Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) general secretary Vaiko on Saturday called for protection to be accorded to the Mullaperiyar Dam on the Periyar River, claiming that the Kerala government wants to destroy it.
Kerala Government on Friday lodged its protest with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh over an alleged security inspection conducted by central Intelligence Bureau (IB) across the contentious Mullaperiyar Dam, without informing the state government.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Friday requested External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to take up with the British government the proposed amendments in their immigration rules which will affect nurses from the state.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Friday met Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi here, three days after the Congress led UDF won the Aruvikkara bypoll in the state.
The Supreme Court on Friday sought response from the Kerala government on Tamil Nadu's plea that security of Mullaperiyar dam be handed over to CISF.
BJP winning considerable votes in the Aruvikkara by-election is a "very ominous" development, CPI(M) said on Wednesday, terming the results as "communalization of electorate" in a literate and progressive state.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala today staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
Congress leader KA Sabarinathan was sworn-in as a legislator of the Kerala legislative assembly on Wednesday.
Veteran BJP leader O Rajagopal finished third in Aruvikara constituency in Kerala on Tuesday but the party's vote share saw a significant five-fold increase from 2011.
CPI(M)-led LDF opposition members in Kerala on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Assembly, protesting denial of permission for an adjournment motion, seeking discussion over the spiralling price of essential commodities and the alleged collapse of state's public distribution system.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said the Congress led UDF victory in Aruvikkara bypoll was a clear rejection of the various corruption charges levelled against his government and the politics of violence unleashed by opposition CPI(M) led LDF.
Congress candidate KA Sabarinathan who on Tuesday won the Aruvikara Assembly seat by over 10,000 votes dedicated the win to his late father.
In what has come as a huge relief for the Congress-led UDF in Kerala, its candidate KS Sabarinath has won the Aruvikkara bypoll, Tuesday.
Veteran Marxist leader VS Achuthanandan, an atheist, today quoted the Holy Bible in the state Assembly while launching a scathing attack on Finance Minister KM Mani, a die-hard Catholic, for his alleged involvement in bar bribery scam.
A CAG report has criticised Kerala government for its "failure" in implementing the flagship Sea-plane project even after Rs 23.29 crore was sanctioned to it, saying the state's Tourism Department should have conducted the feasibility study before venturing into the project.
In a relief to job aspirants from Kerala, Kuwait government on Monday authorised a new agency which is having operations in the state to conduct medical screening of job seekers.
The rescheduled budget session of the Kerala assembly started on expected lines on Monday with the Left opposition staging a walkout after its plea for an adjournment motion was disallowed.
Opposition LDF on Monday staged a walkout in Kerala Assembly in protest against denial of permission for adjournment motion seeking discussion over state Vigilance department's decision not to prosecute Finance Minister KM Mani in the bar bribery scam.
South West Monsoon, which picked up momentum after a lull onset, is predicted to bring heavy downpour, exceeding seven cm, in isolated places in Kerala till June 30, regional meteorological station here said on Sunday.
The full-fledged budget session of Kerala Assembly, rescheduled in the wake of the June 27 Aruvikkara bypoll, will begin here on Sunday, with the opposition gearing up to corner the government over the decision of Vigilance not to prosecute Finance Minister KM Mani in the bar bribe scam.
The full-fledged budget session of Kerala Assembly, rescheduled in the wake of the June 27 Aruvikkara bypoll, will begin here Monday, with the opposition gearing up to corner the government over the decision of Vigilance not to prosecute Finance Minister K M Mani in the bar bribe scam.
Cracking down on tight jeans, short tops and leggings, a north Kerala women's college has decided to introduce uniforms for its students from this academic year which also gives the go-by to the 'naqab' for Muslim students.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani said on Sunday that the truth in the "non-existent" bar scam case will ultimately triumph, adding that he did no wrong.
An estimated 77.35 per cent voters exercised their franchise in the Aruvikkara Assembly seat bypoll, which saw ruling Congress-led UDF and opposition CPI(M)-headed LDF locked in a fierce battle.
Police on Saturday seized 21 head of cattle, including cows and buffaloes, being smuggled in a lorry to Kerala from Karnataka, in the wee hours on Saturday.
Kerala on Saturday made a strong pitch for a higher share of the Centre in new centrally-sponsored schemes (CSS), which it said should be at 75 per cent.
Some miscreants hurled stones at the house of a Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) leader in Kalapatti in the city, police said on Saturday.
Former Kerala minister and film actor KB Ganesh Kumar, MLA, has landed in trouble with a Vigilance Court here issuing a notice to him for illegal possession of a jumbo which he had bought from Forest Department 20 years ago to offer the animal to a temple.
Despite heavy rains, an estimated 74.4 percent turnout was on Saturday recorded for the bypoll for Aruvikkara assembly where Kerala's ruling Congress-led UDF and opposition CPI(M)-headed LDF are locked in a stiff contest.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Wimbledon 2015: Federer, Murray sweep through; Nadal crashes out in second round
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Rejoice! Special Eid song for Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' fans
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC