Japan lifted a tsunami advisory early Saturday after a minor wave was monitored along large areas of the country`s northeastern Pacific coast following a strong 6.8-magnitude earthquake, authorities said.
Japan issued a tsunami advisory early Saturday after a strong 6.8-magnitude quake struck in the Pacific off Fukushima prefecture, authorities said.
A 5.7-magnitude quake hit off the coast of northeast Japan today, seismologists said, but there were no immediate reports of damage.
A shallow 5.4-magnitude earthquake hit eastern Japan Tuesday, rocking buildings in Tokyo but there were no reports of any damage, seismologists said.
A 5.7-magnitude earthquake hit eastern Japan Tuesday morning, seismologists reported.
An earthquake of magnitude 7.3 struck on Friday off Japan`s east coast, the US Geological Survey said, triggering small tsunamis but causing no apparent damage.
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake reportedly struck Honshu island on Saturday but no tsunami warning was issued.
A 6.1-magnitude earthquake struck off the south coast of Japan`s main Honshu island on Sunday, the United States Geological Survey said, but no tsunami warning was issued.
Shinzo Abe addressed his country on the two-year anniversary of the devastating earthquake and tsunami, saying there is still help needed to eliminate the consequences of the natural calamity.
The great Tohoku earthquake that struck Japan in 2011, triggering a powerful tsunami that killed more than 16000 people, was so massive that its effects were even felt at the edge of space.
The magnitude-9 earthquake in Japan two years ago was so big that its effects were even felt in space.
At least five people were injured in Miyagi after the quake.
A strong earthquake shook northern Japan, causing small tidal changes on its Pacific coastline but no damage or injury was reported.
The height of a tsunami wave when it approaches a coastline is influenced greatly by the topography of the seafloor near the coast.
A year after earthquake hit Japan`s northeast coast, the country is still grappling with the human, economic and political costs.
Natural disasters cost the global economy 380 billion dollars last year, making it the costliest year ever recorded.
Earthquakes are common in Japan, one of the world`s most seismically active areas.
The revelation may call for a review of preparedness against quakes in Japan.
Naoto Kan is fighting criticism over his handling of the aftermath of March 11 quake and tsunami.
The tremor did not disrupt the emergency crews working to cool reactors.
Worries also lingered over the impact of radioactive spills on marine life.
Russia`s nuclear chief said Japan may be seeking to reduce liabilities of insurance companies.
Toshiba Corp has proposed a 10-year plan to decommission four reactors.
Japan`s industry minister donned full protective gear for his brief trip.
Japan`s neighbors sound increasingly alarmed over the risk of radiation.
A tsunami-pummelled coast has been largely off-limits due to a nuclear plant.
Hillary Clinton assures that US will be with Japan "every step of the way".
Japan pumped nitrogen gas into a crippled nuclear reactor on Thursday.
Still 11,500 tons of contaminated water needs to be pumped back into ocean.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- I hated my daughter Sheena Bora because she threatened to reveal my secrets: Indrani Mukerjea
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: How Indrani's four attempts to kill Mikhail failed
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- We can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Pakistan's defence minister
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- Bangladesh ex-PM calls opposition alliance meeting