Sukhdev and his wife Rukmini were active for over a decade and decided to give up arms after they realised that the Maoists were harassing tribals and poor people.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday hit out at the BJP over the derogatory remarks against BSP chief Mayawati saying that it shows its "anti-Dalit" stand.
Dogs are considered to be the best friends of humans and the saying was yet again proved in Odisha's Gajapati district.
People belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) under the banner of Ganjam District Dalit Samanwaya Samiti have launched a stir in Ganjam district demanding protection from alleged atrocities.
Describing the Kandhamal tragedy as a grim chapter involving killing of helpless and innocent people, the BJP delegation alleged that Naveen Patnaik government was not at all serious about the incident.
The clash between Congress workers and police personnel took place when demonstrators protesting against the Kandhamal incident of July 8 were prevented from entering the high security office premises.
The woman identified as Baijayanti Mahali, wife of a Junior Engineer of Bamra Block, Durga Charan Mahali, allegedly drowned her 4-year-old and 2-month-old daughters in the water tank of their government quarter this evening.
Chairman of National Commission for Scheduled Tribes rejected the police version that the villagers were caught in the crossfire.
While Odisha Congress chief Prasad Harichandan has already visited the village, state BJP President Basant Panda and a delegation of the ruling BJD headed by Transport Minister Ramesh Majhi Tuesday met the bereaved family.
BJP President Amit Shah on Tuesday constituted a committee of three MPs to look into the killing of five tribals in Kandhamal as the party rejected the Odisha police' claim that they were killed in a crossfire involving Maoists and demanded a probe by a High Court judge.
The shutdown called by the opposition parties-the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress-in Odisha`s Kandhamal district to protest against the killing of five tribals has been called off.
Odisha Human Rights Commission (OHRC) on Monday served notices to senior state government and top police officers.
Budhia has not returned to sports hostel after summer vacation last month.
While Rath Yatra was celebrated in Lord Jagannath temples across Odisha and also outside on Wednesday, the grandeur of the festival went missing at a 300-year-old temple in Ganjam's Marada.
State Institute Of Open School Examination result/SIOS exam results 2016 were declared by the Board Of Secondary Education, Odisha, on Friday (July 08, 2016).
The Board Of Secondary Education, Odisha, will on Friday (July 08, 2016) declare State Institute Of Open School Examination result/SIOS exam results 2016.
"We will take class for one extra hour every day for the next two months while the second Saturday will be a working day to compensate for the loss of school hours during the pre-summer vacation this year," said Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Berhampur, A K Mishra.
An estimated 9 lakh devotees witnessed the world famous 'Rath Yatra' of Lord Jagannath on Wednesday with religious fervour, enthusiasm and a spirit of camaraderie amid tight security.
The Gajapati king of Puri Divya Singha Deva on Wednesday performed "Chhera Pahanra", a ritual of sweeping the chariots before they were pulled by scores of devotees of Lord Jagannath.
The annual Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath and his siblings starts here on Wednesday with the district administration expecting about 10 lakh people to take part in the nine-day chariot festival.
A force of 18,000 security personnel will be deployed in Ahmedabad to guard the annual Lord Jagannath rath yatra, which will be taken out on Wednesday.
The newly-developed surface-to-air missile Barak-8 was test-fired from the ITR at Chandipur, about 15 km from Balasore, Odisha.
With the weather department predicting surplus rainfall this year, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday asked the administration to be fully prepared to tackle floods.
"It is the government's responsibility to reach out to the affected people and provide due assistance at the earliest in the event of flood", the Chief Minister said.
Amid slogan shouting, BJP workers held demonstration in all the blocks of the state alleging that the attack on the convoy of Union Ministers Santosh Gangwar and Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti on June 24 was 'pre-planned' and it was perpetrated at the 'behest of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik'.
A huge cache of explosives hidden by Maoists under a culvert was seized by BSF personnel from Boipariguda area of Odisha's Koraput district, officials said today.
Nitish Kumar led party follows Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal in criticising BJP and Modi for India's failure to gain permanent member status of NSG
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday claimed the attack on the convoy of two Union ministers in Odisha's Bargarh on Friday was a "panic reaction" of the ruling BJD.
Several Biju Janata Dal (BJD) workers on Friday pelted stones at Union Minister of State for Textiles Santosh Gangwar's car in Bargarh.
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- PM Modi offers prayer at Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Dayashankar's wife accuses BSP of abusing her family
- PM addresses rally in Gorakhpur, lays foundation stone for AIIMS, fertilizer unit
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance worth $91 billion
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too
- Kotak Mahindra Bank posts 4-fold jump in net profit in Q1
- Sri Lanka tries new blood against Australia
- Pak wants UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot