Odisha Police rescued at least 515 missing children in January as part of its 'Operation Smile-II' programme, a top official said on Monday.
Just before a police raid took place at a hotel in Bhubaneshwar on Tuesday, four foreign nationals, suspected to be terrorists managed to escape from there.
At least nine persons, including two women and a child, were on Monday killed when a coal laden truck rammed into a van near Chainpal square here on the National Highway 149, police said.
A 15-day-old girl child, who was branded with hot iron roads allegedly by a 'dishari' (witch doctor) to "cure" her, on Monday died at Nabarangpur District Headquarters Hospital (DHH).
Self-styled Kalinganagar divisional committee secretary Susil Lingo and his wife Sony were killed in the gunfight with the Special Operations Group and Odisha Police.
The rape of a nine-year-old girl in Khurda district of Odisha on Wednesday has led to widespread public outcry and prompted the state government to announce financial and medical assistance for the victim and her family.
The state government's action came in response to a statewide outcry over the alleged bid of the ISKCON to build the second Jagannath Temple at Puri.
A powerful improvised explosive device (IED) planted by suspected Maoists was found in Odisha's Gajapati district, police said today.
The 54-year-old legislator from Nuapada replaces Kanak Vardhan Singhdeo.
Airline's flight AI-75 was scheduled to depart for Bhubaneswar at 1100 hours this morning.
Modi acted like ventilator and CBI as oxygen cylinder, Naveen Patnaik happened to be the patient as the CBI probe in chitfund scam slowed down, Congress leader Jairam Ramesh said.
Acharjee was asked to come to Amarpur police station in Gomati district and was arrested following questioning.
A BSF officer and a jawan were killed in a landmine blast carried out by Naxals when they were out on a bike patrol in the jungles of Koraput district of Odisha on Friday.
Terming Left Wing Extremism as a major cause of concern for Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday said recent activities of Maoists in four districts was worrisome and needed to be handled effectively.
Abdul Rehman, who is said to be a member of Al Qaeda in India Subcontinent (AQIS), had allegedly visited the Odisha secretariat on October 7.
A pall of gloom descended over the sleepy Deultarapatana village in Odisha's Kendrapara district at the news of the death of Kishore Rout, a local youth and one of the BSF personnel killed in the aircrash in Delhi.
Failure on all fronts forced the BJP to fall back on the Ram Mandir issue, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Mohd Azam Khan said on Tuesday.
The Justice AS Naidu Commission of Inquiry, set up by the Odisha government to probe the 2008 Kandhamal riots, presented its report to the state government on Tuesday.
Justice AS Naidu Commission probing the 2008 ethno-communal riot in Odisha's Kandhamal district in which at least 38 people were killed, on Tuesday submitted its report to the state government.
A 32-year-old Odisha government gazetted officer on Monday made public her transgender identity.
The house committee of Odisha assembly intends to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The suspected al Qaeda terrorist Abdur Rahman was asked to recruit youths to work for terror organisations.
Police have seized all bank accounts of the cleric, who is currently on a 12-day remand of Delhi police following his arrest from his residence in Cuttack.
"Delhi Police investigation revealed the link of Abdul Rehman with Kafeel Ahmed, a Bengaluru-based techie who succumbed to burn injuries in a failed car bomb attack at Glasgow airport in Scotland," Police Commissioner RP Sharma told media persons.
A suspected al Qaeda terrorist, Abdul Rehman, has been arrested from a village in Odisha`s Cuttack district, police said on Wednesday.
Four months after the arrest of Sarathi Baba alias Santosh Raoul, the crime branch
A day after a local channel caught him on camera while watching porn video indside the Assembly building, Odisha Congress MLA Nabakishore Das was on Tuesday suspended by the Speaker.
A Congress legislator was on Monday caught on camera while allegedly watching an obscene video clip on his mobile phone in the Odisha Assembly. The legislator has denied the allegation.
Odisha Government Friday requested the Centre to ask NABARD for a loan of Rs 1,300 crore to help farmers.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- Exclusive: International Fleet Review begins in Visakhapatnam
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- Watch: CCTV footage of car ramming into bike in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics
- Gandhi family disrupting Parliament to avenge 2014 poll defeat: PM Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif or Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif?
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!
- How to remove shells from boiled eggs – Here’s an easy trick
- Sanam Teri Kasam movie review: Intense and emotional
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!