Polling to elect candidates in 14 wards of local bodies where by-election was ordered began on Friday morning.
Thiruvananthapuram Medical College has imposed a new dress code for its students, urging them to wear formal clothes, said reports on Friday
Abdullah has reportedly facilitated the travel of 21 Kerala residents, including eight minors, to Afghanistan.
Voicing concern over spurt in political violence in Kerala's Kannur district, the Communist Party of India has urged the CPI-M to exercise restraint and not get provoked by the RSS as it has the responsibility of maintaining law and order in the LDF-ruled state.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday accused the RSS of deliberately trying to create unrest in Kannur district, which has been marred by political violence in the recent months.
Malayalam superstar Suresh Gopi on Wednesday joined the BJP here in the presence of Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and party General Secretary Bhupinder Yadav.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan alleged that the RSS and BJP were "deliberately" creating tension in Kannur.
Govindaswamy had raped and murdered Soumya when she was travelling by train from Ernakulam to Shornur on February 1, 2011.
A Salafi preacher has stirred up a controversy by urging Muslims not to send their kids to the mainstream schools.
"The RSS-BJP central leadership should intervene to put an end to the attacks against CPI(M) workers by their activists, CPI(M)'s Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said.
EP Jayarajan was a close aide of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan besides being one of the most powerful leaders in the Communist Party of India-Marxist in Kerala.
The central government on Thursday sought a report from the Kerala government on the killing of a 25-year-old BJP activist in Kannur district.
The BJP has accused the state's Left Democratic Front government and Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan of unleashing "political terrorism" in Kerala.
The BJP called for a protest shutdown in Kerala on Thursday and demanded a CBI probe after one of its activists was murdered on Wednesday allegedly by CPI-M members in Pinarayi village in Kannur district.
BJP president Amit Shah on Wednesday said that attacks on BJP karyakartas in Kerala was disturbing.
Three youths with suspected links with Islamic State (IS) were picked up by NIA on Wednesday and are being questioned to probe their alleged association with another suspect arrested from Kannur in Kerala.
In a bid to protest against Ramith's murder, the BJP has called for state-wide hartal from 06.00 am to 06.00 pm tomorrow.
With artificial Chinese eggs reportedly making their way into certain parts of Kerala, state Health Minister K.K. Shylaja on Wednesday said a probe would be launched to find out the truth.
A Bharatiya Janata Party worker was hacked to death on Wednesday in Kerala`s Kannur district, the state police said.
The Congress on Tuesday demanded a Vigilance probe into the role of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan after a number of kin of senior CPI-M leaders got jobs in public sector organisations and as government leaders, triggering allegations of nepotism.
A CPI(M) worker was on Monday hacked to death by six people at Pathiriyad in Kannur district, police said.
Four persons with suspected links to Islamic State (IS) have been picked up by NIA and are being questioned to probe their alleged association with another suspect arrested from Kannur in Kerala.
A complaint was registered against a Trust-run school in Kochi for allegedly teaching objectionable content to its students and exhorting them to lay down their lives for Islam.
A Kerala man who was arrested on Wednesday for joining and supporting the activities of the IS, had undergone arms training and fought for the terrorist organisation in Iraq, said the National Investigation Agency on Thursday.
Ten government school students, who had gone on a tour to neighbouring Kerala, from Marthandam in the district, have been reported missing, police said on Thursday.
Manseed alias Omar al-Hindi, the chief of IS-linked terror module which was recently busted by the NIA, had told the investigators that his men were motivated by Zakir Naik's speeches and social media posts.
Earlier in the day, the Apex Court asked Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to October 18.
"Both the fronts should understand at least now that it is not by supporting anti-nationals that they should oppose the BJP," Kerala BJP chief said.
The NIA on Sunday arrested six persons from Kerala for allegedly plotting terror attacks in the country.
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Circular issued to ban use of Mobile phones in Parliament
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- China confirms deal for eight attack submarines with Pakistan; may be deployed in Arabian Sea
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth