Nagaland Chief Minister, TR Zeliang on Friday inducted five more advisors with Cabinet status into his one-year old NPF-led DAN ministry.
North East News
Blaming the Congress-led UPA government's "misgovernance, mistreatment and neglect" for the rise of insurgency in the north-east, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Friday appealed to the youth to shun violence and come back to the mainstream.
The condition of the arrested Bangladesh Nationalist Party leader Salahuddin Ahmed is stable and he will be shifted to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) here for better treatment.
Amidst controversy over his Hindutva ideology, BJP leader Tathagata Roy took charge as the 16th governor of Left-ruled Tripura on Wednesday.
Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganthan was on Wednesday sworn-in as the Governor of Meghalaya at the Raj Bhavan here.
Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganthan will be sworn-in as the new Governor of Meghalaya on Wednesday.
The family members of a Manipur police sub-inspector, who was allegedly assaulted by the escort personnel of state assembly Speaker Th Lokeshwar, met Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju and submitted a memorandum to him demanding action.
Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganthan will be sworn-in as the new Governor of Meghalaya tomorrow, officials said Tuesday.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar has appealed to insurgents to shun arms and join mainstream society while assuring his government's help to those choosing to lead a normal life over violence.
A Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter jet of the Indian Air Force crashed in Nagaon district of Assam on Tuesday afternoon. Luckily, both the pilots managed to survive.
Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta was sworn-in as the Chairperson of 'Lokayukta' in Sikkim.
Arrested Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) spokesperson Salahuddin Ahmed's wife said her husband required to be taken to a "third country" for better treatment.
In a blow to the Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC), a civil court here has put a stay on the expulsion order of former Arunachal Pradesh Finance Minister Kalikho Pul from the party.
The state government today said provisions of the of Meghalaya Maintenance of Public Order (Amendment) Act will be invoked against leaders of an organization who have called a two-day shutdown in the Garo Hills region demanding early elections in the Garo Hilla Autonomous District Council.
The Congress party has opposed the move by the Centre to withdraw the special category status of the North East states, alleging that such a move may hamper the region`s development.
Following pressure from the union home ministry and the Tripura government, Mizoram has finally agreed to take back all the tribal refugees sheltering in Tripura for the past 18 years.
Lt Gen (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, who was appointed as Governor of Mizoram, was unlikely to occupy the Raj Bhavan in Aizawl before May 20, state protocol officer David L Pachuau said on Saturday.
Dr Syed Ahmad was sworn in as the Governor of Manipur at the Raj Bhavan here on Saturday.
Former Congress leader and author Syed Ahmed on Saturday took charge as the 16th governor of Manipur.
Decks have been cleared for resumption of repatriation of the Brus from the six relief camps in North Tripura district following a meeting between Mizoram and Tripura government officials, a senior official said on Saturday.
The Agartala-Dhaka bus service resumed on Friday after five months of suspension due to political turmoil in Bangladesh, officials said.
Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to enhance the contribution to consolidated sinking fund and enlarge the coverage of the sinking fund for following committed liabilities, old and new pension schemes, final withdrawal from GPF, invocation of state guarantees, repayment of high cost loans.
Despite funds crunch, the Arunachal Pradesh Hydro Power Department has restored five mini hydro projects in various parts of the state.
Residents of Chandannagar village in Tripura's Dhalai District have expressed happiness over Parliament passing the India-Bangladesh Land Boundary Agreement (LBA).
In yet another incident of abuse of power, a sub-inspector was beaten up by a police escort team of Manipur Speaker Th Lokeshwar Singh.
Tremors were experienced in Sikkim on Tuesday after a strong earthquake measuring 7.3 on Richter scale epicentered in Nepal shook several states in North and East India.
Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) leader Salahuddin Ahmed was arrested here for being in the country without valid travel documents, police said on Tuesday.
A strong quake rocked the entire northeastern and eastern India and adjoining countries on Tuesday, a meteorology department official said.
The Meghalaya cabinet on Monday approved an ordinance to empower traditional village bodies in the absence of a legislative measure following the High Court ruling which had struck down powers of the village chiefs.
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'