The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Crime Branch of Odisha Police on Friday arrested the managing director of Sree Bhumi Construction, a Ponzi firm on charges of duping about Rs 50 crore from investors.
Heat wave conditions continued in interior Odisha with Bhawanipatna recording the highest temperature at 46.5 degree Celsius on Thursday, even as the death toll due to sun stroke increased to 12 with a fresh case being reported from Kendrapara district.
Dubbing the BJD government in Odisha as anti-poor, anti-farmer and inefficient, the BJP on Wednesday said it has no understanding with the BJD to get its support in the Rajya Sabha and slow down CBI probe into the chitfund scam in return.
With thousands of posts remaining vacant over the years in various state government departments, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has issued direction to expedite filling up of over 40,000 posts.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has greeted his Tamil Nadu counterpart J Jayalalithaa on her assuming office for the fifth time.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday launched a dedicated helpline number and a Facebook page to report allegations of corruption or give feedback to the vigilance department.
The Odisha government has decided to sell parts of the chariot of Lord Jagannath on which the idol of the lord was taken out in Puri last year for public `darshan` (audience) during the `Ratha yatra` chariot festival.
Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday urged political parties not to fall prey to the Congress's tactics of obstructing parliament functioning.
The death toll due to the scorching heat wave conditions in Odisha has reached 67.
The year-long impasse involving the Sri Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) and Shankaracharya of Puri Govardhan Peeth over climbing of chariots by the seer ended today with the former softening its stance and inviting the Shankaracharya for the purpose.
The Congress on Tuesday sought to know the reason behind cut in the allocation for different welfare schemes despite BJP-led NDA government's claim of having earned Rs 3 lakh crore from the auction of 29 coal blocks alone.
The intense heatwave continued unabated in Odisha on Tuesday with the highest temperature in the state being recorded at 47.6 degrees Celsius in Titlagarh town. The state government said four people have died due to sunstroke.
A major defence production unit has been proposed in Gopalpur, Odisha, which can have the Tata group as a partner along with the state and the central governments, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Tuesday.
In view of intense heatwave conditions, police authorities have changed the duty timings of traffic constables in this south Odisha town.
An intense heat wave continued to sweep most parts of Odisha on Monday with the industrial town of Angul recording the highest temperature in the state at 47 degrees Celsius, officials said.
The state run Central Electricity Supply Utility of Orissa (CESU) today announced load shedding for at least one hour a day in Bhubaneswar and some other districts even as the gruelling heat disrupted normal life in the state.
A minor girl was allegedly raped and murdered by unidentified men who poured acid on her face apparently to stall investigation at Sargipalli in Balangir district of Odisha, police said here on Sunday.
Irked over not being consulted by the administration for the ongoing Nabakalebar festival, Shankaracharya of Govardhan Peeth Nischalananda Saraswati on Saturday asked the Odisha government to stop interfering in the religious matter, particularly the rituals of the 12th Century shrine.
The ancient ritual of carrying wood 'Daru' for creating a new set of idols for the famed Lord Jagannath Temple ended in Bhubaneswar on Saturday.
Four persons, including three women, were arrested by Government Railway Police here for allegedly trafficking 15 minor girls to Andhra Pradesh with promise of jobs.
Noted sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik created a huge sand painting to welcome the sacred neem tree log for making of the new idol of Lord Jagannath for Nabakalebara festival at Puri on Friday.
Seeking two more battalions of BSF jawans, Odisha Police on Friday said it had decided to intensify the anti-Maoist operation in Koraput and Malkangiri districts.
Five women of West Bengal were arrested on the charge of snatching gold chains, mobile phones and wallets of devotees accompanying the cart carrying the sacred neem tree log for making of new idol of Lord Jagannath at Pipli, police said on Friday.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of the Odisha Police Crime Branch on Thursday arrested one of the directors of a ponzi firm on charges of duping investors, police said.
People in large parts of India experienced a searing hot day with heatwave-like conditions prevailing in many states and mercury settling above 40 degrees Celsius.
Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday issued a string of orders attaching assets to the tune of about Rs 485 crore of three mining companies and a chit fund firm in connection with its money laundering probes in Odisha.
With the IMD forecasting heat wave-like situation across Odisha for a week, the state Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) on Thursday put all the district collectors on alert and asked them to monitor the situation on a daily basis.
The Congress on Wednesday lashed out at the Narendra Modi-led central government and Naveen Patnaik-led Odisha government for failing to provide good governance in last one year.
Ahead of completing one year in the office during his fourth term as Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik has sought self-appraisal of his all ministers.
The heat wave-like conditions are likely to prevail over Odisha for a week with mercury level reaching around 44 degrees Celsius in some places, a senior IMD official said.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly