Chouhan broke the record held by senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, who ruled the state for two consecutive terms from 1993-2003.
Madhya Pradesh News
A woman was allegedly raped on the pretext of marriage by a village panchayat official here, police said Thursday.
Four persons who were on their way to Omkareshwar temple were killed when their SUV fell into a dry river bed while crossing a bridge over Narmada river near Barwah town.
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
A Shiv Sena minister in BJP-led Maharashtra government on Tuesday said actor Aamir Khan "can go to Pakistan" if he didn't love India and that people such as Aamir, Shah Rukh and thespian Dilip Kumar were like "snakes", considering their statements.
The daughter-in-law of self-styled 'godman' Asaram Bapu on Tuesday once again accused him and his son Narayan Sai of harassing her.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The 25-year-old victim was rushed to a hospital with severe burn wounds on Thursday night but she succumbed to her injuries after a few hours.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere in the two constituencies and polling was underway smoothly, an election official said.
The bypolls will be held tomorrow while the counting will take place on November 24.
Madhya Pradesh government is all set to launch financial literacy in all higher secondary schools of the state.
Two persons drowned and three others are missing after a boat carrying 14 persons overturned in the back waters of Indira Sagar Dam near Gopalpura village today, a senior official said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Thursday congratulated in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly for being named as the ninth most powerful person in the world by Forbes Magazine.
Mahdele, who holds the portfolio of Animal Husbandry, was caught on camera while purportedly kicking a boy.
A day after state minister Kusum Mahdele was caught on camera purportedly kicking a boy as he bowed to touch her feet, the Aam Aadmi Party on Monday sought her resignation and petitioned the Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission for stern action against her.
Reportedly, Mahdele kicked the boy in full public view when he asked her for one rupee.
Minister Mitra, arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on December 12 last year for his alleged complicity in the Saradha scam.
A Bhopal Court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to SIMI activist Abu Faisal in connection with the murder of Special Armed Force (SAF) constable Ghisiram Yadav at Khandwa in 2009. The court had on Friday held Faisal guilty of murder, criminal conspiracy, unlawful activities and illegal possession of arms in this case.
Abu Faizal, a key leader of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), was on Friday convicted by a special court here for the murder of a police constable in 2009.
The locals of Nabi Baugh area in Bhopal are leaving in fear, as few more tigers have been spotted in the area in the recent times.
Geeta on Wednesday presented the national anthem in sign language.
The PMO has now directed its CPIO to handover the desired documents related to Vyapam scam sought by activist Ajay Dube after thorough examination.
Curfew was imposed on Saturday in a locality of the city following protest by an organisation over the route of Moharram procession.
Clashes broke out between members of two communities during Dussehra in Khargone with police cane-charging the rioters and lobbing teargas shells to control the situation in the town, where indefinite curfew has been clamped.
Police have sent DNA samples of 25 more unidentified victims of the Petlawad explosion, to ascertain whether the prime accused Rajendra Kasawa, who is missing since the blast took place, was actually dead.
Concerned over the plight of farmers due to less rainfall, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has urged IAS and IFS officers to give a new direction to state's roadmap for development by suggesting short and long-term measures for providing relief to the scarcity-hit.
For the first time, a large number of eunuchs are expected to take a holy dip and participate in the rituals of the 2016 Simhastha-Kumbh in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain district, where a separate Kinnar (transgender) akhada has come up.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has demanded CBI probe into the death of the retired Indian Forest Service officer Vijay Bahadur (63), who had served as observer for two recruitment tests conducted by the scam-tainted Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has demanded CBI probe into the death of the retired Indian Forest Service officer Vijay Bahadur (63).
After a break of about three months in the chain of mysterious or otherwise deaths of Vyapam scam related people, the accidental death of an retired forest officer and former observer in Vyapam tests in Madhya Pradesh last week has renewed many questions.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Watch: Top 10 News @9:30 am
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Spirituality: Chant these 13 mantras for Surya Namaskar!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Kajol, Kriti find tough to match Varun, Shah Rukh Khan's dance moves
- Don't think freedom of expression ever been so threatened: Nandita Das