India`s next moon mission, Chandrayaan II, will be launched in 2013-14, ISRO chairman K. Radhakrishnan said here Saturday.
Chandrayaan was the 1st mooncraft to have confirmed presence of water on moon.
India`s Prof J N Goswami and Dr M
Chakrabarty are among the scientists from 13 agencies from the
USA and India who authored and published the Mini-SAR`s
findings in the journal, "Geophysical Research Letters".
ISRO would finalise in a couple
of months the payloads from the international community to be
carried on Chandrayaan-II moon mission, the space agency`s
Chairman K Radhakrishnan said today.
After the unmanned Chandrayaan-I,
the country wants to send a manned mission to the moon,
President Pratibha Patil said on Saturday.
A leading NASA scientist,who has been arrested on charges of spying for Israel, was denied bail after prosecutors said he was a "walking safe deposit box" of government secrets.
NASA`s much-hyped mission to hurl a spacecraft into the moon turned out some worthwhile data after all, scientists said.
After the success of Chandrayaan-1, renowned astrophysicist Dr
Jayant Narlikar has said that attempts should be made to find
out whether there is life in the form of micro-organism on the
India is mulling exploring lunar surface deeper for water in its next odyssey.
Discovery of water on the moon by India`s maiden lunar mission Chandrayaan-1 may bolster US space agency NASA`s long-held goal of setting up an outpost there, a US researcher says.
Speculation is rife among space scientists that the quest for water on the moon may have reached a climactic end with the discovery of “a lot of water” by an instrument on board Chandrayaan-I.
Indian media should stop criticising the ISRO for abruptly terminating Chandrayaan-1, a European space scientist said.
A NASA scientist has said that
his joint experiment with ISRO to look for ice in a
permanently shadowed crater near the moon`s North Pole using
Chandrayaan-I had failed.
India`s maiden moon mission has captured a halo around the site where US spacecraft Apollo-15 had landed on the lunar surface nearly four decades ago.
A Chandrayaan-1 Moon mission
payload has enabled scientists to study the interaction
between the solar wind and a planetary body like Moon without
a magnetic field, a meeting convened by ISRO was told.
Top international space scientists Monday lauded India`s maiden lunar mission for the excellent quality of the data sent by Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft, a senior space agency official said.
India’s first Moon mission became casualty of unforeseen high temperatures.
Chandrayaan`s moon mineralogy mapper has confirmed that the moon was once completely molten.
Three days after the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) admitted the abrupt end of its Chandrayaan-1 mission, a leading US-based scientist associated with the project Wednesday termed it "a complete success".
ISRO chief Madhavan Nair has formally called off the Chandrayaan-I mission.
ISRO chief Madhavan Nair on Saturday
virtually admitted that the Chandrayaan-I moon mission could
be over, saying it is a "pretty difficult" situation.
ISRO lost radio contact with India`s first lunarcraft Chandrayaan-1 early Saturday.
Noting that India`s space
programme faces several challenges, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh today said the Space Vision 2025 should reflect how the
country could more effectively harness space technology for
India plans to power some parts of
the Chandrayaan II with nuclear energy and the feasibility studies are being
carried out by Indian Space Research Organisation and Bhabha
Atomic Research Centre.
India’s first lunar mission Chandrayaan-1 has captured the shadow of the moon on the earth’s surface during the July 22 total solar eclipse, an Indian space agency official said Tuesday.
India`s maiden unmanned Moon mission Chandrayaan-I completes 100 days tomorrow.
The success of country`s maiden Moon mission is symbolic of what India could be in future.
An experiment onboard India`s
maiden moon mission -- Chandrayaan-I -- has found iron-bearing
minerals in abundance on the lunar surface, initial reports
ISRO’s Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft has inaugurated 3-D imaging of the moon, revealing new information about the lunar surface.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with cast of 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Wish I could be just away from all and be alone: Amitabh Bachchan
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Japan bullet train suicide fire: Two killed after cardiac arrest
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?