BJP West Bengal unit president Rahul Sinha today said the party is contemplating to file a case in the Calcutta High Court to unravel the truth behind lynching of a student in Sabang college in Midnapore West district earlier this month.
West Bengal News
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee chaired a Tribal Advisory Council meeting here on Wednesday in which it was decided that tribesmen employed in tea gardens would be brought under the pension scheme.
Assam and West Bengal have witnessed high growth rate of Muslim population while the proportion of Sikhs and Buddhists across the country declined and no significant change was witnessed in the case of Christians and Jains.
Congress leaders on Wednesday met West Bengal Governor KN Tripathi and demanded a CBI probe into the killing of the party's student wing leader at Sabang area of West Midnapore last month.
Kolkata: An Uber cab driver was arrested in the city for allegedly misbehaving with a woman passenger, police said on Wednesday.
The candidates who have applied for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (JEHOM) 2015 can download their admit card from the official website.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday announced her government`s decision to withdraw over 100 cases against the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) activists and leaders initiated during their separatist movement.
Students agitating against alleged police assault vacated Presidency University vice chancellor Anuradha Lohia`s room on Tuesday, even as she admitted there was trust deficit between the institution and the students but refused to quit and denied being affiliated to any political party.
Lauding the people of Darjeeling for their initiative to make the Queen of Hills clean and green, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday announced that 50,000 toilets would be built in the hill district .
Two Maoist supporters were on Tuesday arrested from Balarampur town in the district on charges of extortion, a police official said.
The Trinamool Congress on Monday said it has postponed its delegation`s visit to FTII Pune to express solidarity with the agitating students.
Agitating Presidency University students on Monday apologised for their unruly behaviour during their protests demanding Vice Chancellor Anuradha Lohia`s resignation but refused to back down from their stand and said they would continue with the gherao.
A section of Presidency University students continued to demonstrate inside Vice Chancellor Anuradha Lohia`s office for the fourth day on Monday, demanding her resignation claiming non-action during an alleged police assault last week.
The CBI has registered five more cases in connection with the chit fund scam in Assam arising out of alleged financial bunglings by West Bengal-based Saradha group of companies.
BJP national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Sunday put a question mark on the intention of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who has formed a three-member delegation of Trinamool Congress MPs to visit Pune, where the students of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) are protesting.
Train services in Barasat-Bangaon section of Sealdah division were affected on Monday after a group of passengers obstructed movement of trains demanding that male passengers be allowed to travel in Matribhumi ladies special trains.
Describing the passage of the stalled Goods and Services Tax Bill as a parameter to measure the maturity of India's political system, union finance minister Arun Jaitley on Sunday made a veiled attack on the Congress for "stalling the country's progress".
Calling for more economic activity in eastern states, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Sunday said political differences between the BJP and the Trinamool Congress will not come in way of development of West Bengal as he lamented "obsolete policies" of past.
Presidency University Vice Chancellor Anuradha Lohia on Saturday said she is under gherao by a small section of students while a majority have no issues.
Presidency University Vice Chancellor Anuradha Lohia remained under gherao by protesting students since Friday evening, putting a question mark over its third convocation ceremony scheduled for later in the day.
The cumulative borrowings of West Bengal stand at Rs 82,000 crore since the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress came to power in May 2011, state Finance Minister Amit Mitra said here on Friday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said the Narendra Modi government must resolve the ongoing unrest at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
Two wanted criminals from Jammu and Kashmir were arrested from Deganga area of North 24 Parganas district, police said today.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said her government was facing difficulty in planning future projects in the state due to ambiguity in the disbursal of funds from the central government.
The banned CPI (Maoist) has said it committed "mistakes" during the Lalgarh movement by killing people and removing their bodies covertly and said that it had wrongly believed that Trinamool Congress would withdraw joint forces from Jangalmahal after coming to power in the state.
A day after he led an agitation by party workers enforcing a shutdown, West Bengal Congress president Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury was on Wednesday slapped with non-bailable charges including attempt to murder.
Asserting that defeat of the ruling Trinamool Congress was imperative for the welfare of West Bengal, Congress MP Mani Shankar Aiyar on Wednesday hinted at a possible alliance with the CPI-M for the 2016 Assembly polls.
Asserting that there is a need for unity of secular forces to counter the alliance between Narendra Modi and Mamata Banerjee, senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Wednesday lashed out at TMC chief for "ditching Muslims" by going along with Modi at the Centre.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday accorded 'top priority' to distribution of relief materials and reconstruction work in flood-affected districts even as the opposition continued to press for forming all-party committees from district level to block level to do the relief work.
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Bewildering events of Indrani Mukherjea's life!
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder-Part 2
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Ever growing mystery of Sheena Bora murder case!-Part 2
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- PayPal fixes security flaw that allowed hackers to steal your money!
- You may have aphantasia if you can't recall the faces of your loved ones
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Picture released! Pakistani terrorist caught by Indian Army in J&K operation
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket
- Rain plays spoilsport, India at 50/2 on Day 1 of 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
- World Championships 200m final: Usain Bolt beats Justin Gatlin in 19.55 seconds – WATCH
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea kill Sheena Bora? Mumbai Police likely to reveal motive today
- PM Modi hails ISRO on successful launch of GSAT-6