk.
Curfew was lifted from four districts of Kashmir and parts of Srinagar city in view of the improving situation in these areas but remained in force in the rest of the Valley as a precautionary measure.
Rajnath Singh will be in the Kashmir Valley for two days – this is his second visit this month to the state.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark