Security forces, deployed outside the tribal students’ hostels in Ranchi, Dumka as well as other parts of the state, have been instructed to keep the students inside the premises.
Afraid of an attack by a herd of elephants, residents of Loharatola village, nearly 40 km from Jharkhand capital Ranchi, have taken shelter in trees.
While six vehicles, including a bus and trucks, were torched in Dumka district, a truck and a dumper were set alight by the bandh supporters in East Singhbhum district.
Six suspected Naxals were on Wednesday killed in a gunbattle with CRPF commandos in the jungles of the Maoist violence-affected Latehar district of Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Governor Draupadi Murmu on Tuesday said the government should think 1,000 times before tabling any bill in the assembly.
The third working day of Jharkhand Assembly's winter session was also a wash out due to disruptions over the BJP government's move to amend two land acts formulated to protect the land rights of the tribals and indigenous people of the state.
In a bid to evade scrutiny, Naxals in Jharkhand are forcing elderly people to exchange their unaccounted money after demonetisation of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
For the first time, CRPF has deployed a team of women commandos in anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday said his government's aim is to free the state from extremism and crime.
Security agencies in Jharkhand are on high alert and are keeping a close watch on moves by Maoist guerrillas to turn their unaccounted money, collected in the form of levy, into "white".
A Naxal-hit village in Jharkhand has celebrated Diwali in its "true sense" this year as electricity has reached here for the first time.
A private hospital in Ranchi is treating patients for free as the country grapples with a cash crunch post the demonetisation of 500 and 1,000 rupee currency notes.
A man was arrested for trying to deposit Rs 25 lakh cash belonging to a Maoist guerilla in a bank, police said on Friday.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today urged Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu to name Hatia-Ernakulam Express after freedom fighter Bhagawan Birsa Munda.
Maoist leader Baleswar Oraon, who was carrying Rs five lakh reward on his head, has surrendered before the Jharkhand Director General of Police D K Pandey.
The state government has made elaborate security arrangements to ward off any unpleasant incident during Monday's shutdown.
The top bureaucrat reviewed work progress of drinking water and sanitation department and addressed DCs of all districts through video conferencing about private toilets.
The opposition leaders held a meeting on Friday and chalked out strategy for the rally and the shutdown.
Santosh Kumar Singh alias Santosh Bhokta, who has 14 cases against him, surrendered yesterday under a government programme.
A retired army doctor committed suicide by stabbing himself, while five of his family members were found dead in a flat here on Sunday, police said.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his silence over the killing of farmers in Jharkhand allegedly for grabbing land.
Meraj Khan was appointed as Samajwadi Party's Jharkhand unit chief by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today.
Four villagers were killed in a police firing in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district on Saturday, an officer said.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear a plea filed by Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav challenging his jail sentence in connection with the mid-1990s fodder scam case.
Two Indian soldiers - killed in a terror attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir - were laid to rest on Tuesday in their natives villages in Khunti and Gumla districts of Jharkhand with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
A top Maoist leader Ashish Yadav was killed in an encounter with Central Paramilitary Forces and police in Gumla district of Jharkhand.
The police on Saturday arrested six Maoist rebels and recovered arms and ammunition from Gumla district of Jharkhand.
National Human Right Commission (NHRC) has sought detailed report of illegal mining in three months from Jharkhand government.
NHRC Chairperson said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent youth posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- DNA: Congress and Rahul Gandhi's twitter accounts hacked
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Nagrota Attacks: Saddened by killings of jawans, Gautam Gambhir bats for strong action against Pakistan
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits
- Reliance Jio: How to get home delivery of Jio SIM