Alleging irregularities in preparations for Lord Jagannath's Nabakalebar festival, BJP on Friday asked the Odisha government to make public details of funds provided and expenditure made on different works.
Odisha Police on Thursday began its probe into the circulation of photographs of Lord Jagannath's secret ritual like 'Brahma Paribartan' and burial of old idols of the deities of Puri temple during the Nabakalebara festival in the social media.
Bus fare in Odisha has been reduced by one paisa to two paise under automatic fare revision mechanism following the fall of diesel price by 71 paise per litre recently.
Opposition BJP today demanded discussion in the assembly on alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, charging that the district in charge Minister was "shielding those involved."
A six-year-old girl faced a three-hour horrifying ordeal after teachers of a government-run upper primary school left her all alone inside a classroom by locking up the building.
Six persons were arrested for alleged involvement in killing of a 50-year-old man suspecting him to be practising sorcery at Dhepaguda in Patapur area of Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Thursday.
Maoists killed a tribal man suspecting him to be a police informer at Chintamchilika area here as the rebels began a 'protest week' on Thursday demanding halt to anti-Naxal operations by security forces.
Odisha Police on Tuesday constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the circulation of fake photographs of Lord Jagannath's secret 'Brahma Parivartan' rituals on social media.
Hitting out at the BJD Government in Odisha for the deviation in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual, BJP today launched a state-wide 'Jagannath Sanskruti Suraksha Yatra' here to demand a judicial probe into the lapses and make people aware of it.
The Odisha government on Monday posted a senior IPS officer on special duty to probe the alleged mismanagement in Nabakalebar festival, while the temple administration urged the Crime Branch to take forward the investigation concerning leak of secret ritual pictures on social media.
With Lord Jagannath's 'Nabakalebara' festival hitting hurdles due to controversies, Odisha government on Monday entrusted additional charge with the IG, (Operations), Soumendra Kumar Priyadarshi, as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) for the fete.
At lease 30 infants were down with an unknown disease in a remote village in Odisha's Malkangiri district, doctors said on Monday.
Brown sugar worth Rs 50 lakh in the international market has been recovered from a man in Odisha's Balasore district.
Two minor girls from Odisha were allegedly sold by their parents to two persons in Madhya Pradesh, following which a police team has been sent to the state to trace the girls.
The Congress on Sunday questioned Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's 'silence' over the alleged mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual and said the truth can be unravelled only by a judicial investigation.
The body of a 55-year-old police constable was recovered from the roadside at Bhanjanagar in Ganjam district, police said on Sunday.
With the Pawan Hans Limited agreeing to begin commercial chopper service between the state capital and Paradip, the Odisha government on Saturday asked the authorities of Paradip Port Trust (PPT) and IOCL to consider some of the requirements of the helicopter company.
Former deputy director of mines in Odisha, at present under suspension, was on Saturday arrested by the anti-corruption vigilance wing in connection with a multi-crore Uliburu mining scam.
A First Information Report (FIR) was filed against Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Vigilance Director KB Singh on Saturday for falsely implicating former DGP Prakash Mishra in a financial irregularities case.
Normal life was affected across Odisha on Friday due to a dawn-to-dusk bandh called by Congress protesting alleged mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Brahma Parivartan rituals and demanding a judicial probe into the episode.
As the public anger against the Odisha government for mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual further intensified, the temple priests of Puri on Thursday appealed to people to forget and forgive them even as the stage is set for a state-wide bandh tomorrow followed by a series of agitations in next seven days.
Security was tightened in Bhubaneswar and about 40 Youth Congress workers were taken into custody by the police on Thursday ahead of the 12-hour Odisha bandh called by Congress on Friday.
Questioning Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's silence over mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Nabakalebara festival, the BJP today announced a week-long agitation from June 30 and sought a judicial probe into the matter.
Three people are suspected to have died of anthrax in Odisha`s Koraput district after consuming meat.
Odisha government has set the target to become a total Open Defecation Free (ODF) and asked all District Collectors today to work to achieve the goal between December, 2016 and December, 2017.
Accusing BJD government of failing to act against those responsible for mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Brahma Paribartan, the Congress on Wednesday called for Odisha bandh on June 26.
Normal life was affected here today following a dawn-to-dusk bandh called by lawyers protesting alleged mismanagement during Lord Jagannath's Brahma Parivartan rituals and demanding a judicial probe into the matter by a sitting High Court judge.
Supported by BJP Odisha unit, Bar Association of Puri called for a 12-hour bandh in the holy town tomorrow protesting against the mismanagement of Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual on June 15 while the powerful body of temple servitors, Daitapati Nijog, on Tuesday tendered an apology for the "blunder."
Three states of Goa, Odisha and Jharkhand have not submitted the latest action taken reports on steps taken to curb illegal mining even after a high level panel raised the issue in September last year.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday directed the Information and Public Relations Department to make a new advertisement policy for the electronic and print media.
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Teaser of Bhandarkar's much awaited 'Calendar Girls' unveiled!
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @10 am
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Opposition slams AAP govt for setting aside Rs 526 cr for advertisements
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best