The agitating Nagaland Staff Nurse Association (NSNA) on Wednesday turned down the proposal of the government for amendment of the existing Nagaland Nursing Service Rule 1988 and decided to further extend their mass casual leave for another three days.
North East News
As the agitation of nurses entered the second day on Tuesday in Nagaland, the Directorate of Health and Family Welfare said it was working towards amending the Nurse's Service Rule of 1988 to accommodate their demands.
Assam government Forest department officials allegedly set up a beat office at Rashaso in Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh on Sunday triggering protests by the latter, an official said on Tuesday.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today took stock of the damages caused by the incessant rain in the capital city for the past several weeks.
The ruling Congress on Tuesday won the by-election in Meghalaya's Chokpot Assembly constituency.
The ruling CPI(M) won both the Pratapgarh (SC) and Surma (SC) Assembly seats by a huge margin in Tripura where bye-elections were held.
Arunachal Pradesh Assembly Speaker Nabam Rebia on Monday alleged that the Assam government has started construction of a beat house at Ragaso village in Papum Pare district of Arunachal.
The Nagaland Staff Nurse Association (NSNA) and Nursing Sisters without Degree and Diploma went on a three-day mass casual leave from Monday to press for their demands.
Mizoram government officials reached Hampsapara relief camp in North Tripura district to conduct verification of bonafide residents of states among the Brus lodged in the camp from Monday, a state home department official said.
The process of laying 15.054 km long railway tracks to connect Agartala with Akhaura in Bangladesh will be completed by 2017.
At least two armed militants were on Sunday killed in a gun battle with security forces in Meghalaya's North Garo Hills district while four others were arrested with 144 gelatine sticks and 126 detonators in another district in two separate incidents.
A Tripura youth has been arrested for posting nude photographs of his former girlfriend on Facebook after she rejected him, police said here on Sunday.
Four militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB-S) of Assam and an explosive supplier were arrested with 144 gelatine sticks and 126 detonators in East Jaintia Hills district early on Sunday.
Two Achik Matgrik Elite Force (AMEF) militants were killed in a joint operation by the Indian Army and Meghalaya Police in the North Garo Hills district on Sunday.
An earthquake measure 5.6 on the Richter scale struck Assam on Sunday morning.
A man and his daughter were killed while two other family members injured in a grenade blast at a warehouse in a hospital campus in Nagaland`s commercial hub Dimapur on Saturday evening, police said.
Over 80 percent votes were cast in the bypoll in Chokpot Assembly constituency in Meghalaya's South Garo Hills district on Saturday amid tight security.
Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda on Saturday assured of taking up the issue of granting autonomy to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science (NEIGRIHMS) here, with the Centre.
Over 80 percent turnout was recorded on Saturday during voting for by-election to two reserved seats in Tripura passed.
The stage is set for by-election to two schedule caste reserved seats in Tripura Saturday with all major political parties of the state contesting the polls.
An improvised explosive device (IED) exploded on Friday near the Raj Bhavan here but there was no report of any casualty, a senior police officer said.
Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students federation has objected to the proposed inclusion of yoga in the education system.
Leader of Opposition in Tripura Assembly, Sudip Roy Burman Thursday demanded dismissal of a ruling CPI-M MLA for furnishing untrue information regarding his educational qualification in affidavits.
Congress on Wednesday alleged that the Modi government was attempting to destabilise the party's governments in the northeast with Union minister Kiren Rijiju "involved" in the exercise which is being "directly monitored" by BJP chief Amit Shah.
Nagaland Governor PB Acharya has condoled the death of Sister Nirmala, former head of Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa in Kolkata.
Atleast six persons of a family were taken ill after eating wild mushroom in North-Eastern area Mizoram's Keifang village and were admitted to the Primary Health Centre (PHC) in nearby Saitual village yesterday.
Tripura health department organised an awareness camp in association with some NGOs and others stakeholders to help combat monsoon related diseases like malaria and diarrhea.
Unidentified persons allegedly kept a hand grenade in the residence of vice-president of the BJP's Manipur unit Manoharmayum Boris Sharma in Imphal East district, the police said on Tuesday.
A group 38 Indian pilgrims accompanied by five support staff on Monday crossed over into China through the Nathu La Pass from Sikkim as part of the ongoing Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
A woman was arrested for possessing 36 grams of heroin from Khudengthabi check post by Assam Rifles personnel during firsking and checking in Chandel district of Manipur, a defence release said on Monday.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP's national training workshop