The Tamil Nadu government today protested against Karnataka's "unilateral action" of constructing a reservoir across river Cauvery at Mekedatu and sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention in the matter.
The DMK on Saturday called for the removal of portraits of the late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa from government offices, saying she was convicted in an assets case.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has come out in support of O. Panneerselvam's judicial inquiry demand into Jayalalithaa's 'mysterious' death.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the airport here tonight.
Describing Lord Shiva as symbol of inclusiveness, the Prime Minister said that Shiva along with Goddess Parvathi denote oneness.
Police also arrested 17 workers of a fringe outfit when they attempted to stage a demonstration against Modi's visit near the airport.
The statue, a stone curved face of Lord Shiva, has been installed at the premises of Isha Foundation, dedicated to its founder Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.
Late Tamil Nadu chief minister J. Jayalalithaa's niece Deepa Jayakumar on Friday said she would surely contest elections from the former's constituency, R.K. Nagar, in the next elections.
Deepa Jayakumar first shot into limelight when she alleged that she was not allowed to meet her aunt Jayalalithaa when she was hospitalised for 75 days.
A day after DMK leader M K Stalin met President Pranab Mukherjee and submitted a memorandum on the events that took place in Tamil Nadu assembly last week, he met Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday.
Jayalalithaa died on December 5 after being admitted in Apollo Hospitals for 75 days.
J Jayalalithaa's nephew Deepak Jayakumar has also staked claim to the late former chief minister's Poes Garden residence and other properties.
Despite the current political turbulence in the state, there is no let-up in zeal and extravagance when it comes to celebrating the birthday of late Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam working president MK Stalin also plans to meet Communist Party of India (Marxist) general secretary Sitaram Yechury afterwards.
This is said to be the largest sculpture of the face of Lord Shiva on the planet.
DMK leader M K Stalin today requested Speaker P Dhanapal to provide him with the unedited footage of the February 18 trust vote proceedings in the Tamil Nadu Assembly in order to enable him to produce the same in front of the High Court, as demanded by the latter.
AIADMK general secretary VK Sasikala had appointed her nephew Dinakaran as party deputy general secretary on February 15, ahead of surrendering before the court.
Nine fishermen from this district were arrested for allegedly using "banned fishing nets" while fishing off Pudukudi coast here on Thursday, marine police said.
DMK working president MK Stalin today left for New Delhi to meet President Pranab Mukherjee to apprise him of the incidents that unfolded during the February 18 trust vote.
MK Stalin said he would head a DMK delegation to Delhi tomorrow to submit a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee.
DMK chief Stalin had said on February 19 that passing of trust vote after forcible en-masse eviction of his party legislators from the Assembly was against the traditions and House rules.
The Madras High Court today directed the DMK to produce video clippings or any other recordings to substantiate its claim that the trust vote on February 18 was in contravention of the Assembly rules.
In a bid to put an end to the bull-taming sport of Tamil Nadu, Jallikattu, and the buffalo race of Karnataka, Kambala, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on Wednesday said it will move the Supreme Court challenging the legislation passed by the assemblies of both states for having allowed these sports.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday sought credible evidence to prove that the AIADMK MLAs were held captive in a resort in Kuvathoor and also the video evidence of the proceedings in the Tamil Nadu Assembly during Chief Minister`s Edapadi Palaniswami`s trust vote.
'Cyanide' Mallika, a convicted serial killer who was lodged in a cell next to the one in which AIADMK leader VK Sasikala has been put in Parappana Agrahara central prison, has now been shifted, reports said on Wednesday.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday adjourned the DMK petition challenging Edappadi K Palaniswami's winning trust vote in the Tamil Nadu assembly till Monday.
DMK Working President MK Stalin along with party leaders on Wednesday began their day-long hunger strike protest in Tiruchi against the forcible eviction of party MLAs from Tamil Nadu assembly during the trust vote on February 18.
On Saturday, amidst chaotic scenes involving DMK which eventually led to eviction of its members enmasse, the Palaniswami government won the trust vote by the huge margin.
AIADMK Presidium Chairman KA Sengottaiyan will lead the 69th birthday celebrations of former party chief and late J Jayalalithaa, on February 24.
The Madras High Court will on Tuesday hear a petition moved by Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the Tamil Nadu State Assembly be declared null and void.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- With love from Pakistan: Grant Elliot's unique PSL celebration has conquered the world — WATCH
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office