A group of Russian politicians have urged national TV networks to show restraint in broadcasting material suggesting the end of the world is nigh.
Now, SM Krishna has accused the media of hyping up the incidents of attacks on Indian in Australia.
Los Angeles, Mar 23: In a star-studded luncheon at the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica, California, the arthouse movie industry's version of the Oscars, celebrities blasted U.S. President George W. Bush and the American-led war against Iraq.
Los Angeles, Mar 23: Hollywood is forging ahead with final preparations for the 75th annual Academy Awards, the traditional high point of the film year that is fighting not to become a casualty of war with Iraq.
Los Angeles, Mar 23: As preparations for the Academy Awards reach a fever pitch, some well-known Mexican actors and directors are getting their moment in the spotlight. The talent behind the smash hit 'The Crime of Father Amaro' spoke to Reuters about their excitement at being recognized, other films nominated and about their own controversial picture.
Hollywood, Mar 22: The Oscars will go ahead this weekend, despite fears that Hollywood's big night may be derailed by war as US-led forces unleash a ferocious new phase in the war in Iraq, organisers have said.
Los Angeles, Mar 22: Regardless of the war in Iraq, Academy Award organizers in Hollywood, California say the "show must go on" as plans to air the Oscars on Sunday, March 23 continue barring any last minute decisions by ABC television network to postpone the show.
California, Mar 22: The 75th anniversary of the Academy Awards scheduled for Sunday (March 23) celebrates excellence in the arts and for the first time in Oscar history, recognizes ten (10) nominations for Latino/Hispanic artists and movies.
London, Mar 21: Actress Angelina Jolie was left frockless for Sunday's Academy Awards after the gown she planned to wear was stolen from the car of British designer Scott Henshall in central London.
California, Mar 21: With less than a week to go until the Academy Awards in Los Angeles, the race is heating up for the title of best actress. This year's nominees are Salma Hayek for "Frida," Nicole Kidman for "The Hours," Diane Lane for "Unfaithful," Julianne Moore for "Far From Heaven," and Renee Zellweger for "Chicago."
Los Angeles, Mar 21: Despite the outbreak of hostilities in the Middle East, organizers at the Academy Awards are continuing to prepare for this Sunday's Oscars event. Craftsmen and producers were busy at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on Thursday (March 20, 2003) as they put finishing touches on stage decorations and conducted technical rehearsals.
Los Angeles, Mar 20: The winds of war with Iraq have blown away some of the glamour of the Oscars red carpet, setting the stage for a night of sombre sartorial splendour instead of Hollywood's traditional night of fashion glitz.
Los Angeles, Mar 20: With the Academy Awards in Los Angeles just days away, the race is heating up for the title of best motion picture. This year`s nominees are
Tokyo, Mar 20: As the clock ticks down to the Academy Awards ceremony on Sunday, Japan's movie moguls are hoping that an animated film will be the first full-length work to bring an Oscar home in nearly half a century.
Los Angeles, Mar 19: Academy Awards officials have said that Sunday's Oscars presentation show will go on but they have canceled the ''red carpet'' entrance of the stars because of the looming war with Iraq.
Canberra, Mar 19: As Oscar fever grips Australia, Nicole Kidman is refusing to be swept away by expectation that she will be the first Australian to win the coveted Academy Award for best female actress.
Beverly Hills, Mar 19: With less than two weeks to go until the Academy Awards in Los Angeles, the race is heating up for the title of best actor. This year's nominees are Daniel Day-Lewis, Jack Nicholson, Adrien Brody, Michael Caine and Nicolas Cage.
Los Angeles, Mar 19: Oscar organizers officially stuck to the "show must go on" script on Tuesday (March 18, 2003) but announced that they will modify Sunday's Academy Awards program to reduce the traditional emphasis on style and glamour. Meanwhile, industry watchers and ordinary Americans reflected on the wisdom of staging a glitzy awards show, even as the nation stands on the brink of war.
Los Angeles, Mar 19: Oscar organizers have officially stuck to the ''show must go on'' script for Sunday's Academy Awards ceremony but were glued to TV news broadcasts on the brink of a war that could spoil or delay Hollywood's biggest annual party.
Mexico City, Mar 18: Oscar-nominated actress Salma Hayek took her film "Frida" home to her native Mexico for a massive free show in the capital, Mexico City. As the first mexican to be nominated for an Academy Award, she commented on her chances of winning the Oscar.
Beverly Hills, Mar 18: With less than two weeks to go until the Academy Awards in Los Angeles, the race is heating up for the title of best foreign language film. This year's nominees are 'The Crime of Father Amaro' from Mexico, 'Hero' from The People's Republic of China, 'The Man Without a Past' from Finland, 'Nowhere in Africa' from Germany, and 'Zus and Zo' from The Netherlands.
Hollywood, Mar 18: "Bringing Down the House," starring Oscar nominee Queen Latifah, was the No. 1 movie for the second successive weekend at the North American box office. The on-screen comic pairing of Steve Martin and Latifah is intended as a satire of racism in America. "House" seemed to benefit from the Oscar buzz generated by Latifah's best supporting actress nomination for her work in "Chicago."
Hollywood, Mar 18: Organisers of the Academy Awards dismissed speculation in Hollywood that this year's Oscars ceremony could be delayed due to imminent war with Iraq.
Hollywood, Mar 16: Even Oscar night has a "Plan B," should the threat of a war with Iraq eclipse the presentation of Hollywood's top honours, only a week away.
Los Angeles, Mar 15: Oscars organisers have issued a rare public rebuke to studios to keep it clean after the re-emergence of alleged dirty tactics in the frenzied campaigns to win gold at this year`s Academy Awards.
Los Angeles, Mar 15: The Chinese entry is full of mystical martial arts while Mexico provides priests and a young virgin (not for long). Meanwhile, the Dutch candidate features three sisters trying to prevent their gay brother from marrying.
Los Angeles, Mar 14: With less than two weeks to go until the Academy Awards in Los Angeles, the race is heating up for the title of best supporting actor. This year's nominees are Christopher Walken, Paul Newman, John C. Reilly, Ed Harris, and Chris Cooper.
Los Angeles, Mar 13: Nicole did it by hiding herself behind a false nose and a dowdy hairdo. Renee got there by showing off her legs plus her previously unknown talents as a singer and dancer.
Hollywood, Mar 12: War with Iraq or no war, the Oscars show will go on, organisers have vowed, as they brought together the class of 2002 for the annual nominees' lunch and delivered the traditional and often ignored warning about keeping acceptance speeches short and sweet.
Los Angeles, Mar 12: You might say, ''He had it coming.'' Rob Marshall, director and choreographer of movie musical ''Chicago'' has had it coming ever since he was 15 years-old and danced to the Broadway show's tunes in his home.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF