The Naxals in Odisha's Malkangiri district have announced a protest week against operation green hunt.
Odisha Police on Tuesday constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the circulation of fake photographs of Lord Jagannath's secret 'Brahma Parivartan' rituals on social media.
Hitting out at the BJD Government in Odisha for the deviation in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual, BJP today launched a state-wide 'Jagannath Sanskruti Suraksha Yatra' here to demand a judicial probe into the lapses and make people aware of it.
The Odisha government on Monday posted a senior IPS officer on special duty to probe the alleged mismanagement in Nabakalebar festival, while the temple administration urged the Crime Branch to take forward the investigation concerning leak of secret ritual pictures on social media.
With Lord Jagannath's 'Nabakalebara' festival hitting hurdles due to controversies, Odisha government on Monday entrusted additional charge with the IG, (Operations), Soumendra Kumar Priyadarshi, as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) for the fete.
At lease 30 infants were down with an unknown disease in a remote village in Odisha's Malkangiri district, doctors said on Monday.
Brown sugar worth Rs 50 lakh in the international market has been recovered from a man in Odisha's Balasore district.
Two minor girls from Odisha were allegedly sold by their parents to two persons in Madhya Pradesh, following which a police team has been sent to the state to trace the girls.
The Congress on Sunday questioned Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's 'silence' over the alleged mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual and said the truth can be unravelled only by a judicial investigation.
The body of a 55-year-old police constable was recovered from the roadside at Bhanjanagar in Ganjam district, police said on Sunday.
With the Pawan Hans Limited agreeing to begin commercial chopper service between the state capital and Paradip, the Odisha government on Saturday asked the authorities of Paradip Port Trust (PPT) and IOCL to consider some of the requirements of the helicopter company.
Former deputy director of mines in Odisha, at present under suspension, was on Saturday arrested by the anti-corruption vigilance wing in connection with a multi-crore Uliburu mining scam.
A First Information Report (FIR) was filed against Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Vigilance Director KB Singh on Saturday for falsely implicating former DGP Prakash Mishra in a financial irregularities case.
Normal life was affected across Odisha on Friday due to a dawn-to-dusk bandh called by Congress protesting alleged mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Brahma Parivartan rituals and demanding a judicial probe into the episode.
As the public anger against the Odisha government for mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual further intensified, the temple priests of Puri on Thursday appealed to people to forget and forgive them even as the stage is set for a state-wide bandh tomorrow followed by a series of agitations in next seven days.
Security was tightened in Bhubaneswar and about 40 Youth Congress workers were taken into custody by the police on Thursday ahead of the 12-hour Odisha bandh called by Congress on Friday.
Questioning Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's silence over mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Nabakalebara festival, the BJP today announced a week-long agitation from June 30 and sought a judicial probe into the matter.
Three people are suspected to have died of anthrax in Odisha`s Koraput district after consuming meat.
Odisha government has set the target to become a total Open Defecation Free (ODF) and asked all District Collectors today to work to achieve the goal between December, 2016 and December, 2017.
Accusing BJD government of failing to act against those responsible for mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Brahma Paribartan, the Congress on Wednesday called for Odisha bandh on June 26.
Normal life was affected here today following a dawn-to-dusk bandh called by lawyers protesting alleged mismanagement during Lord Jagannath's Brahma Parivartan rituals and demanding a judicial probe into the matter by a sitting High Court judge.
Supported by BJP Odisha unit, Bar Association of Puri called for a 12-hour bandh in the holy town tomorrow protesting against the mismanagement of Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual on June 15 while the powerful body of temple servitors, Daitapati Nijog, on Tuesday tendered an apology for the "blunder."
Three states of Goa, Odisha and Jharkhand have not submitted the latest action taken reports on steps taken to curb illegal mining even after a high level panel raised the issue in September last year.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday directed the Information and Public Relations Department to make a new advertisement policy for the electronic and print media.
The Odisha government on Monday set a target to create additional employment for three lakh people and attract new investments to the tune of Rs.1.73 lakh crore by 2019-20 financial year in the industrial sector in the state.
With IMD predicting heavy precipitation in interior and northern Odisha, the state government on Monday issued alerts in four districts as pounding rain left 423 houses damaged in Malkangiri district and affected road connection at many places.
With Odisha government being slammed over reports of deviation in the century old 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual of Lord Jagannath, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today asked four ministers to rush to Puri and ensure the smooth celebration of the 'Rath Jatra festival on July 18.
The Coast Guard rescued six fishermen on board a vessel stranded at sea off Devi river near Odisha's Puri district, an officer said on Monday.
Odisha government on Saturday admitted delay in the centuries-old 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual of Lord Jagannath and said it would verify allegations of use of mobile phones to record the 'secret' ceremony.
Odisha Police on Saturday said it was contemplating to redeploy forces in certain areas within western range from where jawans were withdrawn due to security reasons in the past.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?
- Smart plan to send humans to Mars
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!