A court here on Saturday directed BJP leader Subramanian Swamy to appear before it on September 25 for twitting "malicious content" in his twitter account regarding the health condition of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
The Madras High Court bench here on Saturday said it would amount to perjury if government doctors who seek voluntary retirement on health grounds took up a job in any hospital until he or she reached the age of superannuation.
An anti-liquor protest by a Gandhian who climbed atop a mobile phone tower near Kanyakumari, around 700 km from here, went terribly wrong and resulted in his death on Friday, police said.
Late former President APJ Abdul Kalam may not have left behind any will and had asked his elder brother to take care of a small piece of property he owned.
Terming the demise of activist Sasi Perumal as 'shocking', Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader MK Stalin on Friday demanded a thorough investigation into the former's death.
Sasi Perumal, the Gandhian who had been demanding total prohibition in the state, on Friday died during a protest against liquor shops here, reports news agency ANI.
Tamil Nadu government today said an award would be constituted in the name of former President APJ Abdul Kalam and his birthday would be observed as "Youth Renaissance Day."
Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was laid to rest on Thursday here with full military honours in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and several other leaders who paid tributes to the man who strengthened India's missile programme and played a key role in country's 1998 nuclear test -- making him a national hero.
Madras High Court has issued notice to the Tamil Nadu government on a petition filed by the management of Women's Christian college, the first private women's college in the state, over the education department's refusal to approve appointment of 19 teaching staff.
At least 19 Tamil Red sander smugglers have been arrested by Kadapa Police, including a most wanted smuggler.
A 114-year-old woman, said to be the oldest member of the Toda community, passed away at Glenmorgan, near here on Thursday following an age-related illness.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid tribute to late former president A.P.J Abdul Kalam here.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid tribute to late former president APJ Abdul Kalam here.
The mortal remains of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who died on Monday, were taken from his ancestral house here to the local mosque ahead of the funeral as thousands of mourners -- young and old -- poured into the island town to pay their last respects.
Tamil Nadu government today ordered closure of all liquor outlets and bars tomorrow in the state in view of the funeral of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, as a 'mark of respect' to the departed soul.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will be attending the last rites of former President A P J Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram on Thursday.
Late former president APJ Abdul Kalam had envisioned a unique university in his hometown Ramanathapuram that would bring out entrepreneurs who would generate jobs.
A sea of humanity, especially school and college students, have thronged to catch a last glimpse of former president APJ Abdul Kalam before his last rites on Thursday.
A large number of people have gathered at former president APJ Abdul Kalam`s house at Rameswaram to pay their last respects, a relative said on Wednesday.
The mortal remains of late president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will be flown to his native town Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday where last rites will take place on July 30.
The last rites of former President APJ Abdul Kalam would be held at his native place here on Wednesday with his body expected to arrive by noon, District Collector K Nandhakumar said.
AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalaithaa Tuesday canceled all her party programmes for a week as a mark of respect and to facilitate homage for former President A P J Abdul Kalam, who passed away yesterday.
The mortal remains of late president APJ Abdul Kalam will be flown to his native town Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday where last rites will take place on July 30.
Though former president APJ Abdul Kalam was a rocket scientist, he was grounded to reality, DMK leader MK Stalin said on Tuesday.
A joint movement of six political parties including the CPI(M), CPI and MDMK on Monday urged the Centre not to hang 1993 Mumbai blast death row convict Yakub Memon.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday dropped Transport Minister V Senthil Balaji from her council of ministers, a Raj Bhavan statement issued here said.
The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on a petition by the Karnataka government challenging the state high court verdict acquitting her and three others in a disproportionate assets case.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Sunday condoled the death of four persons killed in wild elephant attacks, and announced a total relief of Rs 12 lakh to their families.
An air passenger who arrived from Sharjah here on Saturday was arrested for allegedly attempting to smuggle Rs 40 lakh worth gold.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Saturday directed to increase the quantum of water released from Mettur Dam so that the farmers can joyfully celebrate 'Aadiperukku' festival on August 3.
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- US woman alleges molestation by cab driver in Delhi
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Aapke Sitare, July 31: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy
- Gurdaspur attack: ISI trained terrorists at Thailand-Myanmar border for 10 days
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP
- Yakub Memon's hanging 'legal murder'; will have consequences for India: Chhota Shakeel