Two factions of Punjab Congress came to blows over fixing a party poster ahead of a conference of the party's women wing here.
Terming the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party as "anti-Punjab", Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said even the shadow of these parties was bad for the state.
Punjab could not avail funds amounting to Rs 719.50 crore due to delay in submission of utilisation certificates to the Centre, according to a latest CAG report.
Days after launching a new political front `Awaaz-e-Punjab`, cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu resigned from the primary membership of his party for years BJP on Wednesday.
Congress MLA Tarlochan Sund hurled shoe at Punjab minister Majithia during the assembly session.
A Jaguar fighter jet caught fire minutes before take off at Ambala airfield on Tuesday but the pilot escaped safely, Indian Air Force officials said.
Dev Mann, who is in the fray for AAP from Nabha, has rejected the allegations as bogus and said he was being defamed on the directions of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
Former hockey captain-turned- politician Pargat Singh on Monday resigned from Shiromani Akali Dal, accusing party chief Sukhbir Singh Badal of "betraying" the trust of people of Punjab.
Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Sunday claimed the farmers' manifesto by AAP was a "poor carbon copy" of the one by his party and alleged the outfit "lacked the confidence to commit anything".
Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday unveiled its 31-point 'Kisan Manifesto' for Punjab Assembly elections.
Kejriwal, on the last day of his four-day tour of the state, told a rally that the future of Punjab was bright and it would show the direction to the entire world.
In political doghouse in Punjab for nearly a decade, Congress on Sunday said it suspected the new outfit floated by cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Sidhu was a "BJP-sponsored programme" to divide anti-incumbency votes.
Ruling Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP combine in Punjab will create history again by winning the Assembly elections for the third consecutive time next year on development agenda, Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal has said here.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 30-year-old man at a village here, police said today.
Ludhiana's Bains brothers, the two Independent MLAs who are part of the 'Awaaz-e-Punjab' front of Navjot Singh Sidhu, were on Friday "physically moved out" of the Punjab Assembly for disrupting proceedings.
According to a report, the police have lodged an FIR against the accused on charges of cruelty against animals.
"The foundation of Khalsa Panth was laid at Anandpur Sahib, that is why this place is known as the land of Khalsa. So, if AAP is voted to power, the government would make Anandpur Sahib a holy city," Kejriwal said.
The Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab has filed criminal defamation cases against its Delhi MLA Devender Sehrawat, who had accused the party's state leaders of exploiting women in return for tickets, and former party leaders HS Kingra and Paviter Singh.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday vowed to ensure a prohibition on alcohol and meat around the holy area of Golden Temple in Amritsar if his party wins in Punjab polls..
The Aam Aadmi Party on Friday slammed cricketer-turned politician Navjot Singh Sidhu for his remarks against Arvind Kejriwal, saying that the latter is acting like the "team B of RSS."
AAP on Thursday hit back at Navjot Singh Sidhu, alleging that his political outfit 'Awaaz e Punjab' was the 'B-team' of the RSS, and said his attack on the Badal family was a diversion, as his real target was Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday dismissed 'Awaaz e Punjab' formed by ex-BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu as a "bunch of fugitives and defectors", and said people who had "deceived" their mother party could never be loyal to the state and its people.
Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader Charanjit Singh Channi wrote a letter to the Secretary, Punjab Assembly on the issue after a CLP meeting here.
A combative Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Thursday he won't be cowed down by protests and that he and the AAP will remain in Punjab till the ruling Badal family is jailed.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu on Thursday formally announced a new political front 'Awaaz-e-Punjab', ahead of Punjab Assembly Elections.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has accused the SAD-BJP government of running a malicious campaign against his party AAP in Punjab.
Delhi BJP women wing protested against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at the New Delhi Railway Station this morning.
Guru Nanak was married to Mata Sulakhni, daughter of Mul Chand, a Chona Khatri of Batala, in 1487.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu had on September 02 floated a new political front 'Awaaz-e-Punjab' online.
Adding further trouble to an already challenging phase of politics for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), a Punjab party Observer has been accused of sexually abusing his domestic help.
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery?
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference? - Part II
- National level woman shooter alleges rape by coach
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- DNA: Analysis of cross border cyber attack on Indian online accounts
- Many trains running late due to intense fog in Delhi
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Yuvraj Singh’s post-marriage selfie with wife Hazel Keech is funny – See PIC
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest, AIADMK supporters throng Apollo Hospitals; Rajnath talks to Tamil Nadu Governor
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- India vs England: Trouble brewing in Indian camp ahead of Mumbai Test
- Donald Trump's phone calls to Pakistan's PM and Taiwan's President `upset diplomacy`