NDA ally PMK Chief Ramadoss on Saturday said socio-economic census revealed appalling living conditions of rural India and urged action to address "inequality and underdevelopment."
Days after securing a thumping victory in the RK Nagar bypoll here, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Saturday took oath as MLA.
Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) general secretary Vaiko on Saturday called for protection to be accorded to the Mullaperiyar Dam on the Periyar River, claiming that the Kerala government wants to destroy it.
Manitha Neya Makkal Katchi (MMK) President MH Jawahirullah, MLA, on Friday alleged that a few organisations were trying to give a communal colour to the recent violence in Ambur in Vellore District recently.
DMK treasurer MK Stalin on Friday urged the Tamil Nadu government to convene the assembly session and table the Demands for Grants to various departments.
In an initiative aimed at helping lactating mothers who travel, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today ordered setting up of separate rooms in bus terminals across the state to help them feed their babies in privacy.
The long awaited electric train service between Coimbatore and Mettupalayam commenced operations today.
About 30 to 40 fishermen were attacked allegedly by their Sri Lankan counterparts off Kodiakarai coast, who damaged their nets worth Rs 6 crore and threw the catch into the sea, a fisheries department official said.
The war of words between arch-rivals DMK and AIADMK over Metro Rail continued on Friday with the former asking Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to clarify when her government had taken a decision about the project.
A court in Sri Lanka today extended till July 17 the remand of 14 fishermen arrested on June 2 by the island nation's naval personnel on charges of illegal fishing.
Alleging "large-scale booth capturing" and "rigging" by the J Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK during the recent bye-election to R K Nagar Assembly segment in Chennai, CPI today demanded that Election Commission conduct an enquiry into the matter "without further delay".
DMK president Karunanidhi on Thursday said the Tamil Nadu government should formally provide the details related to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's illness as the people would be interested in knowing it.
Maoists, who were arrested two months ago from the city outskirts, on Thursday alleged that they were being tortured by Kerala police while in their custody and wanted to confess certain things, by threatening of dire consequences.
DMK treasurer M K Stalin on Thursday accused Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer of being biased in favour of ruling AIADMK in the June 27 bypoll in R K Nagar, from where Chief Minister Jayalalithaa won by a huge margin.
In an incident that is bound to draw a lot of criticism, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) treasurer MK Stalin was on Wednesday caught slapping a man onboard the newly-launched Chennai Metro Rail services.
Six persons were arrested here on Thursday in connection with the death of a Dalit engineer, whose body was found on the railway track near Pallipallayam in the district on June 27, police said.
AIADMK on Wednesday hosted an Iftar party here in which several prominent Muslims participated though its supremo Jayalalithaa was forced to skip the event as she fell unwell.
The Metro Rail fever seems to have caught up with politicians, with DMK Treasurer M K Stalin and DMDK founder Vijayakant taking a ride in the newly launched services here today.
The Metro Rail fever seems to have caught up with politicians, with DMK Treasurer MK Stalin and DMDK founder Vijayakant taking a ride in the newly launched services here on Wednesday.
About 250 fishermen began an indefinite fast in front of the bus stand here on Wednesday, demanding the release of 14 fishermen arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy since June 2, and also their boats.
DMK on Tuesday termed as a "farce", the RK Nagar bypoll, from where Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa won by a huge margin, while CPI demanded a probe into the conduct of byelection here and appropriate action by the Election Commission.
Two engineering students were killed on the spot and another seriously injured when the motorcycle they were riding rammed a Government bus here, police said
A 45-year-old woman was sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court at Gopichettipalayam in the district for killing her son for marrying a girl from another caste in 2014.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday thanked voters for electing her to the Tamil Nadu assembly from the Radhakrishnan Nagar constituency here.
Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday hit out at BJP's state unit for its remarks that Central ministers were not invited for the Metro Rail launch, saying that Minister for Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu was invited at the behest of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa but he could not make it due to an overseas visit.
A leopard attacked a farmer knocking him off his motorcycle but recoiled in pain and took to its heels after coming in contact with the hot silencer exhaust pipe, forest officials said on Tuesday.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa trounced her nearest rival and CPI candidate C Mahendran with a huge margin of over 1.5 lakh votes as the results for Radha Krishnan Nagar assembly seat by-election was declared on Tuesday.
The Madras High Court bench here on Monday refused to lift the stay on admissions to law courses in Dr Ambedkar Law University, the nodal agency for admissions to such courses in Tamil Nadu and its affiliated law colleges.
The Madras High Court on Monday granted an interim injunction against various unions of Neyveli Lignite Corporation restraining them from disrupting mining and generation activities of NLC.
Steered by a young woman, the first train of the Chennai Metro Rail chugged off from Alandur Station here on Monday after being flagged off by chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Copa America 2015: Argentina, Chile poised for classic finale
- France says no to asylum for WikiLeaks` Julian Assange