Moulvi Bashir Ahmad Farooqi, imam and preacher at famous the Hazratbal mosque passed away here today. He was 84.
Jammu And Kashmir News
In the wake of an extension of Jammu bandh by the AIIMS Coordination Committee, section 144 of CrPC has been imposed here by the authorities, prohibiting assembly of more than four people at any place.
Amid protests and shutdown to demand setting up of an AIIMS in Jammu, state health minister Chowdhary Lal Singh on Sunday said AIIMS will be set up at both here and Kashmir and will be provided with same facilities.
Ruling BJP in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday slammed the ongoing agitation for AIIMS in Jammu and said those spearheading the stir were playing in the hands of opposition parties, in spite of Centre's announcement to give "AIIMS-like" institution in the city.
Jammu witnessed a shutdown for the third consecutive day today as part of agitation being carried out by an amalgam of over 70 organisations to press for setting up an AIIMS in this region of the state.
A senior police officer today reviewed the overall security situation in the border district of Leh in Jammu and Kashmir.
Amid tight security, a batch of 444 pilgrims today left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Pakistan once again violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) on the International Border in RS Pura Sector on Sunday.
The J&K High Court Bar Association Jammu (BAJ) has decided to extend its strike for six more days, starting Monday, in protest against the police action on its members and the "peaceful" agitators during rallies today over the demand for setting up AIIMS in the region.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army's Western Command Lt Gen KJ Singh on Saturday discussed security situation with Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh here.
Police resorted to cane-charge and teargas firing to disperse pro-AIIMS protesters at three places amid clashes in Jammu city, where a bandh was observed for second consecutive day on Saturday over the demand for establishment of AIIMS in the region.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday condemned the attack on a police party in Pattan area of north Kashmir's Baramulla district which left three cops injured and visited them at a hospital here.
The Estimates Committee of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to approve and release Rs 200 crore for revival of sick industrial units in the state.
The Pakistan Rangers on Saturday violated the ceasefire by resorting to small arms firing and mortar shelling on border out posts along the International Border in Jammu district, drawing retaliation from the BSF.
Amid tight security, a batch of 418 pilgrims on Saturday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Three policemen, including an SHO, and a taxi driver were injured on Friday night when militants opened firing on a police check post in Pattan area of north Kashmir's Baramulla district.
Jammu and Kashmir BJP leader Prof Hari Om today suggested the party to break its alliance with the PDP as the popularity of BJP in Jammu province has dipped to the lowest levels since it become partner in the government in the state.
The residents of Banihal today staged protests over "shortage" of doctors in various hospitals here and accused the state government of "adopting discriminatory policies" against them, police said.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Friday foiled an infiltration attempt along the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba region.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Friday approved the first-ever disaster management plan in the state in an effort to reduce the vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters and natural calamities in a more effective manner.
Violent protests broke out in Jammu as a three-day shutdown called from Friday to press for setting up of AIIMS in the region disrupted normal life and opposition parties took to streets accusing ruling BJP of "betrayal".
Flags of ISIS, Pakistan and Lashkar-e-Toiba ( LeT) were waved near the Jama Masjid in Srinagar after Friday prayers.
An Indian Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in an army camp in Jammu, police said on Friday.
Clashes broke out between activists of AIIMS Coordination Committee (ACC) and the BJP today in Jammu, where a complete bandh was observed over demand of establishment of AIIMS in the region, following which police used cane charge to bring situation to normal.
On the day Yakub Memon was hanged in a Nagpur jail, a Congress MLA in Kashmir on Thursday created a stir when he claimed meeting the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts mastermind Tiger Memon.
Amid tight security, a batch of 418 pilgrims on Friday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Border Security Force (BSF) troopers guarding the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday opened fire after they noticed suspicious movements, police said.
A soldier shot himself with his service rifle late Thursday inside a barrack in Jammu, police said.
A committee of lawyers, traders and civil society members called for a three-day shutdown in Jammu beginning on Friday, accusing the central government of going back on its promise of setting up an AIIMS here.
Police today detained Independent MLA from north Kashmir's Langate constituency, Sheikh Abdul Rashid, after he took out a rally here to protest the hanging of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon and against the prevalence of capital punishment.
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- DNA: Analysis on ISIS preparing to attack India
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub Memon's wife, sacked
- This is how Urdu media reported Yakub Memon's hanging
- ISIS horror: Militants gives 4-yr-old boy sword, tells him 'this is to kill your mother'
- India wants APJ Abdul Kalam on currency notes