Expressing happiness over the growing BJP membership in West Bengal, party chief Amit Shah on Tuesday asserted that this "workforce" would defeat the Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress in the state.
West Bengal News
Claiming that over two lakh people have been displaced by landslides that ravaged Darjeeling district following two days of incessant heavy rainfall early this month, BJP MP SS Ahluwalia on Tuesday said he has urged the Centre to send an inter-ministerial team to plan for rehabilitation of the region.
Expressing happiness over the growing BJP membership in West Bengal, party chief Amit Shah on Tuesday asserted that this "workforce" would defeat the Mamata Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress in the state.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University Teachers' Association (JNUTA) on Tuesday condemned the West Bengal government for "perpetrating violence" on peacefully agitating teachers of the state.
Rescue operations in landslide-hit Darjeeling hills in West Bengal may be over in another two-three days, an official said here on Tuesday.
BJP national president Amit Shah on Tuesday kicked off the 'Mahasampark Abhiyan' of BJP's Eastern Zone in Howrah district and stressed the need to reach out to the masses and spread the achievements of the one-year-old NDA government at the Centre.
One more body was tonight found in the landslide-battered Darjeeling district, taking the toll to 42.
One more body was on Monday night found in the landslide-battered Darjeeling district, taking the toll to 42.
Describing the spate of deaths linked to the Vyapam scam as "cold-blooded murders", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said the Trinamool Congress would raise the issue during the upcoming monsoon of Parliament and demanded a Supreme Court-monitored probe.
Nearly a decade after he gave a slip to enforcement agencies, law finally caught up with seer Durgesh Maharaj of Badrinath, who in his earlier avatar of a postal agent had allegedly duped people of Rs 2.63 crore by selling forged Kisan Vikas Patras.
CID on Monday arrested a second person from Kalyani in Nadia district for his alleged involvement in the leaking of questions in the entrance examination for Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
One more person was found dead in the landslide-battered Darjeeling district, taking the toll to 41.
A woman, who had accused the police of torturing her, has been remanded in judicial custody along with five others after they were arrested for allegedly blocking a highway and attacking the police with bombs.
One person was killed and three others were injured when the MUV carrying them rolled down around 100 feet from NH-55 near Kharey Khola in Kurseong subdivision, the police said on Monday.
Ill-planned roads and neglect of indigenous erosion-control measures coupled with haphazard construction in hilly areas triggered the massive landslide in Darjeeling last week, an expert said on Monday.
With the recovery of one more body on Sunday, the toll in the landslides in West Bengal`s Darjeeling hills rose to 34, while at least 10 more people remained on the missing-list and were feared dead, an official said.
London-based steel baron LN Mittal has joined the governing board of St Xavier's College in Kolkata where from he had done his graduation.
A woman allegedly strangulated her two-year-old son to death before committing suicide at Amta police station area of Howrah district, the police said.
A city court has issued an arrest warrant against Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha MP Prasun Banerjee for allegedly slapping a constable in January.
Against the backdrop of the assault on Calcutta University professors allegedly by Trinamool Congress activists, West Bengal Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi on Saturday said that teachers and students should sit together and find out ways to restore normalcy.
Thousands were left homeless due to floods resulting from heavy rainfall in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri city.
Collision between a truck and a goods train left one dead and three injured in Purulia district of West Bengal.
Abandoned allegedly by her parents, a newborn girl with an unusually large head was rescued on Friday from West Bengal`s Purulia district, police said.
Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha member Ahmed Hassan Imran called it a routine enquiry after he was grilled by the CBI on Friday about his alleged financial transactions with the tainted Saradha group, an agency official said.
Calcutta University Vice chancellor Suranjan Das on Friday urged West Bengal government to take action against the assault of professors allegedly by Trinamool Chhatra Parishad activists, stating that it would be tough for him to act as the VC, if action was not taken on the basis of his report.
With the recovery of two more bodies, the toll in landslide-battered Darjeeling district has risen to 40 even as 16 people still missing.
The toll in the landslides-ravaged Darjeeling hills of West Bengal rose to 32, with two more bodies being recovered on Thursday as relief and rescue operations continued in full swing, officials said.
The Indian Army has deployed two medical and engineers task forces to carry out relief and rescue work in the landslide-hit Darjeeling hills of West Bengal where at least 30 people were killed and another dozen were reported missing, an official said on Thursday.
Ill-planned roads and neglect of indigenous erosion-control measures in hilly areas like in Darjeeling in West Bengal cause landslides in India, an expert said on Thursday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday visited landslide-hit areas in Darjeeling district of West Bengal, where 38 people were killed.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Woman set ablaze in Barabanki, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput Wedding: All you need to know