Another batch of over 2,200 Amarnath pilgrims left from here on Sunday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The rail-link from Banihal to Katra, connecting Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, would be completed by 2020, railway officials said here on Saturday.
A BJP MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday demanded that the Centre adopt a "proactive policy" and allow the army to carry out a Myanmar-type operation against the terrorist training camps across the LoC.
In a shocking incident, a woman was allegedly stripped naked by a gang of five persons, including an Army jawan, in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir and the video of the incident uploaded on the internet, police said on Saturday.
Holding a protest rally here, activists of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Saturday accused the BJP-PDP coalition in the state of discriminating with the people of Jammu.
Another batch of around 2,000 pilgrims for the Amarnath Yatra left from here on Saturday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The holy Amarnath Yatra is on the target of militants, a top Army officer confirmed on Saturday.
At least five guerrillas were killed when they tried to sneak into the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said on Saturday. A soldier too was killed in the gunbattle.
Opposition National Conference on Friday sought paradigm shift in developmental process and emphasised the need for devising separate plans for rural and urban pockets of the Jammu districts.
Police on Friday moved a local court seeking directions for blocking the pages on 'Facebook' which carried pictures of 11 young Kashmiri militants donning army fatigues and holding firearms.
Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Uri sector of Kashmir, killing one militant, but one jawan also died in the operation.
Hailing Amensty International's recommendation for removal of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, ruling PDP on Friday said it has vindicated the party's stand on the issue.
Clashed erupted in Jammu and Kashmir`s Anantnag town on Friday as police detained separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani while heading to lead a rally.
After successfully completing 26 weeks of basic training, 515 recruits of Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) passed out of the BSF training centre in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur district on Friday.
Terror outfit Islamic State (IS) is trying to gain a foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, a senior Army official said on Friday.
J&K Police Friday foiled separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani's plan to address a public gathering in Anantnag district of south Kashmir by detaining him near his residence here.
An encounter broke out between the Army and militants on Friday near the Line of Control in Uri sector of north Kashmir, with a militant believed to have been killed in the operation, an Army official said.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has declined comment over an Amnesty International report that blames India of not taking action against troops accused of atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir state.
In an audacious move, 11 young Kashmiri terrorists donning army fatigues and holding firearms, posted their photographs on Facebook, forcing the security forces to sit up and take notice.
Second batch of annual Amarnath Yatra pilgrims on Friday left Jammu city for the Himalayan cave shrine in South Kashmir's Anantnag district.
The Supreme Court has set aside the acquittal of a Pakistan national, a Hizbul Mujahideen operative who was involved in the serial blasts at Maulana Azad Memorial Stadium in Jammu during Republic Day function in 1995 that had claimed eight lives.
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Thursday attacked the state government over changes in the new recruitment policy in Jammu and Kashmir terming it as "cruel-joke" and said the party will consider challenging it "legally".
CPI(M) on Thursday opposed to the "trifurcation" of Jammu and Kashmir on religious and regional lines but advocated "greater autonomy" for the state and "regional autonomy" to its all three regions.
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Thursday termed the statement of Union Home Minister on the revocation of AFSPA in Jammu and Kashmir as "unfortunate and counter-productive", saying such remarks also exposed ruling PDP's "complete and total sell-out" to the BJP for the sole aim of coming to power in the state.
The Coordination Committee spearheading the agitation in support of setting up of an AIIMS here on Thursday warned of a "revolt" against the administration if did not take a decision on the issue by July 20.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh has filed a complaint against Air India for the 'erratic air services' faced by the people of Ladakh.
A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale on Thursday struck Kashmir Valley, but there were no reports of any damage due to the tremor.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Thursday visited the Amarnath shrine here.
Attacking the BJP-PDP coalition government for its "malgovernance", Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Thursday said it will take out a protest rally on July 4 here.
Asserting that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was concerned about Jammu and Kashmir, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today assured "maximum possible assistance" to the victims of the last year's devastating floods.
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- DNA: All you need to know about Indian boxer Manoj Kumar
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Seahorse-inspired robots to assist in surgeries