Four persons were killed and 36 injured when a bus fell off a bridge in Odisha's Angul district on Tuesday.
Malkangiri served as a major transit belt of the Naxals.
The fire in the SUM Hospital has claimed 27 lives so far.
The bodies of 24 Maoists, including that of some women, were recovered from the site after a joint operation, police said.
The Naxals were neutralised in a joint operation by the Odisha Police and their counterparts from Andhra Pradesh.
A depression over east-central Bay of Bengal moved east-north-eastwards, intensified into a deep depression today and lay centered over Bay of Bengal.
The death toll in Odisha`s SUM Hospital fire has mounted to 26, as a person undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospital here succumbed to injuries on Saturday, a health official said.
His resignation came after Union Health Minister J P Nadda pointed out faults in the safety measures at the Sum Hospital.
Odisha has seen terrible human-animal conflict in the last six years, resulting in the deaths of 454 people and 2,261 animals, including 388 elephants, a Forest Department report said.
On Friday, the death toll in the deadly SUM hospital inferno has risen to 24.Earlier, Manoj Naik, owner of Bhubaneswar`s SUM Hospital was arrested by the state police on Thursday morning.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said that those found to be guilty in the SUM hospital fire mishap case won't be spared.
A day after the Odisha Police issued a Look Out notice against Manoj Nayak and his wife Saswati Das, SUM Hospital founder on Thursday surrendered.
The SUM Hospital here, where a devastating blaze on Monday claimed 21 lives, was running without fire safety clearance, Union Health Minister JP Nadda said on Wednesday, even as the police issued a 'Lookout Circular' against two members of the trust that runs the facility.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday sanctioned an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of those killed in the Odisha hospital fire.
Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar-Cuttack on Wednesday issued a 'Look Out Circular' against two senior members of Sikshya O Anusandhan Charitable Trust which runs the hospital.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda on Wednesday inspected the SUM hospital where a massive fire mishap had claimed the lives of at least 20 people on Monday.
Most of the deaths in the four-storey Sum hospital took place due to suffocation and asphyxiation.
The authorities of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, which runs the Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital, on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the victims' families.
The death toll in the Bhubaneswar's Sum Hospital fire has risen to 24.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has ordered a RDC-level probe into a fire that broke out at SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday evening.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda said that the Central Government was ready to extend any help required to tackle the fire incident that killed at least 22 persons at a private hospital in Bhubaneshwar.
More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
At least 17 patients died in a fire that broke out at the Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Massive fire breaks out in Odisha hospital.
With the death of two more children, the toll due to Japanese Encephalitis (JE) on Saturday went up to 53 in over a month in tribal-dominated Malkangiri district of Odisha.
Former Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju later apologised on Facebook for his remarks.
In an act of bravery, a group of karate-trained girls in the city thrashed five eve teasers and handed them over to the police recently.
Three more persons died of Japanese Encephalitis virus on Wednesday in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, taking the death toll to 48.
The death toll due to Japanese Encephalitis has reached 38 in Odisha's Malkangiri district while the disease continues to spread its tentacles to other districts.
Sishir Gamang, son of former Odisha Chief Minister Giridhar Gamang, on Saturday charged his wife with harassment, torture of their minor son and an extramarital affair.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Today in History | October 25, 2016
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- LIVE Cricket Score: India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI – Rohit fails once again
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Reliance Jio 4G Welcome Offer likely to be extended till March 2017