The mortal remains of nine soldiers, who were buried alive by an avalanche in the Siachen Glacier, are yet to be airlifted from Siachen, said the Northern Command in a release on Thursday.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Concerned over anti-national acvities at Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), East Delhi's MP and BJP's national secretary Maheish Girri on Thursday wrote to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Delhi's Police Commissioner Bassi.
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was today closed for traffic in view of snowfall at Jawahir tunnel.
Many areas in the higher reaches of Kashmir, including the tourist resorts of Gulmarg and Pahalgam, received fresh snowfall while the plains of the Valley experienced rains.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra has approved more than Rs 50 lakh under the financial assistance grant scheme to the Voluntary Cultural and Literary Organizations in the state.
The city authorities on Wednesday imposed curfew-like restrictions here, causing inconvenience to people.
The ceremonial border personal meeting was marked by hoisting of national flags by both the delegations.
Authorities today tightened security as a precautionary measure in the wake of separatists' call for a strike to protest the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on this day three years ago.
At least 17 highly qualified teachers of two government schools failed to answer even basic questions posed by the Deputy Commissioner of Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir , prompting him to initiate an education audit of the schools.
The body of one of the 10 soldiers buried under an avalanche on the Siachen glacier on February 3 was recovered on Monday, officials said.
BJP has asked the PDP chief that to take its final call on government formation in J&K they have time not beyond the Parliament Session.
17-year-old Sunak's father, who was a village defence committee (VDC) member, was gunned down by militants in 2001.
Omar Abdullah hit out at PDP chief Menbooba Mufti saying she must break her silence over J&K government formation.
Terror outfit ISIS does not have "very large footprint" in Jammu and Kashmir but care needs to be taken to ensure it does not make inroads, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen D S Hooda said on Saturday and advocated an "Intelligence Operation" to prevent spreading of its ideology.
The terrorist was neutralised in Gundpora village of Pulwama by security forces after they received a tip-off on presence of ultras there.
The airport in Leh will be vacated by the Air Force which will develop its base at an alternate site in the strategically-located district of J&K.
The army on Friday released the names of its 10 soldiers who were buried in an avalanche on Siachen Glacier of Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region on Wednesday.
Mehbooba indicated today that she could end the alliance with the BJP if the Central government fails to announce “confidence-building measures”.
Three rifles and one Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) have been recovered from militants.
Ten soldiers were on duty at an Army post on a glacier in J&K at an altitude of 5,900 metres (19,600 feet) when it was hit by a massive avalanche.
The encounter started this morning after security forces launched a cordon and search operation at Khushi Mohalla in the district, about 35 kms from Srinagar.
The Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the chances of finding any survivors who went missing after an avalanche hit their post in Siachen were very remote.
A fierce encounter is currently underway between the security forces and militants in Hajin area of Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Thursday.
The recommendations of the Parliamentary Panel headed by member parliament Awais Ahmad Leghari depicts an apologetic policy and it cannot be named more than this that it is an attempt to appease India, Geelani said.
In a significant victory in the fight against terror, the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Wednesday, busted a Jash-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror module operating in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday appeared to be headed for a longer spell of political uncertainty with both allies PDP and BJP putting the onus of forming the next government on each other as their leaders met Governor N N Vohra who had stepped in to break the month-long impasse.
Muslims of a village in Kulgam district of south Kashmir performed the last rites of Janki Nath (84), a Kashmiri Pandit, who refused to leave the Valley when all others in his family fled.
After meeting the Governor, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said on Tuesday that Centre needs to do more on Jammu and Kashmir.
PDP chief said she needed assurances from BJP on time-bound implementation of the agenda of alliance between the two parties before staking claim to power in J&K.
Just before their meetings with Governor NN Vohra on government formation, BJP leader Nirmal Singh on Tuesday met PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti here and expressed confidence that the coalition will continue and an elected government will be in place "very soon".
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part IV
- Essel Group's affordable housing scheme, ASHA launched in Panchkula
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part III
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, rescued from Siachen, battles for life; liver and kidney dysfunctional
- Katrina Kaif’s first dubsmash – You will love it!
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders