Much drama and little consequential action characterised the Doha climate talks today as parties traded barbs over the issues of climate finances and emission reduction targets.
As the Doha climate talks enter into a high level round, negotiations remained deadlocked over the climate financing for developing countries and crucial issues around the second commitment period of Kyoto Protocol.
Let’s wait and watch if the political will of the world leaders attending the crucial climate conference exists or will we have to wait for some more climate disasters to serve as eye-openers.
In Doha, delegates from over 190 countries gathered for discussions on major issues relating to global anti-warming efforts.
As delegates from nearly 200 countries descend on Doha in Qatar, starting from 26 November till 7 December for the 18th session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC, the focus would be on the extension of Kyoto protocol which expires at the end of the year.
India has always raised concerns on the successful conclusion of the stalled Doha round to settle trade and protectionism issues, although there has been no headway into this.
Thousands of climate experts, government negotiators and activists will gather in Qatar for the global climate meet.
Rising levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere may double the size of the hardy sweet potato - which is increasingly becoming a staple food in Asia and Africa, researchers say.
There is a lot of mistrust among developed and developing countries on various issues ahead of the United Nations (UN) climate change talks that start in Qatar next week, said a senior UN official.
Ahead of the UN climate change conference, India and China have said that the Kyoto Protocol will remain a key point of negotiations in Doha.
Concentration level of carbon dioxide, the key global warming pollutant in the atmosphere touched a record high level in the air in 2011, the UN weather agency said Tuesday.
This year`s climate conference will start in Doha from November 26 and countries will try to hammer out a new legal agreement agreed under the Durban climate package last year.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!