You people are just doing your duty, so I forgive you – said Yakub Memon just before he was hanged in Nagpur Central Jail on July 30, 2015.
Describing freedom fighter Nana Patil as a man who jolted the British rule in the country, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray Monday announced that his party will build a befitting memorial for the independence activist.
The students' strike at FTII is "apolitical" but is not getting resolved due to the "reported presence" of same set of ABVP members on the campus who had attacked them two years back, a note from a senior official of the premier institute to the government says.
As FTTI students demanding the removal of Gajendra Chauhan held protests in the national capital, Union minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore Monday accused Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi of giving political colour to the stir.
The Saibaba Sansthan trust has received Rs 3.8 crore cash, gold and foreign currency donations from devotees during the three-day 'Gurupurnima Utsav', an official said Monday.
Shiv Sena has called off its alliance with BJP in Kolhapur in Maharashtra and will contest the upcoming municipal corporation polls there on its own.
The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply Transport (BEST), which runs the bus fleet in Mumbai, is facing a revenue gap of Rs 2.26 crore everyday despite over 28 lakh Mumbaikars using the services on a daily basis, an RTI query has found.
Mumbai University (MU) Vice Chancellor Sanjay Deshmukh has requested state government to appoint four pro-VCs for streamlining of the administration.
The Indian Coast Guard recovered nine iron drums containing some chemical after they were sighted afloat in the Arabian Sea close to Mumbai.
As many as 227 children were reunited with their parents last month under the 'Muskan' programme of Thane Police.
Four civic personnel were injured when they were allegedly attacked by an irate mob of hawkers in the city.
Security agencies went into alert as a dozen iron drums were found floating seven kilometres off this Maharashtra district, an official said here on Saturday.
Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust (SSST) has announced changes in the timing of Shri Saibaba's aaratis with effect from Saturday, in view of the heavy rush of pilgrims during the ongoing Kumbh Mela.
Two policemen were on Saturday suspended for thrashing a farmer in Beed district of Marathwada, while the latter was in a queue to pay crop insurance premium.
Maharashtra Women and Child Welfare Minister Pankaja Munde tops the list of ministers remaining absent from state cabinet meetings, a RTI query has revealed here.
Aaditya Thackeray, the son of Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday, and told him about a campaign to realise Balasaheb Thackeray`s dream of reducing the burden of children`s schoolbags, and to use technology for improving the status of education in Maharashtra.
Tiger Memon, said to be the prime conspirator of 1993 Mumbai blasts, was head over heels for a call girl, so much so that he wanted to divorce his wife, a report has said.
The Comptroller and General (CAG) has rapped the Zilla Parishads in Maharashtra for taking up minor irrigation works without preparing any long-term district wise masterplans, resulting in significant time and cost overrun.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday said the state government will demand death sentence for the accused of Malvani hooch case here.
One of the last wishes of Yakub Memon, who was hanged in Nagpur Central Jail on Thursday, was to talk to his daughter.
AAP leader Anjali Damania on Friday levelled a slew of graft charges against former Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and alleged that he awarded contracts to his relatives and people close to him when he was in office, charges rubbished by his party NCP.
The Shiv Sena today joined the Opposition Congress and NCP in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly to demand a Rs 12,000 crore package to meet out the irrigation backlog in Marathwada region.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party said on Friday, was going to the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) for a "photo opportunity" and to politicise the issue further.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday extended support to the students of the prestigious Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), who are protesting against appointment of Gajendra Chauhan.
Maharashtra government is working on a proposal to make the state an "educational hub" by encouraging setting up of private universities.
The Janata Dal United (JDU) on Friday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has intentionally damaged the reputation of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) and added that his party supports the students' protest against the appointment of Gajendra Chauhan as institution’s head.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday visited the Pune-based Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in support of the students' agitation there against the appointment of Gajendra Chauhan as its head.
Maharashtra government has decided to conduct an inquiry into the use of drones supplied by private firms in Mumbai.
The death warrant of 1993 serial blasts convict Yakub Memon was executed after completing necessary judicial procedures and he had exhausted all available legal and constitutional remedies, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis told the Assembly on Thursday.
Bowing to the Opposition's pressure, the Maharashtra government today agreed to constitute a three-member committee under Chief Secretary to inquire into procurements done in the last 15 years by various departments.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Osama bin Laden's stepmother, sister killed in UK plane crash
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report