Slamming BJP for criticising his party over the decades old Cauvery issue, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Wednesday asked it to mend its way which "spoiled a good opportunity" to set up the Cauvery Management Board.
Trinamool Congress MP and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's nephew Abhishek Banerjee, who underwent a surgery for "orbital floor fracture" caused in a car accident, is in a stable condition now.
A 30-year-old employee of the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was electrocuted while two others sustained burn injuries, when they were carrying out maintenance work at Thudiyalur sub-station, in the outskirts today, police said.
Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK on Wednesday said that party supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa is "very well" and would return home soon.
The filing of nomination for Thanjavur, Aravakurichi, Thiruparankundram Assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu begins today.
The Supreme Court has allowed the Management of the Sri Ranganathaswamy temple in Tamil Nadu to approach the Madras High Court with its prayer that it should be allowed to carry out requisite repairs and renovations in the historic temple.
A woman died and 15 others were injured in a stampede at Arulmighu Pachaiamman temple on Monday.
DMK leader M.K. Stalin on Tuesday presided over an "all-party meeting" to discuss the Cauvery issue but most major parties in the state gave it a miss.
The DMK has issued a press release which said M Karunanidhi has developed an allergy due to some medicines he is taking regularly.
The toll in the October 20 fireworks mishap here rose to nine, with a doctor succumbing to his injuries today, police said.
Three of a family, including two women, were killed, while two others were injured when their car rammed into a roadside tree at Elamangalam village near here early today, police said.
One person was killed while four others injured when the car they were travelling in, rammed into a roadside tree on Madurai-Rameswaram highway near here today, police said.
AIADMK legislators and workers today took out a procession with milk vessels on their heads and offered prayers at a temple for recovery of party supremo and hospitalised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
Two persons were arrested for alleged possession of 12 kilograms of explosive material in the district, police said on Sunday.
Minister of State Pon Radhakrishnan demanded a White Paper on the Cauvery issue and the role of Congress and the DMK on it.
Tamil Nadu Governer Vidyasagar Rao visited ailing chief minister Jayalalithaa at the Apollo Hospital here on Saturday, where he was briefed about the treatment given to her and was informed that she was interacting now and responding to treatment remarkably.
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader J. Jayalalithaa is said to be on the road to recovering from her illness at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, and in anticipation of her coming out of the medical facility soon, special prayers were held at Mysuru`s Chamundeshwari Temple.
A rail worker quickly moved to save him from a sure death situation.
NHRC Chairperson H L Dattu today said arrests of people on the issue of rumours over Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's health may not be an answer and that there are ther ways of dealing with it.
In the wake of apprehending of a few persons in Tamil Nadu for allegedly circulated rumours regarding Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's health status, National Human Rights Commission chairperson Justice H L Dattu on Friday said arrest may not be an answer and there are other avenues for checking rumour-mongering.
Chennai, Two days after the ruling AIADMK named its candidates for the elections to be held in Tamil Nadu on November 19, DMK on Friday announced its nominees for Thanjavur, Aravakkurichi Assembly
A delegation of opposition parties in Tamil Nadu today met President Pranab Mukherjee and sought his intervention in the setting up of Cauvery Management Board, a demand Karnataka is opposed to.
A delegation of opposition parties in Tamil Nadu on Friday met President Pranab Mukherjee and sought his intervention in the setting up of Cauvery Management Board, a demand Karnataka is opposed to.
Jayalalithaa has been in hospital for more than three weeks and is being treated for a lung infection.
A sixth time MLA, Stalin made his Assembly debut in 1989.
Nine persons were killed were a massive fire broke out in a cracker factory in Sivakasi of Tamil Nadu.
"Amma (Jayalalithaa) has progressed very well under the daily monitoring of Apollo Hospital doctors and specialists and will return home soon," AIADMK spokesperson C R Saraswathy told reporters here.
For the first time after the Tamil Nadu Governor re-allocated the portfolios of ailing CM Jayalalithaa, state Finance Minister O Panneerselvam on Wednesday presided over a meeting of the state Cabinet.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement on maintainability on appeal of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against Tribunal's order of 2007 on Cauvery water row.
Tamil Nadu's Finance Minister and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's close confidant O Panneerselvam on Wednesday chaired a meeting of the state cabinet in the absence of the AIADMK chief who is currently under treatment at the Apollo Hospital here.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Geelani meets BJP's Yashwant Sinha over Kashmir unrest
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- Mother, son killed in road accident in Rajasthan
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’