The Jharkhand government on Thursday directed that no police personnel should be deputed at any police officer's place for housework.
JMM) on Sunday said it will make its "best efforts" in the next two days to convince UPA partners to field a consensus candidate for Lohardaga (ST) bypoll.
The Congress on Monday officially approved the candidature of Jharkhand PCC president Sukhdeo Bhagat to contest the December 14 bypoll for the Lohardaga (ST) Assembly seat.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das said the huge mandate indicated that the people were for development.
At least 16 contractual labourers were injured when an ammonia scrubber blew up during maintenance work in the Coke Plant of Tata Steel.
Doctors in Jharkhand went on a day-long strike on Saturday to protest the new leave system introduced by the state government under which the village-heads would be the granting authority.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das hit out at Sahitya Akademi award winners who returned their laurels.
The accused entered the victims' house and killed four members of the family over witchcraft on Saturday night.
Political leaders from all parties in Jharkhand, including Chief Minister Raghubar Das, are campaigning vigorously in the ongoing Bihar Assembly Elections.
Jharkhand's farmers, facing a drought situation, suffered another setback as a hailstorm on Thursday and Friday hit their vegetable and standing crops.
Jharkhand Food and Supply Minister Saryu Rai has slammed his own government over the law and order situation in Jamshedpur, the hometown of Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
The three-day RSS executive beginning on Friday is expected to adopt a resolution calling for a check in the "imbalance" of population growth.
The Jharkhand High Court today directed the state government to file an affidavit after the CBI expressed its inability to probe a case of some students allegedly turning in as Maoists to get benefits under the surrender policy at the instance of an organisation.
Violence marred Muharram processions on Saturday leaving one person dead and at least 12 injured in Jharkhand and Bihar while stone-pelting over use of a route for procession in Gwalior led to curfew in the area even as the observance passed off peacefully elsewhere.
The by-election for the Lohardaga Assembly constituency, which was scheduled to be held on November 21, has now been deferred in view of the Panchayat Election in the state to be held next month.
A local court on Friday sentenced 16 persons to life imprisonment for killing social activist Sister Valsa Joan in Pakur district four years ago.
A principal of a college was killed on Wednesday allegedly by a student following which the accused was arrested, police said.
A day after two security personnel were killed in a gun battle with Maoists in Jharkhand's Godda district, the militants blew up a government school in Latehar district early Sunday. Nobody was injured, police said.
A poisonous snake bit Nelson Toppo, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Shailendra Kumar Sinha said.
Four persons were killed when two vehicles collided on Khunti-Ranchi road.
Panchayat elections in Jharkhand will take place in four phases between November 22 and December 12, Jharkhand Election Commission chief Shiva Basant said on Thursday.
A local court today granted bail to Congress MLA Nirmala Devi, who was arrested at Ranchi on August 25, and 13 other accused in connection with the violence at NTPC's Pakri Barwadih coal mining project in Hazaribagh district.
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Monday said BJP government in Jharkhand has failed to attract investment during its last eight months of rule even as the World Bank ranked the mineral-rich state third in 'Ease of Doing Business for Make In India' programme.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched the Mudra scheme in Dumka under which people can take loans up to Rs 10 lakh to start businesses.
- The PM lays emphasis on sanitation, says people needed to inculcate a habit of cleanliness in order to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi's dream of a clean India.
A teenage girl allegedly killed a 65-year-old man after he molested her and tried to rape her, police said on Thursday.
The BJP government in Jharkhand seems to have sidelined senior party leader and Lok Sabha member Karia Munda and is fawning on Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Friday visit to the state.
A Bangladeshi national wanted in the 2014 Burdwan blast case in West Bengal was arrested on Tuesday by the Jharkhand Anti Terrorist (ATS) unit in coordination with the National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said.
Tension prevailed in this Jharkhand capital on Tuesday after beef was found at a temple four days ago following which a communal clash took place, forcing authorities to step up vigil and shut down schools.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- When will 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed get arrested?
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF