Union minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday said a majority of people from the northeast were not aware of government initiatives for them.
North East News
Former Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio on Tuesday said that even though the historic Naga accord was signed between the Indian government and the NSCN-IM, both sides were yet to take a decision on demands like the right to retain weapons in areas of the northeast where the insurgent group has its presence.
Internet connectivity failure has led to a transport fuel crisis in Tripura for the past five days, forcing the state government to seek intervention of Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
The Centre and the NSCN-IM have laid a framework that will usher in peace in the Northeast, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said here on Tuesday.
The rescue operation by the 20-member team of the National Disaster Response Force at landslide-hit Zoumol village in Manipur's Chandel district has been suspended, an official of the state Relief and Disaster Management said on Tuesday.
The Central Executive Council of Naga People's Front has decided to revoke the suspension order against eight of its dissident MLAs.
Nagaland Governor Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya on Tuesday allayed fears of neighbouring states and said boundary of Nagaland is unlikely to be redrawn after the signing of peace accord between the Centre and NSCN(IM).
Missing Pawan Hans chopper which went missing after taking off from Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh has been sighted in in dense forests.
There is no plan to reduce the deployment of central security forces in the northeast, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said on Tuesday.
Imphal: A jawan of the 8th Manipur Rifles was shot dead by unidentified gunmen near Palel area in Chandel district, police officials said today.
A helicopter of state-run Pawan Hans with three persons on board including a senior police officer on Tuesday went missing after taking off from Dibrugarh for Khonsa district in Arunachal Pradesh.
A city-based rights group on Tuesday wrote to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking the removal of Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy over his tweets on 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon.
Work on 12 new railway lines with a total length of 1,248 km is being taken up in the northeast, an official statement said on Tuesday.
The signing of the peace accord between the central government and the NSCN-IM will encourage other militant outfits to begin peace talks with the government, a former terrorist-turned-politician said here on Tuesday.
Former Mizoram chief minister Zoramthanga, who brokered the peace deal between the Centre and the NSCN(IM), Tuesday expressed happiness over the signing of the historic Naga Peace Accord.
A day after the Central government and the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Isak-Muivah) signed a historic peace deal to bring to end one of India's oldest insurgencies, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to reveal the details of the accord in Parliament on Tuesday.
The apex civil societies in Nagaland welcomed the signing of the 'historic peace accord' between the government of India and NSCN-IM on Monday.
Nagaland Chief minister TR Zeliang and the lone member of Parliament from the state Neiphiu Rio has welcomed the signing of the peace accord between the government of India and NSCN(IM).
The details of the historic peace accord signed on Monday between the government and the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-IM will be made public soon, a top official from the Prime Minister's Office said.
Welcoming the signing of the peace accord between the Government of India and the NSCN, former Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio on Monday said he hoped that it becomes an 'honourable settlement' acceptable to the people.
In a bid to end insurgency in the northeastern state of Nagaland, the Government of India on Monday inked a historic peace accord with Naga militant group NSCN(IM).
The Left Front government has decided to set up a state university in Tripura and this will be taken up in the monsoon session of the assembly beginning on Friday, a minister said here on Monday.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) are preparing their teams to carry out rescue operations in Manipur where heavy rains have triggered landslides and claimed 21 lives.
The Centre on Saturday directed NDRF to move forces to Manipur immediately for rescue and relief operations in landslide-affected areas where at least 20 people have lost their lives.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday urged President Pranab Mukherjee to dismiss Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy for spreading "communal hatred".
Even as the Budget Session of the Nagaland Assembly is on, the Congress leadership in the capital is all set to take action "very soon" against all its eight MLAs who have joined the state`s Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) coalition government of which the BJP is a part.
Tripura Minister for Law Tapan Chakraborty has for the second time requested the Tripura High Court not to transfer state Law secretary Datamohan Jamatiya.
A day after Yakub Memon was hanged to death in Nagpur Central Jail, Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy on Friday created a controversy by dubbing those present at the funeral of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict as “potential terrorists”.
The Meghalaya government today decided to constitute an entity of all political parties in the state to try to resolve the age-old boundary dispute through a mutually acceptable solution.
Paying rich tributes to `Missile Man` A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Wednesday said his state plans to annually commemorate the death anniversary of the great scientist to promote his ideals.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- Parliament logjam continues as Opposition creates uproar
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Heavy overnight firing by Pakistan troops in Jammu, BSF retaliates
- ‘Busy’ Salman Khan makes Anees Bazmee wait for 'No Entry' sequel
- Can you eat rice like a South Indian? - Watch
- Delhi Police's new weapon – Taser guns
- Parliament logjam: No breakthrough in all-party meeting