The Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has approved the proposal in this regard.
The Vedanta Group, which has set up a 1 MTPA refinery at Lanjigarh in Odisha's Kalahandi district, had earlier initiated process for gradual closure of the plant due to shortage of raw material.
Only five of the total 30 districts in Odisa were not in the list of districts hit by the drought this time.
The Berhampur Circle Jail was opened to public to pay tribute to freedom fighter Laxman Nayak.
Poet Jayanta Mahapatra said in his letter to the President that he would feel ethically impugned if he did not raise his voice in dissent against the “growing moral asymmetry”.
The white paper also asked the BJD government to convene an all-party meeting for tackling farmers issues.
Odisha land record and settlement commissioner court ordered restoration 88 acres of government land.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday urged union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to reduce the interest rate on medium term (conversion) loans for farmers facing drought situation in the state.
BJP state unit president K V Singhdeo accused the ruling BJD of holding farmers' rally at Sohela in drought-hit Bargarh.
In the backdrop of a drought situation and farmers' alleged suicide incidents in the state, Odisha government today appointed a new Agriculture Secretary and a Special Relief Commissioner in a major bureaucratic reshuffle.
The Government Railway Police today arrested a person, who hails from Tamil Nadu, in connection with yesterday's fire at three express trains at Puri Railway Station.
The Supreme Court has ordered a stay on admissions in 100 medical seats in Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital, Rourkela, and 50 seats in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
A deep depression over the Bay of Bengal is likely to trigger rain or thundershower coupled with gusty surface winds in some parts of Odisha.
Nuclear-capable strategic ballistic missile Agni-IV was fired from a test range off the Odisha coast as part of a user trial by the armed forces.
Four persons were killed and 15 others injured when a minibus overturned at Bada Kharida in Odisha's Ganjam district.
Ten fishermen have been taken into custody by the Bhitarkanika National Park authorities in Odisha for illegal fishing activity in the core area of the Park, posing a danger to estuarine crocodiles and aquatic species.
A gun-making unit of the Maoists was busted and some weapons were seized by BSF personnel during an operation in Odisha's Koraput district, officials said on Tuesday.
The NHRC has sought a report from the Indian Coast Guard and the Odisha government over discontinuation of sea patrolling along the Odisha coast in the Bay of Bengal.
Attempting to reach global standards in the disaster management, the Odisha government today said it will use space technology for tackling calamities in the state.
At least 7 people, including a woman, were killed and 5 others critically injured when a truck hit a mini-truck and a bus near Randha in Ganjam district on Thursday.
Shiny and sparkly cowries shells have come to the centre-stage to add colour to the festive Laxmi puja in Odisha.
Odisha this monsoon received 14 per cent deficit rainfall leading to a drought situation.
A woman was electrocuted when a live wire fell on her at a village road in Ganjam district, after which angry villagers locked two employees of the power distribution company.
Railway officials in Odisha were on Tuesday questioned by a CBI team in connection with the mysterious death of Bijaya Bahadur Singh who served as an observer in some VYAPAM recruitment tests in Madhya Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday greeted Odisha Chief Minister and BJD leader Naveen Patnaik on his birthday and said he prayed for his long and healthy life.
At least 11 students, including nine girls, were injured when a gas-filled balloon exploded near Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's residence here when they were on way to wish him on his birthday on Friday.
Maoists gunned down two tribal men at a village in Malkangiri district suspecting them to be police informers, barely 12 days after killing a tribal in the Naxal-hit district, police said on Thursday.
Five persons have been sentenced to life term for the murder of a business an three years ago.
Odisha Revenue Minister Bijoyshree Routary on Wednesday said that 12 districts in the state are facing a drought-like situation and have suffered more than 33 percent crop loss.
Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram has written a letter to his Mines and Steel counterpart Narendra Singh Tomar, asking him to order a probe into an alleged case of illegal mining in the Koida mining area of Odisha's Sundergarh District.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF