Assembly elections in Punjab are likely to be held in the last week of January or first week of February next year, state chief electoral officer V.K. Singh said here on Tuesday.
MLA retired Colonel Devinder Sehrawat on Sunday charged AAP leaders of asking sexual favours for party tickets in the 2017 Punjab assembly elections.
The AAP's political affairs committee on Sunday appointed satirist and actor Gurpreet Singh Ghuggi as its Punjab unit convener in place of Sucha Singh Chhotepur, who was removed recently from the post on corruption charges.
Punjab Congress Legislature Party leader Charanjit Singh Channi on Saturday exuded confidence that Congress will "comfortably" form the government in the state after coming together of the fourth front adding he will go on a cycle yatra from September 27 to reach out to the masses.
Ten persons were injured in a clash between AAP and Akali Dal supporters at a rally addressed by Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann here on Saturday, police said.
The complaint says that Bhagwant Mann asked mediapersons to leave a rally and after they had left, the MP allegedly used foul language against the media.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party on Friday said that former BJP parliamentarian Navjot Singh Sidhu's move of forming a political front in Punjab will have no effect on the party.
Aam Aadmi Party MP Bhagwant Mann on Thursday asked his party's volunteers not to read newspapers, alleging influence of money in publication of news.
Former BJP parliamentarian Navjot Singh Sidhu has formed the party with former hockey captain Pargat Singh and Bains brothers.
The Border Security Force (BSF) has seized eight kg heroin at the India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Abohar sector, an official said on Thursday.
It's final, the former Bharatiya Janata Party MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, is not joining Congress.
It seems day-by-day Punjab Assembly Elections are getting tougher for Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)!
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Punjab received a shot in the arm after family members of former SAD leader late Gurcharan Singh Tohra joined the party on Tuesday.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife has criticised Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh, thus ending speculation of him joining the grand old party.
The stand-off between Punjab's ruling Shiromani Akali Dal and new challenger AAP intensified on Sunday with Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal asking Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to investigate all international funding being received by AAP, especially from radical elements abroad.
Sucha Singh Chhotepur was sacked from the post of AAP`s Punjab convener following allegations of seeking bribe for allotting party tickets.
Chhotepur will now face a disciplinary committee of the party, comprising Delhi lawmaker Jarnail Singh and former Punjab bureaucrat and AAP leader Jasbir Singh Bir.
The AAP Political Affairs Committee is likely to meet at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s residence today to take a final call on Sucha Singh Chhotepur`s removal.
Sucha Singh Chhotepur had earlier dared the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leadership to make a video clip of him accepting money to prove that it was corruption.
With the Punjab Police having failed to nab the attackers of RSS leader Brigadier (retd) Jagdish Gagneja earlier this month, the state government, hinting at a foreign hand, asked the Central Bureau of Investigation to probe the attack.
With reports indicating that differences have cropped up within the AAP in poll-bound Punjab and convener Sucha Singh Chhotepur has been marginalised, the Congress jumped in his defence on Thursday, saying that "outsider" AAP leaders were trying to fix a "son of the soil".
The fine was imposed by Additional Deputy Commissioner (General)-cum-Adjudicating Officer Rishi Pal Singh.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Dhruman Nimble said the house belonged to Raj Kumar Agnihotri who is a distributor of Samsung electronics and had a showroom here at Sunder Nagar locality.
A day after suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi announced his intention to float a 'Punjab-centric new front,' Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday asked him to resign as MP on 'moral grounds'.
Congress party has made a fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, saying the Grand Old Party's doors are always open for him.
A delegation of Akali Dal leaders, led by Rajya Sabha MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, put forth the demand before Home Minister Rajnath Singh during a meeting in his office.
Suspended Aam Aadmi Party MP Dharamvira Gandhi from Patiala said the name of the front will be announced in 10-15 days.
Chandigarh, a union territory, is the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana.
The Border Security Force has recovered four kg heroin along the India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Amritsar sector, an official said on Sunday.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Pakistan rubbishes India's claim of surgical strikes across LoC
- India's surgical strikes across LoC continued for 4 hours
- DNA: Analysis of India's diplomatic win over Pak after boycotting SAARC summit
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- LIVE: India expects some sort of retaliation from Pakistan, army closely monitoring LoC, says report
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- Army's surgical strike against Pakistan is a birthday present for a very special Indian!