The Government of India on Monday evening inked a historic peace accord with Naga militant group NSCN(I-M).
North East News
The Left Front government has decided to set up a state university in Tripura and this will be taken up in the monsoon session of the assembly beginning on Friday, a minister said here on Monday.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) are preparing their teams to carry out rescue operations in Manipur where heavy rains have triggered landslides and claimed 21 lives.
The Centre on Saturday directed NDRF to move forces to Manipur immediately for rescue and relief operations in landslide-affected areas where at least 20 people have lost their lives.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday urged President Pranab Mukherjee to dismiss Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy for spreading "communal hatred".
Even as the Budget Session of the Nagaland Assembly is on, the Congress leadership in the capital is all set to take action "very soon" against all its eight MLAs who have joined the state`s Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) coalition government of which the BJP is a part.
Tripura Minister for Law Tapan Chakraborty has for the second time requested the Tripura High Court not to transfer state Law secretary Datamohan Jamatiya.
A day after Yakub Memon was hanged to death in Nagpur Central Jail, Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy on Friday created a controversy by dubbing those present at the funeral of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict as “potential terrorists”.
The Meghalaya government today decided to constitute an entity of all political parties in the state to try to resolve the age-old boundary dispute through a mutually acceptable solution.
Paying rich tributes to `Missile Man` A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Wednesday said his state plans to annually commemorate the death anniversary of the great scientist to promote his ideals.
The work on Bogibeel bridge over the river Brahmaputra is progressing satisfactorily with the first train of 10 girders commenced its journey from the South bank towards the North bank across the river on July 25.
Meghalaya government on Wednesday paid rich tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who died during his visit here two days ago and announced that his death anniversary would be dedicated to the youth every year as a mark of tribute to him.
The Nagaland Pradesh Youth Congress (NPYC) on Wednesday demanded cancellation of appointment of police personnel allegedly without conducting interview from 2013 till date in the state.
Manipur government on Tuesday announced a seven-day state mourning in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Tuesday condoled the death of former president A P J Abdul Kalam and said his death is an irreparable loss to the nation.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Tuesday condoled the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, saying he had "intimately" connected himself with the country's development and welfare.
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Tuesday condoled the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam.
A 38-hour bandh beginning from 5 am tomorrow has been called in Manipur protesting against the state government's failure to punish those behind the killing of a student during the July 8 agitation for implementation of the Inner Line Permit Systerm in the state.
A woman was burnt to death at Sangau village in Mizoram's Lawngtlai district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the country`s northeast cannot be developed from Delhi and that he was deputing central government officials to the region.
The Nagaland government's conduct in not granting sanction to prosecute five officers, including a then Minister of State, in a graft case has been "deprecated" by a special court which observed that states try to "shield" higher officials involved in such illegal acts.
Five members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) youth wing were injured in clashes with the activists of Student Federation of India (SFI) in Tripura's Dharmanagar area.
Isak Chisi Swu, co-founder of the northeast-based militant group National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak-Muivah (NSCN-IM), is admitted to a city hospital and undergoing treatment for the past two weeks, doctors said on Thursday.
The Gauhati High Court on Thursday granted interim bail to the five accused in the alleged teacher recruitment scam.
Security forces have averted major terror strikes in four northeastern states planned jointly by militant outfits NSCN-K and ULFA-I, an official said on Wednesday.
Naga insurgent group NSCN-K has stationed small groups of its cadres at various strategic locations in Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
DoNER Minister Jitendra Singh on Tuesday urged resident commissioners of the northeastern states to play a proactive role in coordinating, liasoning and expediting various development projects in their states.
A judicial inquiry would be conducted to probe the death of a student during the agitation in Greater Imphal area for implementation of Inner Line Permit System, Manipur Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam said on Tuesday.
Two policemen were injured and two vehicles damaged in a clash between policemen and BJP workers during a dharna by the party at Naharlagun near here on Tuesday, police said.
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Upset' Shashi Tharoor writes to Sonia Gandhi, says my 'sincere' services to party not appreciated
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move