Tasked to rejuvenate Congress after its worst ever drubbing in assembly polls, new DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely vowed to bring all factions together.
Congress appointed Arvinder Singh Lovely and Bhupesh Baghel as PCC chiefs of Delhi and Chhattisgarh signalling party`s intent to bring changes in state units after its loss in assembly elections.
In an interesting turn of events, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday indicated that it could form the government in Delhi even though it doesn’t have the required numbers.
Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Tuesday caused a flutter saying a spell in opposition would do the party good.
Besides BJP's strong performance in Assembly polls in four states, sustained capital inflows and a firming trend in the global markets also helped markets cement gains.
Congress leaders admitted to defeat but were keen to shield their leader Rahul Gandhi against any criticism. The AAP breakthrough came in as a “big surprise” to them.
Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders participating in election coverage @ZeeNews were unanimous in crediting party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for performance in assembly polls.
Results of Assembly polls in four states reflect anti-Congress mood prevailing in the country and the stage is set for Congress party`s ouster at the Centre, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said on Sunday.
After the Congress was served massive defeats in the Assembly elections, vice president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday concluded the results as a message of change from the people of the country.
Rejoicing its ally BJP`s good showing in three of the four state assemblies, Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal today said that it will be tidal wave in favour of BJP in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Folk dancers from Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh gave a colourful touch Sunday to victory celebrations in and outside the BJP headquarters here.
BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy said his party could have done even better if it had taken certain timely steps.
Do not blame Rahul Gandhi for the Congress reverses in the Assembly polls, Union Minister Jayanthi Natarajan suggested today maintaining that it was a "collective failure" and the party will introspect.
The Aam Admi Party (AAP) has made a stunning debut as predicted in Delhi, while the Congress was completely routed.
Chouhan is all set to become the chief minister for a third term.
The Congress admitted Sunday that it was disappointed with the assembly results from four states where it appeared to be headed for defeat.
Bharatiya Janata Party activists burst firecrackers, beat drums and danced outside the party`s state headquarters in the Rajasthan capital.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said Sunday he was glued to his TV, watching in "morbid curiosity" the trends emerging as counting of the votes cast in the assembly elections got underway.
Delhi Assembly Elections: Over 53 per cent voter turn-out was recorded at one polling booth in Jangpura constituency here, where re-polling was held on Saturday.
Stating that the people have not really understood the true meaning of democracy, Union Law Minister Kapil Sibal has said democracy needs to go beyond the electoral process.
All security arrangements have been made for smooth conduct of counting of votes on Sunday in Chhattisgarh, which went to polls last month.
In a fresh jibe, BJP on Thursday said that defeat was staring at Congress ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, a contention which the ruling party dismissed saying it will form the next coalition government even if it loses seats.
BJP said the Congress is demoralised at the prospect of losing the Assembly elections and may fail to respond to this crisis as it continues to be dependent on one dynasty for its survival.
In a first, the Delhi Chief Electoral Office will keep a "live watch" on 630 critical booths through web-casting to deter people from indulging in any nuisance on the polling day.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said that assembly polls in five states would be a referendum ahead of next year`s Lok Sabha polls.
Contrary to the claims of it being a political game changer, social media is yet to be fully embraced by politicians slugging it out for top honors in upcoming Delhi polls. The new kid on the block Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is no exception.
The Election Commission Monday appealed to all political parties contesting the Delhi Assembly elections to refrain from activities that sabotage the tranquillity of the poll campaign.
Election Commission has come out strongly against government`s rejection of its long pending proposal for cooling off period for bureaucrats joining any political party.
The BJP is likely to make a comeback in Rajasthan by winning 105 of the total 200 seats, said a survey on Thursday.
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- IAF's latest weapon - 'Go/No-Go' pills!
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- AIIMS hand over Divyansh's post-mortem report to Delhi police
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Varanasi: Goons attack history-sheeter outside Kashi Vishwanath temple
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- West Bengal: Car with Ministry of Defence plate seized in Burdwan, six arrested
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- `Would you sleep with me tonight?` - Drunk German asked TV reporter live on air: Watch
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Met Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan in 2002, he inspired me to join Lashkar: David Headley tells Mumbai court