The tribal organizations today described the latest Census data on religion published by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner as "faulty and unauthentic" claiming it left out over 20 crore adivasis in the report.
A 25-year-old woman was killed and her husband and daughter were injured in an attack by her nephew, who suspected them of practising black magic at Goilkera in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav on Wednesday sat on a dharna in the well of the state assembly in protest against the speaker accepting the treasury bench's demand to expunge his comment on the recent arrest of a person from a train in Ranchi district.
Congress MLA Badal on Tuesday demanded revocation of suspension of officials following the August 10 stampede in the temple town of Deogarh, which had claimed ten lives.
The Jharkhand Assembly on Monday witnessed stormy scenes as state Urban Development Minister CP Singh and Leader of Opposition Hemant Soren traded corruption charges.
The Jamshedpur Women's College has corrected its "inadvertent mistake" and removed the name of Chief Minister Raghuvar Das from a notice that had earlier said admission seekers in B.Com who failed to get seats in the college will get another chance following instruction of Das.
A large quantity of explosives, including RDX, was recovered from a passenger train at Kita station near here and one person was arrested, police said on Friday.
A two-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday visited the Sunday's blast site at Beldih here and collected samples, including pieces of steel from the spot.
A senior police official was injured, while his driver and a Maoist guerrilla were killed in a gun battle with a group of insurgents on Tuesday on the outskirts of the Jharkhand capital, police said.
Two Maoist guerrillas were arrested and landmines were recovered in different parts of Jharkhand on Monday, police said.
A low intensity bomb exploded in a dustbin at Beldih locality in Jamshedpur city on Sunday night, police have said.
A local RSS leader was on Sunday shot dead allegedly by suspected ultras near Gudijora in Khunti district, a senior police officer said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday alleged the JDU-RJD-Congress pre-poll alliance for the Bihar Assembly elections "is forged on deceit, drama and arrogance" and asserted that their leaders will face a repeat of the 2014 Lok Sabha election results.
The death of 13 pilgrims in Jharkhand on Friday has pushed the number of pilgrims killed in the state in the last five days to 30.
Thirteen pilgrims, including six women, were on Friday killed and 11 others injured when a pick-up van carrying them collided with a speeding truck on the NH-33 near here.
A Jharkhand government official accused of misbehaving with a minor girl here is absconding, a police official said on Thursday.
Two Maoist operatives were arrested with arms and ammunition from Janumpidi under Murhu police station in Khunti district today, the police said.
Jharkhand government on Wednesday issued an order banning 'special darshan' at Baidyanath temple in Deogarh district till the end of month-long 'Shravani Mela', two days after ten devotees were killed in a stampede in the temple town.
A Jharkhand government official has admitted administrative failure in handling the rush of devotees at Deoghar that led to a stampede leaving 11 people dead.
A powerful land mine aimed at security personnel has been detected in Ghatsila subdivision of Jharkhand.
The Jharkhand government suspended four officials including the Deoghar deputy commissioner and police superintendent after Monday`s stampede in which 11 pilgrims were killed and over 50 others injured.
Jharkhand CM Raghuvar Das on Monday suspended Deoghar Deputy Commissioner and SP following the stampede that killed eleven people.
The Jharkhand High Court on Monday took suo motu cognizance of the Deoghar stampede in which 11 people were killed, as well as of the killing of five women by villagers after branding them witches.
Subsequent to being apprised of Jharkhand stampede situation by Chief Minister Raghubar Das, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday instructed Home Secretary LC Goyal to send an extra RAF battalion to Deoghar for better crowd and security management.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday announced compensation of Rs two lakh to the kin of those killed in an early morning stampede at the temple town of Deogarh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday expressed grief at the loss of lives in the temple stampede at Jharkhand's Deogarh district.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday expressed grief at the death of 11 persons in a stampede in Deogarh.
At least 11 people lost their lives and 50 others were injured when a stampede occurred at a temple in Jharkhand's Deogarh district early on Monday.
At least 27 people have been arrested for beating five women to death near state capita; Ranchi for allegedly practising witchcraft, Jharkhand Police said on Sunday.
At least 110 landmines planted by suspected Naxalites across three villages in a row in Jharkhand's Palamau district were on Saturday recovered by security forces.
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Media bigwig Indrani Mukerjea held for sister's murder
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Quota row: Hardik Patel calls for Gujarat bandh
- Odisha: Three jawans killed in Maoist ambush in Malkangiri
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sanjay Dutt gets 30-day parole for daughter's surgery
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Quota row: Patel agitation turns violent, clashes in Ahmedabad & Surat
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar
- Five reasons to watch Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- This is how India plans to tackle Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- Pakistani hunk Fawad Khan to play homosexual on screen?
- Revealed! How Indrani Mukherjea murdered daughter Sheena Bora
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Murdered Sheena Bora was Indrani Mukherjea's daughter, not sister!