All eligible persons would be covered under the old age pension scheme under which a monthly assistance of Rs 1,100 is extended, Puducherry Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Friday.
AICC general secretary V Narayanasamy on Thursday alleged that 'fake certificates' were issued to a good number of students to enable them to join the MBBS course in government-run Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute here under seats meant for students of Puducherry.
The Puducherry Fishermen Association has expressed strong protest against the government`s "delay" in disbursing relief to fishermen affected by natural calamities.
Puducherry government has drawn up a plan to offer short term courses in technical and non-technical streams to ensure unemployed youth augmented their skill and became employable or launched self employment projects.
As part of its initiatives to set up Energy Education Park in each State and Union Territory across the country, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has established one such park in Puducherry.
Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE, talked about 'aspirations' at Chitkara University and Chandigarh Patiala University on Saturday. Over 1500 students attended the two sessions of DSC show.
A 5.4 magnitude earthquake hit off Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday, within a week of the high intensity quake that hit Nepal and adjoining areas including parts of India.
May Day was celebrated in the Union Territory of Puducherry with zeal and enthusiasm by various trade unions and labour outfits on Friday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy Wednesday said the Rs 6450 crore tax free budget he presented for fiscal 2015-2016 was "development oriented" and intended to augment the welfare of the people.
The Puducherry government would draw up a programme to felicitate E Valsaraj (Cong) and A M H Nazeem (DMK) who have completed 25 years as members of the House without break, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said on Tuesday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday informed the assembly that the government had been frequently persuading the Centre to bring Union Territory under the ambit of the Central Finance Commission so that Puducherry could enjoy the benefits of the states were now getting through the Finance Commission.
The Puducherry Assembly on Monday condoled the deaths of a large number of people in earthquake hit Nepal and wished speedy recovery to those injured.
Devotees Friday paid homage at the memorials of Aurobindo and The Mother (Mira Alfassa) here on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of the arrival of the Mother to carry out spiritual experiments in collaboration with Aurobindo.
Opposition AIADMK today said the announcements in the budget, presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy for fiscal 2015-2016, were all "aimed at pleasing the people and keeping next year Assembly polls in mind."
A minor boy studying in class XI at a school here was arrested for allegedly raping a six-year-old girl, police said today.
A strong plea for creation of a Legislative Assembly for Lakshdweep was made by an NCP member in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday and it found instant support from BJP member representing the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy will present the budget of the Union Territory for the fiscal 2015-2016 on April 22.
CPI has registered strong protest against the hike effected in power tariff by Puducherry government.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday led the Union Territory of Puducherry to pay floral tributes to the champion of the poor and the downtrodden Dr BR Ambedkar on his birth anniversary.
Four persons were injured today when a powerful bomb, apparently meant to target BSF personnel, exploded in Manipur's interior Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar.
The full-fledged Puducherry budget for 2015-16 would be presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy on April 22.
Christians in Meghalaya today celebrated Easter to mark the resurrection of Jesus Christ, with religious fervour.
The Chandigarh administration here on Wednesday announced to give one time incentive grant of Rs one lakh to the union territory's boys and girls, who join the Armed Forces training academies as cadets and complete their courses successfully.
A delegation led by Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan will visit Chandigarh on Tuesday to take stock of crops damaged by untimely rains and hailstorms in Haryana.
The menace of stray dogs has been on the rise in Chandigarh, with nearly 500 dog bite cases being reported from the city each month and the municipal authorities battling to find a solution to the problem.
CPI(M) on Friday slammed Chief Minister N Rangasamy and BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre for the `delay' in giving nod for finalising the size of the 2015-16 plan for the union territory which has forced presentation of vote on account by the territorial government.
The Puducherry Assembly was today adjourned sine die after transacting its scheduled business, including passing of the Appropriation (Vote on Account) Bill earmarking funds for the first three months of fiscal 2015-16.
The participation of top level leaders of Left parties in the 22nd five-day National Congress of CPI beginning here on Wednesday is a signal for reunification of these parties in the country, CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said here on Tuesday.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Saturday stressed the need for residents and industrialists to conserve water for sustainable development.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination