A pilgrim from Haryana en route to the hill shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi died on Tuesday in Reasi district of the Jammu region, police said.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Monday condemned the attack on a telecom outlet in Sopore town of Kashmir in which one person was killed and two others injured, terming it as a terrorist act.
Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday said the teenager who was seriously injured during a recent demonstration in Baramulla district would be referred to AIIMS in Delhi for further treatment if the need arises.
Girls have outshone the boys in the class 10th results of Jammu division declared on Monday.
Three soldiers and a militant were today killed as troops foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir, army said.
Congress on Monday charged BJP with misleading people of the country by promising abrogation of Article 370, which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir, saying it was not possible to repeal the Constitutional provision even if BJP gets two-third majority in Parliament.
Ruling PDP on Monday pitched for revocation of the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) in Jammu and Kashmir, saying there is "tangible improvement" in the security situation and people need to feel the change on the ground.
Former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has attacked the PDP-BJP coalition in Jammu and Kashmir expressing concern over the "regularity" with which Pakistani flag was being waved at separatist rallies and the "few nasty scraps" between the two parties which does not augur well.
Hundreds of Kashmiri Pandits on Monday left for Kashmir Valley to attend the annual "Kheerbhawani" festival in the northern Ganderbal district.
A soldier was injured on Monday when guerrillas fired at a patrol party in Kashmir, police said.
It was a relatively chilly, cloudy morning here as the minimum temperature dropped three degrees below what is normal for this time of the season on Monday.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar on Monday called for an open debate on Article 370.
Militants killed four Indian soldiers and an employee of a mobile phone shop in Jammu & Kashmir on Monday, in a spate of attacks in the disputed region.
The Pakistan Rangers last night handed over the bodies of a mother-son duo who had committed suicide by jumping into river Chenab in Akhnoor area of Jammu district on April 28.
Jammu and Kashmir Government on Sunday ruled out revival of "ikhwanis" or outfit of reformed militants in the state saying it was illegal and unconstitutional.
Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday rejected Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar's statement about eliminating "terrorists by terrorists", saying there was no place for another gun culture in the state as the situation has improved considerably.
Hitting out at those opposing the government's rehabilitation plan for Kashmiri Pandits, Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said it was the birthright of the community to settle in the Valley and reiterated the Centre's commitment to their "honorable and safe return".
Senior PDP leader Tariq Hameed Karra on Sunday demanded setting up of institutions of higher learning like IIT and IIM in the Valley for their "equitable" and "justifiable" distribution in Jammu and Kashmir.
A controversial video has surfaced in which a ruling PDP office bearer tells a group of women in distress to seek help from moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, saying the "people here have lost compassion".
BJP on Sunday said that the abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution continues to be part of the party's core ideology and it will work in that direction whenever it garners the required numbers in Parliament.
Suspected militants hurled a grenade at a residential house in Sopore town of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, but it failed to explode, police said on Sunday.
Following the overnight rain, the minimum temperature across the Kashmir Valley dropped on Sunday.
Accusing PDP-BJP government of pursuing anti-people policies, the main Opposition National Conference on Saturday called upon the women of the state to unite and supplement the fight against the ruling coalition.
Various militant outfits would try to attack the railway infrastructure in Jammu region, a senior railway police officer said here on Saturday and emphasized upon the security agencies to keep 'extra vigil'.
The Jammu and Kashmir government will provide round-the-clock free healthcare facilities to Amarnath pilgrims, state health minister Choudhary Lal Singh said on Saturday.
Congress on Saturday demanded a clarification from Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar over his 'terrorists have to be neutralised only through terrorists' remark and accused him of "reviving the notorious counter-terrorist outfit".
Nearly two dozen contractual employees were taken into preventive custody here after they tried to take out a rally in support of their demands, including the demand for regularisation of their services and proper pay scale.
Jammu and Kashmir Health Minister Chowdhary Lal Singh has imposed a fine on several officials of the health department here for dereliction of their duties, an official spokesperson said.
Security forces recovered four mortar shells in the border belt of Samba district in Jammu and Kashmir and safely defused them, police said on Saturday.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday visited forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) and reviewed the security situation and anti-infiltration measures in place in Rajouri-Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon