An expert panel inventorying assets at Kerala’s famous Padmanabhaswamy Temple has approached the apex court for permission to open a hitherto-untouched vault.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will commence a two-day visit of Kerala from tomorrow. He will visit Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi.
Tipplers in the state have united under the banner of Kerala Liquor Consumers’ Protection Forum.
In an affidavit, the state government said administration of the temple vests with the Travancore Devaswom Board.
Saritha Nair has claimed that Kerala CM's son Chandy Oommen was closely involved in the solar scam.
Deposing before a judicial commission probing the solar panel scam, prime accused Saritha S Nair Friday produced a sealed cover containing details of powerful politicians allegedly sexually abused her in Kerala.
Based on the recommendation of the leaders of the ruling United Democratic Front, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, after the weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday, had told reporters that they will go forward to unravel the conspiracy behind the solar and bar scam.
Kerala Governor P Sathasivam described the 5-year-rule of Oommen Chandy government as the 'golden age of opportunities'.
Protests broke out in the Kerala Legislative Assembly on Friday over the solar scam as opposition LDF lawmakers staged a walk-out during Governor P Sathasivam `s speech on the opening day of the budget session.
Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar and Piyush Goyal were later flown to Delhi and Mumbai respectively by other flights.
Slamming the Congress and CPI-M led fronts, which had ruled Kerala alternatively, BJP President Amit Shah on Thursday alleged that both had followed vote bank politics with "violence and corruption" being the hallmark of their tenure.
The CPI-M on Thursday said a cooperative-sector Kerala Bank will be established if the party is voted to power in the assembly polls later this year.
The Election Commission (EC) will hold meetings with political leaders and senior state government officials in Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday to take stock of preparations for assembly elections in the state.
Amid the Left opposition`s demand for his resignation in the solar scam, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said he had done no wrong in the case.
The Left opposition in Kerala led by former chief minister VS Achuthanandan requested Governor P Sathasivam on Wednesday not to address the assembly session as the Oommen Chandy government is neck deep in the solar scam.
A day after she stuck to her claim that she was sexually abused, the judicial commission probing the solar panel scam on Tuesday allowed prime accused Saritha S Nair to produce details of the alleged incidents and supporting documentary evidences in sealed covers.
In a shocking incident, a 46-year-old man was beaten to death in a broad daylight in a village in Kerala.
The proposal for setting up a Rs 231 crore defence components park in Kerala`s Palakkad district, an official said on Tuesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Kozhikode to attend the Global Ayurveda meet.
Saritha claimed Congress leader Thampanoor Ravi had insisted her to file the sexual harassment case against Abdullakutty in March 2014.
UDF leader Antony Raju told the media that the government has got "valuable leads" about the conspirators behind these revelations, and in the next few days more details will be coming out.
Nair and her live-in partner Biju Radhakrishnan were arrested in 2013 on charges of cheating numerous investors, who paid money for solar panels.
Saritha Nair, one of the prime accused in the solar panel scam in Kerala, on Monday deposed before a judicial commission.
Congress leader K Babu, who had resigned as state excise minister nine days ago, Monday returned to the Oommen Chandy cabinet after the Kerala High Court stayed the order.
Sreelekha said that her health condition was deteriorating owing to the mental stress caused by Thachankary’s constant harassment.
Transgenders , who are striving hard to find a place in mainstream society, will soon turn entrepreneurs in Kerala with the launch of a taxi service which will be owned and operated by them, a first in the state.
In a reprieve for Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Kerala High Court on Friday stayed the lodging of an FIR against him and another minister in the solar scam case with strictures against the vigilance judge who immediately offered to quit.
Thrissur Vigilance Court judge SS Vassan, who ordered registration of an FIR against Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in connection with the solar scam, has opted for voluntary retirement.
The Chief Minister said the allegations levelled by solar scam accused, Saritha S Nair, were part of a "political conspiracy" against him.
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Divyansh's death: Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- West Bengal: Youth held for Facebook post against TMC leader
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Ranchi shame: Boy sexually assaulted, 'murdered' in private school; 3 teachers detained