Punjab Police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, was cremated with full state honours here on Wednesday, with people from all walks of life bidding him a tearful adieu.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Wednesday said that Pakistan must "walk the talk" on the issue of counter-terrorism, and maintained that investigation done so far with regard to the `heinous` Gurdaspur terror attack points towards Pakistan`s involvement.
Congress leader PC Chacko on Wednesday said that the Gurdaspur terror attack clearly highlights Pakistan`s evil intentions, and intentions of Pakistan, and added that the nation is one of its stiff challenges in countering it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday met the family of police officer Baljit Singh who died fighting terrorists -- and also praised the Punjab Police.
The three heavily armed terrorists, who unleashed terror and killed several people in Punjab’s Gurdaspur on Monday, may have sneaked into India from Pakistan after crossing the Ravi river and had two more targets marked, the data obtained from their GPS devices has revealed.
BSF Director General DK Pathak will visit border area of Punjab's Gurdaspur district along the International Border (IB) with Pakistan on Wednesday and review the security setup there in the wake of the terrorist attack there.
Lauding the police action in the Gurdaspur terror attack, Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today stressed the need to equip the state police with modern weaponry to deal with such situations.
The family of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who died in the terror attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab, on Tuesday demanded government jobs for his three children.
Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki on Tuesday expressed deepest condolence over the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
The three terrorists, who struck at several places in Punjab's Gurdaspur yesterday, had plans to attack the civil lines area in the district headquarter town besides Dina Nagar police station, investigators said on Tuesday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday suggested to the Centre to consider the policy of hot pursuit of terrorists and their patrons across the border in the wake of the Gurdaspur terror attack.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will on Wednesday visit the families of the seven persons killed in the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur.
The five live bombs that were found on Amritsar-Pathankot railway tracks yesterday were made of unmarked RDX, Army sources said.
A 26-year-old woman died after she allegedly jumped from third floor of a hotel here, police said today.
The family of police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, on Tuesday refused to cremate him till the state government hands over appointment letters of SP rank to his son and post of tehsildar to his daughters.
The terrorists, who launched a terror strike in the Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday, had 'Made in China' grenades with them.
Satpal, Darshan Kumar and Nanak Chand are no ordinary people as they are the ones who saved scores of innocent lives in this Punjab town during a terror attack.
Preliminary probe into the terror strike in the district that left seven persons dead indicates that the three suspected Lashker-e-Toiba militants had entered the country from Pakistan through Bamiyal village close to the International Border.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has called off his meeting with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, scheduled for July 29, in view of Monday's terror attack at Dina Nagar in the border district of Gurdaspur.
The global positioning system (GPS) sets recovered from the three terrorists killed here clearly indicates to a Pakistan link in Monday's terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town, sources said on Tuesday.
In wake of the terror attack in Punjab`s Dinanagar town on Monday which left seven people dead, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal called off his scheduled meeting later this week with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, an official said.
Baljit Singh, the police officer, who was on Monday killed in the gun-battle with terrorists in Gurdaspur district, was a son to a policeman who too was killed by militants during the height of militancy in Punjab in 1984.
Four time BJP MP from Gurdaspur Vinod Khanna on Monday termed the terrorist attack in his constituency as "shocking" and "unfortunate", saying the guilty will not be spared.
Politicians took to Twitter to condemn the terror attack in Punjab`s Gurdaspur district on Monday, expressing their sympathies for the victims and their families.
Ever since Narendra Modi assumed office as the Prime Minister of India, his foreign policy initiatives towards Pakistan have had a roller coast ride.
The alertness and bravery of a bus driver saved several lives as terrorists launched an attack here in Punjab on Monday.
In the wake of a terrorist attack in Gurdaspur district of Punjab on Monday, Gujarat police has been asked to be on alert especially the border district police as the state shares land border with Pakistan.
After nearly 12 hours, the Gurdaspur terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town came to an end on Monday evening as police killed all terrorists in counter-operation.
Mother India's sons have once again given the supreme sacrifice to restore her honour. All the terrorists who hijacked a car, drove down to this town in Punjab`s Gurdaspur district, opened fire at bus stand and then stormed a police station have been eliminated but they have left behind serious questions for the nation to ponder upon.
Six trains running on the Amritsar-Pathankot route have been cancelled after the police recovered bombs on the railway tracks following the Gurdaspur terror attack.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list