With its wind season drawing to a close and no clear indication of when Unit-I of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) would recommence operations, Tamil Nadu government today sought Central intervention in this matter.
With its wind season drawing to a close and no clear indication of when Unit-I of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) would recommence operations, Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday sought Central intervention in this matter.
With DMK treasurer M K Stalin set to begin his second phase of campaign 'Namakkau Name' (We for ourselves) tomorrow from Nilgiris to reach out to the electorate, ruling AIADMK Tuesday made fun of him, his style and the campaign.
The Madras High Court today closed contempt proceedings against an Inspector General of Police after the official tendered an unconditional apology for not complying with the court's earlier order to provide security to three advocates.
A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man when she was returning home in the wee hours here Monday, police said.
The girl is a second year BCom student at a college in Namakkal district.
Fishermen here on Saturday began an indefinite strike demanding that the Union Government trace a missing fisherman from the state, who fell into the sea, after the boat in which he was sailing sank while allegedly being chased by a Sri Lankan naval vessel.
Seven Indian fishermen were arrested by Sri Lankan naval personnel off Katchathivu islet today for allegedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line and fishing in their waters.
Taking exception to the continued arrests of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy, the Tamil Nadu government has told the Centre that Colombo's "dubious actions" has resulted in the situation at sea remaining "precarious."
A ban on birthday parties, use of WhatsApp and girl students talking to boys allegedly imposed by a leading engineering college here led to an uproar and street protests by a section of its students today.
Hundreds of farmers were today detained in different parts of delta districts in Tamil Nadu, when they attempted to block trains demanding release of the Cauvery river water by Karnataka for agriculture operations.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced distribution of Amma mobile phones to trainers of women’s self-help groups. Making this announcement in the state assembly, Jayalalithaa said in the first phase, 20,000 mobile phones at an outlay of Rs.15 crore would be distributed.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Monday announced distribution of Amma mobile phones to trainers of women`s self-help groups.
Taking a veiled dig at Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, DMK Treasurer MK Stalin on Monday said everything, including inauguration of projects, was done in Tamil Nadu through video conferencing and alleged the projects did not appear to have been implemented in reality.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday cautioned India against supporting a "watered down" resolution by the US on Sri Lanka in the UN Human Rights Council over alleged rights violations during the last phase of civil war against LTTE in 2009 in the island nation.
Three Indian fishermen were rescued and detained by Sri Lankan Navy personnel when their boat sank after being allegedly chased by the latter off Katchatheevu on Sunday.
Dressed in bright formal wear and hopping a bicycle, scooter and autorickshaw, DMK Treasurer M K Stalin has gone in for a rapid image makeover, in a bid to reach out to the people especially youth, ahead of the Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu next year.
Terming the Tamil Nadu government as "anti-women" DMK leader MK Stalin on Saturday alleged that crime against woman in the state has increased by several folds.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Friday sought Central intervention for the release of fishermen from Tamil Nadu arrested by the Sri Lanka Navy and urged the Narendra Modi government to initiate 'decisive measures' to find a permanent solution to this 'sensitive issue'.
Tamil Nadu government Friday said that three pilgrims from the state were among those killed in the Haj stampede yesterday in Saudi Arabia.
Power generation in the three thermal power units here was affected, leading to decline in the power supply to the southern districts of tamil Nadu in the last two days, officials said here Friday.
PMK today appealed to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa to convene an all-party meeting and lead a delegation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi pressing for a resolution seeking international probe into alleged war crimes during 2009 hostilities in Sri Lanka.
The Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry has decided to take a decision on Thursday on the issue of errant advocates allegedly engaging in unruly behaviour like laying seige to court halls, taking out rallies and obstructing court work.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday made a slew of announcements pertaining to the departments of School Education, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments and Fisheries.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two men hailing from Bihar at her home near here, police said today.
Voicing concern over the arrest of Indian fishermen by Lankan Navy in the 'vicinity' of Katchatheevu, the Tamil Nadu government has once again raised the demand that India "retrieve" the islet from Sri Lanka.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday asserted that Madras High Court Chief Justice SK Kaul did not say he had lost confidence in the state police as reported in a section of media.
A college in Chennai has come up with a bizarre list of restrictions on girl students.
Sri Lanka Navy arrested 15 fishermen for allegedly fishing in Lankan waters and also chased at gun point fishermen near Katchatheevu in the Palk Straits, officials said today.
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Price of pulses crosses more than Rs 225 per kilogram
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Panel discussion on communal riots being made top issue in India instead of inflation
- From Rs 12,000 to 50,000: AAP intends to hike Delhi MLAs basic salaries
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Varanasi violence: Schools, colleges to remain closed today
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui
- NASA's Mars orbiter reveals stunning images of Acidalia Planitia featured in 'The Martian'
- Former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with life-threatening disease
- Helder Postiga less Atletico de Kolkata to take on Goa
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- ISL 2015: FC Goa vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indo-Pak border: Bright and calm from space...guns on the ground
- Shri Kainchi Dham Mandir – A divine destination for self resurrection
- Watch: Baby born without skull and brain says hello in emotional video!
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!
- India mulled carrying out surgical air strikes post 26/11 attacks: Ex-Pakistan minister