Thirteen persons were killed and 27 injured in a collision between a government bus and a cement laden lorry at T Kallupatti, about 40 km from here on Saturday, police said.
One person was killed and three others were injured when a mysterious heavy object fell close to the building complex of a private engineering college near here, causing an explosion.
More than 40 passengers of the Bengaluru-bound Kanyakumari-Bangalore City Express were injured after its four coaches derailed in Vellore district, around 170 km from here, in the wee hours on Friday.
On Saturday, Gandhi had accused Modi and RSS of trying to crush the spirit of students by imposing "one idea from the top".
Seeking to put to rest speculations that his brother and former Union Minister MK Alagiri could return to the DMK, party treasurer MK Stalin on Tuesday said the talk could be a rumour.
Prime Minister said on Tuesday that his government was committed to development of a generous social safety net for all workers.
With the assembly elections a few months away in Tamil Nadu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Tuesday address a public meeting here, being billed by the party as the launch of its poll campaign and "a turning point rally" in the history of the state politics.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi `s intervention to secure the release of nine Indian fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan navy on January 30.
A teenager was struck and killed after he tried to take a photo of himself in front of an oncoming train, police said Monday, in the latest deadly accident involving selfies.
A teenaged boy was hit by a speeding train in Chennai on Sunday while he was trying to click himself on the railway track.
Over 5,000 police personnel are on security duty across the city in connection with the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on February 2 to dedicate a Medical College attached to ESI and to address a party public meeting.
Nine Indian fishermen and two boats were apprehended by the Sri Lankan Navy near Palk Strait in Tamil Nadu early morning today.
Days after three girl students of a private college killed themselves over alleged exorbitant fee demands, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday ordered transfer of the yoga and naturopathy students from that institution to a state-run college.
BJP is taking steps to form a "strong" alliance for the upcoming Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu and talks in this regard are in progress, two senior party leaders said on Friday.
A court here has sentenced six persons, including two women, to life imprisonment in connection with the murder of a 55-year-old woman in 2014.
The police on Wednesday arrested the principle of SVS College of Naturopathy and Yoga Science in connection with the death of three female students.
Fishermen in Tamil Nadu would go on an indefinite fast from Tuesday, demanding the release of fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy and lodged in prisons of the island nation.
A nursing student allegedly committed suicide here on Monday by hanging herself in her hostel room, police said.
Police said the three students ended their lives after the management demanded higher fees even though the college lacked basic facilities.
Days after three girl students allegedly committed suicide, the head of their college Monday surrendered in a court in the state capital and was arrested along with two others, including its principal.
A day after the three medical students were found dead inside a well adjacent to their college in Viluppuram , the college campus witnessed massive protests from the parents and locals. The protesters demanded action against the college Chairman and other who were responsible for forcing the girls to take the step.
DMK Monday demanded a judicial probe by a sitting High Court Judge into the alleged suicide of three students of a private institution in Villupuram
Four persons have been detained in connection with the suicide case of three girls in Tamil Nadu.
Women activist Shamina Shafiq on Sunday dubbed the suicide committed by three female students of a medical college in Tamil Nadu as 'shocking' and demanded a thorough probe so that the truth behind the unfortunate incident comes to the fore.
The three students, who belonged to the second year, jumped into a well near the college premises and held the college management responsible for their suicide in a note.
The issue pertains to Housing Minister R Vaidyalingam's complaint that the DMK president had attributed remarks not made by him in the Assembly.
In a goodwill gesture ahead of the Pongal festival, Sri Lanka had on January 14 decided to release 104 Indian fishermen arrested by the country's navy for allegedly poaching in the country's territorial waters.
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part IV
- Gujarat: Indian Coast Guard detains Pakistani boat off coast
- Ranchi: Central Coalfields Limited workers ride bicycles to curb pollution
- Desh Da Swaad: Discover the taste of Bhopal
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- West Bengal: Policemen take up responsibility to educate poor children
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Watch : Top 25
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Hindu Mahasabha to sue LK Advani for demolishing 'Ram Lalla' temple in Ayodhya
- Are you up for Sidharth-Alia-Fawad's 'Kapoor and Sons' tongue twister challenge?