Drugs cheats can run but they cannot hide as testers can wait for years to retest samples that will eventually root out any doping offenders, World Anti-Doping Agency chief Craig Reedie said on Friday.
Argentina`s four-time Olympic sailing medal winner Carlos Espinola has been appointed the new sports minister by President Cristina Fernandez.
Yao Ming has said the Beijing Olympics, where he will lead China`s basketball challenge, will be his last.
Beijing Games organisers will be hoping that the exciting crop of competitors in the blue riband event of athletics can dispel the sordid spectre of doping and provide a feast of top-class sport.
Athens Olympics silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore will be the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent in the Beijing Olympics starting Aug 8, the Indian Olympic Association announced Monday.
Foreign and local protesters who want to speak out against the Beijing Olympics are required to apply five days in advance, and not harm "national interests," the security chief for the Olympic organizing committee said.
Crowds roared with delight and waved hundreds of Chinese flags in welcome as the Olympic torch began an emotional tour of Sichuan on Sunday, three months after a powerful quake devastated large swaths of the lush, mountainous province.
Lionel Messi and Ronaldinho have been given rapturous receptions on their arrival in China for the Olympic soccer tournament but a ruling from the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) is threatening to take some gloss off the contest.
Under the slogan "We are all Chinese", nine German Olympians have posed in their sports kit for a Munich magazine while holding pictures of Chinese dissidents in front of their faces.
Olympic chief Jacques Rogge said Saturday he did not agree to Internet restrictions on foreign media in Beijing, describing the situation as "not good", just six days before the start of the Games.
A full solar eclipse will sweep across the Arctic and Siberia before ending in western China, where it will kick off the month in which Beijing hosts the Olympic Games.
With only one week to go before the Beijing Olympics, Russia suddenly has its own version of a BALCO doping scandal involving some of the track team`s biggest stars.
With talent, opportunity and sponsors at their disposal, there is "absolutely no excuse" for Indians not to perform well in the Beijing Olympics, says legendary tennis player Vijay Amritraj.
Beijing Olympics organisers said on Friday they had a contingency plan for the marathon should pollution force a rescheduling or a postponement of the Games` final athletics competition.
Indian hockey team failed to qualify for the Olympics for the first time, and in a well-planned mission the ad-hoc committee will send four coaches to Beijing to prepare a blueprint for success in future.
When Saudi Arabia`s Olympic team appears in Beijing next month, it will be conspicuous for the absence of women.
Media censorship, doping and chronic air pollution threatening the Beijing Olympics are among the main issues to be discussed when President Jacques Rogge and other top IOC officials meet this weekend for a final review ahead of the games` opening. The International Olympic Committee and the Chinese organizers are under fire for failing to deliver on pledges of unblocked Internet access, TV reporting freedoms and clean air.
In Athens Olympics they were foxed by turbulent weather conditions, but this time around the Indian archers are better prepared to face the eventuality and are leaving no stones unturned for a medal in Beijing.
One secret`s out for next week`s Beijing Olympics opening ceremony, but a big one still remains. South Korean television footage shot at a dress rehearsal this week breached the secrecy surrounding the Beijing Olympic Games` opening ceremony and offered a first glimpse of the elaborate production.
Two athletes have been kicked off Romania`s Olympic squad after testing positive for the banned blood booster EPO, it was announced.
Eight years after agonisingly missing out on their first Olympic boxing medal, Indian boxers will enter the ring in Beijing buoyed by their impressive showing in the build-up to the Games which start next week.
The Olympics in the modern times began in 1896, thanks to Baron Coubertin of France, who brought the Games back to life centuries after the ancient Greeks` annual sports event slipped into oblivion. But there were many earlier attempts to revive the classical Greek tradition, and a lot of the evidence for those attempts can be seen on the most mundane of objects: the key chain.
Olympic host Beijing saw hazy pollution lift on Tuesday, but a damning Amnesty International report brought into sharp view tensions over China`s human rights policies ten days before the Games begin.
All holiday is cancelled for police in Tibet until the end of the Olympics, state media said Wednesday, signalling concern that unrest in the region could tarnish the Games.
China has stepped up security at one of Beijing`s most sensitive locations, Tiananmen Square, just days ahead of the Olympics, state media reported on Wednesday.
Star tennis duo of Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have kept aside their differences and come together to enhance India`s medal prospects in the Beijing Olympics but whether the ageing duo can recreate their magic remains to be seen.
Female hockey players from Britain are to wear red contact lenses to beat the smog in Beijing during next month``s Olympics.
Some International Olympic Committee officials cut a deal to let China block sensitive websites despite promises of unrestricted access, a senior IOC official admitted on Wednesday.
From spitting and booing to full-scale riots, Chinese fans loom as a potential public relations disaster for the Beijing Olympics.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani