Five persons were killed and several others injured here when an old Railway parcel office building collapsed on Monday, a top police official said.
In a freak tragedy, the parcel office building of Hubli Junction station in Karnataka collapsed on Monday, trapping three people.
The leopard was later taken to Bannerghatta Biological Park.
The leopard entered the Vibgyor School at Kundalahalli near Whitefield at around 4 am today.
Earlier, the Karnataka Government had suspended three police personnel, including one inspector.
The vice chancellor of a private university here has been arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman, the police said on Saturday.
Scores of African students staged a protest in the city on Saturday against the attack on the Tanzanian girl student.
Kijazi said that his message to all African students is to “follow the law of country, live in harmony with local community and respect the leadership of the state”.
Taking cognisance of the alleged assault on and stripping of a Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, NHRC has issued notices to the Chief Secretary and the DGP of Karnataka government, seeking a report on the matter within two weeks.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports on the alleged stripping of a Tanzanian girl student and forcing her to walk "without her top" in Bengaluru on the night of January 31, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday issued notices to the Karnataka Chief Secretary Kaushik Mukherjee and Director General of Police (DGP) Om Prakash to submit a report within two weeks regarding the action taken in the matter.
The Bengaluru police on Friday suspended two constables for alleged negligence on duty and made more arrests in connection with the brutal assault on the 21-year-old Tanzanian student by a violent mob on Sunday.
Union Law and Justice Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda on Friday said the attack on a Tanzanian student has come as an embarrassment for the nation and asked the Karnataka Government has to take some stringent measures in wake of the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
The 21-year-old Tanzanian student, who was allegedly stripped, assaulted and paraded naked by an angry mob in Bengaluru, has claimed that the cops on duty did nothing to help her when she pleaded for help.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member is one of the five suspects arrested for assaulting a Tanzanian woman.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian High Commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian high commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
Condemning the incident, the MEA spokesperson said that his ministry “will extend full co-operation in the investigation.”
According to the Bangalore police, the complaint by the Tanzanian girl was filed yesterday even though incident happened on Sunday.
The Karnataka government on Thursday said that it was seriously probing the brutal assault on a Tanzanian student while assuring full safety of foreign students staying in the state capital.
High Commissioner of Tanzania in India, John WH Kijazi, on Thursday said that the authorities in his country have written to the Indian government, demanding strict action against those who allegedly attacked and molested a Tanzanian woman in Bengaluru following a road accident.
Following the brutal assault on Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has asked the Karnataka government to explain the incident.
Sushma Swaraj said that she had spoken to Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and asked him to take stringent action against the guilty.
The unruly mob reportedly thrashed her and tore off her clothes when she protested and pleaded them to leave her alone.
Bride's family was left humiliated and insulted after the groom and his family members walked out of the wedding over 'badly' cooked rasam and sambar for the guests.
Over 100 ABVP members protested against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday at Delhi University for “politicising” the suicide of Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he would write to Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari asking him to withdraw a clause from Central rules, which mandates Class 8 as minimum qualification for getting a driver's licence.
A youths' organisation have been denied permission by Karnataka police to hold the 'Kiss of Love' campaign in Shivamogga on Valentine's Day.
Not even in their wildest dreams, inmates could have imagined that they will get such a reward for their good behaviours.
Following a bomb scare, a Goa-bound aircraft was thoroughly searched here on Wednesday.
In an embarrassment to the Congress government in Karnataka, a minister has boasted about his role in the abrupt transfer of a senior woman police official for putting his call on hold on her mobile phone.
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Divyansh's death: Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- West Bengal: Youth held for Facebook post against TMC leader
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears