Working overtime, Kahalgaon Super Thermal power project has exceeded the target of building toilets in school in four districts of Bihar and Jharkhand.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was "aware of everything" in the process of allocating a coal block to Naveen Jindal group firm, ex-Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda told a special court on Wednesday.
The Jharkhand High Court on Saturday took suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report and directed the state to give an assistance of Rs one lakh and facilitate better treatment to a minor rape victim whose father has to carry her physically to the nearest health centre for treatment.
Two Naxalites from the People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were killed in an encounter by joint security forces on Friday in Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday announced a three-member committed to look into the CSAT, ending the Opposition protests, which had demanded its withdrawal.
The domicile issue reverberated in the Jharkhand Assembly on Friday, with Fulchand Mandal of the ruling BJP claiming that Chief Minister Raghubar Das hailed from Chhattisgarh.
The tribal organizations today described the latest Census data on religion published by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner as "faulty and unauthentic" claiming it left out over 20 crore adivasis in the report.
A 25-year-old woman was killed and her husband and daughter were injured in an attack by her nephew, who suspected them of practising black magic at Goilkera in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav on Wednesday sat on a dharna in the well of the state assembly in protest against the speaker accepting the treasury bench's demand to expunge his comment on the recent arrest of a person from a train in Ranchi district.
Congress MLA Badal on Tuesday demanded revocation of suspension of officials following the August 10 stampede in the temple town of Deogarh, which had claimed ten lives.
The Jharkhand Assembly on Monday witnessed stormy scenes as state Urban Development Minister CP Singh and Leader of Opposition Hemant Soren traded corruption charges.
The Jamshedpur Women's College has corrected its "inadvertent mistake" and removed the name of Chief Minister Raghuvar Das from a notice that had earlier said admission seekers in B.Com who failed to get seats in the college will get another chance following instruction of Das.
A large quantity of explosives, including RDX, was recovered from a passenger train at Kita station near here and one person was arrested, police said on Friday.
A two-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday visited the Sunday's blast site at Beldih here and collected samples, including pieces of steel from the spot.
A senior police official was injured, while his driver and a Maoist guerrilla were killed in a gun battle with a group of insurgents on Tuesday on the outskirts of the Jharkhand capital, police said.
Two Maoist guerrillas were arrested and landmines were recovered in different parts of Jharkhand on Monday, police said.
A low intensity bomb exploded in a dustbin at Beldih locality in Jamshedpur city on Sunday night, police have said.
A local RSS leader was on Sunday shot dead allegedly by suspected ultras near Gudijora in Khunti district, a senior police officer said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday alleged the JDU-RJD-Congress pre-poll alliance for the Bihar Assembly elections "is forged on deceit, drama and arrogance" and asserted that their leaders will face a repeat of the 2014 Lok Sabha election results.
The death of 13 pilgrims in Jharkhand on Friday has pushed the number of pilgrims killed in the state in the last five days to 30.
Thirteen pilgrims, including six women, were on Friday killed and 11 others injured when a pick-up van carrying them collided with a speeding truck on the NH-33 near here.
A Jharkhand government official accused of misbehaving with a minor girl here is absconding, a police official said on Thursday.
Two Maoist operatives were arrested with arms and ammunition from Janumpidi under Murhu police station in Khunti district today, the police said.
Jharkhand government on Wednesday issued an order banning 'special darshan' at Baidyanath temple in Deogarh district till the end of month-long 'Shravani Mela', two days after ten devotees were killed in a stampede in the temple town.
A Jharkhand government official has admitted administrative failure in handling the rush of devotees at Deoghar that led to a stampede leaving 11 people dead.
A powerful land mine aimed at security personnel has been detected in Ghatsila subdivision of Jharkhand.
The Jharkhand government suspended four officials including the Deoghar deputy commissioner and police superintendent after Monday`s stampede in which 11 pilgrims were killed and over 50 others injured.
Jharkhand CM Raghuvar Das on Monday suspended Deoghar Deputy Commissioner and SP following the stampede that killed eleven people.
The Jharkhand High Court on Monday took suo motu cognizance of the Deoghar stampede in which 11 people were killed, as well as of the killing of five women by villagers after branding them witches.
Subsequent to being apprised of Jharkhand stampede situation by Chief Minister Raghubar Das, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday instructed Home Secretary LC Goyal to send an extra RAF battalion to Deoghar for better crowd and security management.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Customer steals Harley Davidson bike on pretext of test drive
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- Top 25 news @10am
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- S Sreesanth praises Virat Kohli for backing 'suspended' Ishant Sharma
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- PM Narendra Modi gives 'Buddha mantra' for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Syrian boy, 3, lying dead on Turkish beach: A picture that moved the world!
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora murder: Peter Mukerjea grilled for over 12 hours as Mumbai Police looks to unravel money angle
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal reach US Open third round