The toll in the Wednesday's boat tragedy here has risen to ten with the recovery of two more bodies from the backwaters while the state witnessed another mishap on Friday when two houseboats caught fire in Alapuzha district.
Keralites across the state on Friday celebrated Onam with traditional fervour and gaiety.
The Supreme Court today reserved its judgement on a batch of pleas against a Kerala High Court decision upholding the state government's liquor policy that confined issuance of bar licenses to five and three star hotels.
With the recovery of two more bodies today, the death toll in Fort Kochi's boat tragedy rose to eight, police said.
PK Jayalakshmi, Kerala's sole woman cabinet minister, has issued a circular asking everyone to address her as "Sreemathi" and not "Kumari".
Death toll in the Fort Kochi boat tragedy has risen to seven with the recovery of a body of an 18-year-old girl in a harbour near here Thursday morning, police said.
Congress-led UDF government in Kerala today announced 'Dies non?No Work No Pay' for employees who go on strike on September 2 as part of the nationwide agitation by different trade unions.
Three persons were killed when a boat carrying around 30 passengers capsized and sank in the harbour mouth off Fort Kochi after colliding with a fishing craft on Wednesday, police said.
Taking a serious note of the death of a girl student at an engineering college campus during Onam festivities, Kerala government has decided to formulate strict conditions and guidelines for holding celebrations within educational institutions.
Days after a controversy triggered regarding the alleged conduct of Onam 'sadya' (feast) in an operation theater at the government Medical College Hospital here a nurse has been transferred and a doctor slapped with showcause notice.
Senior Congress leader AK Antony on Saturday cautioned political leaders in Kerala about the "deliberate" attempts being made to upset the sensitive communal balance in the state.
The 20-year-old girl student, who suffered serious injuries after she was allegedly mowed down by a jeep inside her college campus, succumbed to her injuries here, police said on Friday.
The Kerala High Court on Thursday upheld its single judge's verdict directing the local bodies polls be held on the basis of the 2010 ward delimitation, instead on basis of the recent delimitation. The state government said it will not challenge the ruling.
The Kerala High Court on Thursday directed the State Election Commission to conduct elections to local bodies without putting forward any excuse to enable them assume charge on November 1 this year.
'Athachamayam'--a colourful cultural celebration that marks the beginning of the 10 day Onam festival-- was held at nearby Tripunithura, capital of the erstwhile Royal kingdom of Kochi on Wednesday.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed that all temples possessing elephants and using them during religious functions in Kerala would be registered with district committees set up under relevant rules for proper and effective control over them with respect to the pachyderms.
Declaration of Kerala as a 'complete digital state' and announcement of a new youth programme in memory of former President, the late APJ Abdul Kalam marked Independence Day celebrations in the state.
Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala today flayed the "reluctance" of commercial banks in disbursing loans to needy people in the state, saying a scheme formulated for helping debt-ridden persons has failed due to non-cooperation by these banks.
The Kerala government is working on a master plan to create a billion-dollar campus for startups in the near future, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said today.
A local court today dismissed the discharge petition filed by businessman Muhammed Nissam, an accused in the case relating to the murder of a 51-year old security guard.
Passengers of Guruvayur- Trivandrum Intercity express had some anxious moments after smoke emanated from a compartment of the train this morning, shortly after it left Kazhakootum station here.
A siren-blaring ambulance carrying the harvested heart and lungs of a brain-dead young man breezed through otherwise choked roads and reached the airport in no time, all thanks to traffic being halted in Kerala`s commercial capital on Tuesday.
Amid apprehensions that elections to the local bodies in Kerala is likely to be delayed due to various reasons, ruling Congress-led UDF today said it wanted to conduct the crucial polls as per schedule in October this year.
Kerala government has drawn up a plan to install GPS and CCTV cameras in public transport vehicles to ensure women's safety in view of the Centre's direction in this regard post the Delhi gang rape case.
Kerala`s Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala on Sunday said tough action will be taken against officials found guilty of leaking to media information about a probe into an IT project that has incurred losses.
A day after Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani hit out at Congress using the dynastic stick over Sushma Swaraj issue, a group of Youth Congress workers on Saturday waved black flag at her at the airport here.
The BJP-led NDA government has implemented, within a year of its coming to power, several promises which Congress failed to fulfil in 60 years of its rule, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday said.
Youth Congress activists on Saturday showed black flags to Union Minister Smriti Irani when she arrived here to attend a BJP programme.
The National Museum in New Delhi has asked the Kerala government to return the historic sword of Velu Thampi Dalawa, the 19th century prime minister of erstwhile state of Travancore, which is now kept at the Napier Museum here.
A National Investigation Agency (NIA) court on Friday extended till August 13 the judicial custody of 12 crew members of an Iranian fishing boat intercepted by the Indian Coast Guard and later handed over to Kerala Police.
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Caught on camera: UP woman assaults paralysed mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Arvind Kejriwal welcomed with slogans of "Kejriwal go back" in Bihar
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- How Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora's murder mystery unfolded – Read
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania
- Patel quota row: Army called as Gujarat comes to standstill; 7 killed, dozens injured
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: The unanswered questions
- Check out Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty
- Watch: Pragya of ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ makes everyone dance to her tunes!