Three persons, including a policeman, received burn injuries when a Kashmir-bound truck was attacked with a petrol bomb in Udhampur.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Life in Jammu was affected on Saturday by a protest shutdown called against cow slaughter and a beef party held by a state lawmaker.
Normal proceedings resumed in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Friday after four days of ruckus in the House, during which an Independent MLA was also assaulted by BJP legislators over his controversial beef party.
The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Friday unanimously adopted a resolution pledging to uphold the state's secular and pluralistic ethos.
A shutdown on Friday to protest alleged bovine slaughter affected life in three towns in Jammu region, with protestors attempting to block the busy Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
Supporters of independent MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid were on Friday detained as he led a march towards the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly to protest against the alleged "sabotaging" of the bill against beef ban.
Authorities on Friday asked people to maintain calm in Udhampur district of Jammu region asserting that three bovine carcasses found on Thursday most likely were result of poisoning and not slaughter.
Fearing law and order problems, authorities Thursday suspended mobile internet services across Jammu region for a few hours following circulation of a few pictures of a beef party held by an Independent MLA in Srinagar yesterday and recovery of cow carcasses.
Protests broke out on Thursday in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, after "carcasses of three cows" were found behind the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate, police said.
The controversial anti-beef ban bill could not be taken up in the J&K Legislative Assembly on Thursday.
One BJP MLA claimed that Rashid specifically mentioned “cow beef party”.
Independent lawmaker Engineer Rashid, who was thrashed by BJP legislators on Thursday, said he did not indulge in any illegal act by hosting a beef party.
Security forces have busted a militant hideout and recovered large quantity of ammunition and explosives in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The J&K Assembly on Thursday witnessed unruly scenes after BJP MLAs thrashed Independent MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid for reportedly hosting a beef party on Wednesday.
Suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militants on Wednesday gunned down Police Sub-Inspector Altaf Ahmed.
Suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militants today gunned down Police Sub-Inspector Altaf Ahmed, who was considered a key operational man and credited with smashing of many militant hideouts and arrest and killing of terrorists on the basis of intelligence generated by him.
The suspension of the four National Conference lawmakers was on Wednesday revoked by the respective presiding officers of the Jammu and Kashmir's bicameral House, prompting the opposition party to end its sit-in protest over the issue.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed on Wednesday said that over 20,000 concrete bunkers would be built along the LoC and IB for the safety of residents living in border areas in Jammu region.
A police officer was on Wednesday injured when suspected militant opened fire on a car in Bandipora district of north Kashmir, police said.
The Opposition National Conference (NC) on Wednesday refused to participate in the functioning of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly until the suspension of four of their MLAs is revoked.
A man was today shot at by a group of assailants inside the premises of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court complex here, following which an SHO was transferred and the in-charge of the police post in the area suspended on the charges of dereliction of duty. Six persons have been arrested in connection with incident which is said to be due to rivalry between two gangs.
The BJP, a partner in the ruling coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, on Tuesday accused the former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of "demeaning" the Speaker's office.
Amid outcry over lynching of a man in Dadri over rumours of consuming beef, former Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday regretted that secularism has been "killed" in the country, as he appealed to the Centre to respect all religions in order to save the nation.
Opposition National Conference (NC) and Congress legislators on Tuesday disrupted the proceedings of the state legislative assembly in summer capital Srinagar.
At least four soldiers and one militant was killed on Monday as two separate gun battles raged in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday welcomed the Supreme Court decision to suspend the order of state High Court on beef ban for two months.
The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday informed the assembly that 69 people including 35 security personnel were killed and 199 injured in militancy- related incidents and Pakistani firing in the state this year.
Facing the opposition charge of being "RSS man", Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Kavinder Gupta on Monday said he is proud to be RSS member but when inside the House, he is just the Speaker.
Former J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday accused the Speaker of state legislative assembly of being "biased" and "throttling the voice of the opposition", adding that the beef ban issue be handled by the legislature instead of judiciary.
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest