An undertrial prisoner escaped from the district hospital's jail ward here, officials said today.
Madhya Pradesh News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate the war memorial in Bhopal to the country on October 14, and will also attend the former army men's convention to be held here on the same day, an official statement said on Thursday.
Nine persons were killed after being struck by lightning in Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh which has been experiencing heavy rainfall, police said on Thursday.
The Supreme Court on Thursday cancelled all the counselling for undergraduate medical course in Madhya Pradesh and ordered the process be held anew.
The Supreme Court on Thursday cancelled all counselling and admissions to undergraduate medical courses to both government and private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh and ordered the process be held afresh through centralised counselling by the state government.
An official of AIIMS Bhopal, on the condition of anonymity, said it is so far not known who threw the ink.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda on Saturday faced an embarrassing situation, while visiting AIIMS Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh.
While most teenagers these days have their sights set on the latest cellphone models, a brother-sister duo in Madhya Pradesh`s Narsinghpur district has donated their scholarships to a society and a school for constructing a toilet.
BJP veteran and Union minister Kalraj Mishra on Wednesday joined his colleague Nitin Gadkari, saying the catch-phrase "acche din" was indeed coined by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's predecessor Manmohan Singh.
Over 300 students from financially weak families from the tribal-dominated regions of Madhya Pradesh have cleared competitive like JEE, AIIMS, AIPMT and NEET among others, thanks to initiatives taken by the state government.
Members of a panchayat in Madhya Pradesh`s Panna district showed their anger against the District Magistrate -- who refused to meet them to hear their complaint of misbehaviour against an officer -- by handing over the memorandum to a dog.
The Madhya Pradesh government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan is planning to replicate “Amma canteen” model in the state.
Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Om Prakash Kohli was here on Thursday sworn in as the new governor of Madhya Pradesh.
A youth, Manoj Tripathi, who identified himself as a leader of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) allegedly tried to immolate self in front of the main gate of Raj Bhavan when the cavalcade of Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav was coming out of the premises.
On August 24, Dana Majhi, a resident of Melghar village in Kalahandi district, had carried his wife's body on his shoulder and walked 10 km accompanied by his minor daughter after allegedly being denied a hearse by the district hospital.
"We have lodged case against 15 persons. Two were arrested and the rest are being identified," a police official said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Justice Rajendra Menon will administer the oath of office to Kohli, on August 8, a Raj Bhawan official said today.
Chouhan, who is currently on a five-day visit to the US, addressed business leaders, executives and analysts in New York.
Heavy rains and flooding in Madhya Pradesh have caused massive damage to property and crops, estimated at around Rs 1,067 crore, according to officials.
The bodies of a man and a woman, who had been missing for two days, have been discovered in the district of Anuppur, Madhya Pradesh, in a suspected case of honour killing.
Describing Madhya Pradesh as an "ideal investment destination", CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said he would seek investment from US companies.
A Jain temple in Ujjain city on Sunday restrained girls aged eight years and above from entering the temple in jeans, skirts and other western outfits.
Impressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Saurabh Bilgaiyan got a line tattooed on his chest in February 2014.
Attired in their very best, people thronged the attractively decorated temples to celebrate the festival of Janmashtami across Madhya Pradesh on Thursday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s younger brother Prahlad Modi has expressed displeasure over a police case filed against his friend, a dhaba owner, and met the Indore police chief in this regard.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday said it would clarify whether its verdict, which found 634 medical students guilty of adopting unfair means in Vyapam tests, can be relooked afresh or a larger bench should restrict itself to the quantum of sentence only.
The administration has also asked the police and forest department to submit a report in this regard.
Kumar did not name the organisation, however it was a veiled reference to Amnesty International, whose Indian chapter is facing sedition charges over alleged raising of anti-India slogans by its members during an event on Kashmir.
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan became one of the most talked-about news on Sunday after one of his images went viral on social media.
Flood situation in parts of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh continues to remain grim with major rivers flowing above danger mark in these states.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Soon, BSNL to offer lifetime free voice plan for all networks
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH