Four persons were killed when two vehicles collided on Khunti-Ranchi road.
Panchayat elections in Jharkhand will take place in four phases between November 22 and December 12, Jharkhand Election Commission chief Shiva Basant said on Thursday.
A local court today granted bail to Congress MLA Nirmala Devi, who was arrested at Ranchi on August 25, and 13 other accused in connection with the violence at NTPC's Pakri Barwadih coal mining project in Hazaribagh district.
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Monday said BJP government in Jharkhand has failed to attract investment during its last eight months of rule even as the World Bank ranked the mineral-rich state third in 'Ease of Doing Business for Make In India' programme.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched the Mudra scheme in Dumka under which people can take loans up to Rs 10 lakh to start businesses.
- The PM lays emphasis on sanitation, says people needed to inculcate a habit of cleanliness in order to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi's dream of a clean India.
A teenage girl allegedly killed a 65-year-old man after he molested her and tried to rape her, police said on Thursday.
The BJP government in Jharkhand seems to have sidelined senior party leader and Lok Sabha member Karia Munda and is fawning on Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Friday visit to the state.
A Bangladeshi national wanted in the 2014 Burdwan blast case in West Bengal was arrested on Tuesday by the Jharkhand Anti Terrorist (ATS) unit in coordination with the National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said.
Tension prevailed in this Jharkhand capital on Tuesday after beef was found at a temple four days ago following which a communal clash took place, forcing authorities to step up vigil and shut down schools.
Ranchi: Clashes between two communities and a shutdown were witnessed here on Saturday after a piece of beef was found in a temple.
Prohibitory orders under section 144 CRPC have been imposed in Ranchi city of Jharkhand following sporadic clashes between two communities at Manik Tola area under Doranda police station limits Friday night.
A legislator from the ruling BJP on Thursday sought to put his own party's government in a spot by demanding a vigilance probe into the finalisation of tender for the construction of seven primary health centres in Palamu region of Jharkhand.
As Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das expressed his resolve to root out witchcraft from the state, legislators cutting across party lines have backed the idea and suggested ways to uproot the medieval belief that claims innocent lives.
Nearly 3,000 daily wage and contract labourers went on a strike in Jharkhand from Tuesday, demanding preference in filling up around 600 posts in the state electricity board, an official said.
The security forces today recovered explosives during an anti-naxal operation in Sanya village of Garwah district, police said.
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a middle-aged man at Nirmal nagar here.
The Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday gave its approval to the formation of an Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in the state.
An 11-year-old-girl walked eight kilometers carrying her sick brother on her shoulders to reach a hospital in Godda district in Jharkhand.
A nine-year-old boy and his mother were run over and killed while his younger brother lost his hand at Sonua in West Singhbhum district on Sunday, police said.
A Maoist guerrilla was on Sunday arrested in a joint operation by police teams from Jharkhand and Bihar from a Ranchi hospital where he was undergoing treatment for malaria, police said.
Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking removal of the principal secretary of Chief Minister Raghubar Das till the conclusion of a probe against him in a medicine scam in Bihar.
A Maoist 'zonal commander' and four of his associates were on Saturday arrested from Rajpur jungles in neighbouring Chhattisgarh, a police officer said here.
Working overtime, Kahalgaon Super Thermal power project has exceeded the target of building toilets in school in four districts of Bihar and Jharkhand.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was "aware of everything" in the process of allocating a coal block to Naveen Jindal group firm, ex-Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda told a special court on Wednesday.
The Jharkhand High Court on Saturday took suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report and directed the state to give an assistance of Rs one lakh and facilitate better treatment to a minor rape victim whose father has to carry her physically to the nearest health centre for treatment.
Two Naxalites from the People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were killed in an encounter by joint security forces on Friday in Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday announced a three-member committed to look into the CSAT, ending the Opposition protests, which had demanded its withdrawal.
The domicile issue reverberated in the Jharkhand Assembly on Friday, with Fulchand Mandal of the ruling BJP claiming that Chief Minister Raghubar Das hailed from Chhattisgarh.
The tribal organizations today described the latest Census data on religion published by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner as "faulty and unauthentic" claiming it left out over 20 crore adivasis in the report.
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- DNA: Analysis of how Arvind Kejriwal used the Dadri incident in his favour
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- India vs South Africa: Three players MS Dhoni should include for 3rd T20I
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- US in talks with Pakistan on limiting its nuclear weapons: Report