With a "stable" government in place, Tamil Nadu will see a new era of development to realise late J Jayalalithaa's dreams under the guidance of V K Sasikala, senior AIADMK leader Thambidurai said today.
The girl went missing from her house in the 26th Block of Tsunami Quarters in Ennore on Saturday evening.
Newly-sworn in Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a series of sops on Monday, that were a part of AIADMK's poll promise, on his first day in office.
: The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Monday approached the Madras High Court demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the State Assembly be declared null and void.
Earlier, DMK leader MK Stalin had urged the Tamil Nadu Governor to nullify the Assembly proceedings of Saturday when Palaniswami won the confidence vote amid bedlam.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea regarding the dispute on Cauvery river between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami had on Saturday comfortably won the vote of confidence in the state Assembly.
DMK today appealed to Tamil Nadu Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao to "nullify" the vote of confidence won by Sasikala loyalist E K Palaniswami, alleging it was adopted by contravening the rules of the state Assembly.
A local AIADMK MLA today alleged he was receiving threat calls over phone for voting in favour of Edappadi K Palaniswami government in the Assembly.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, along with his cabinet colleagues on Sunday called on Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao at the Raj Bhavan here.
DMK has announced a statewide hunger strike on February 22 against the trust vote in Tamil Nadu assembly.
The Chennai Police has registered a First Information Report (FIR) against DMK Working President and Leader of the Opposition MK Stalin for holding a protest in Chennai on Saturday.
Blaming the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) for the ruckus that took place in the Tamil Nadu Assembly during the floor test, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said that DMK MLAs were the ones who created chaos in the assembly while AIADMK MLAs sat quietly.
"The agenda of the Speaker is to go ahead with voting and announce that the Chief Minister has succeeded in getting the confidence of the House, in the absence of the DMK members. This is totally a foul play and unconstitutional," the letter stated.
Palaniswami was apparently referring to Sasikala's earlier assertion that Jayalalithaa's government would continue in the state.
The proceedings witnessed an absolute pandemonium during which the mikes were uprooted, chairs toppled and sheets of papers torn and hurled around.
Declaring the result of the confidence vote, won by the government with a 122-11 margin, he also charged DMK with stalling the House proceedings.
"People of Tamil Nadu will decide whether the resolution passed today (electing Edappadi K Palanisami) in the Assembly is valid or not," Panneerselvam told reporters at the Secretariat.
DMK's Working President Stalin, along with party MLAs, sat on protest near the Mahatma Gandhi statue on the Marina beach.
DMK working president MK Stalin on Saturday sat in protest near the Mahatma Gandhi statue on Marina beach against the manner in which he and his party legislators were evicted from the state assembly.
Tamil Nadu Assembly on Saturday witnessed unruly scenes when DMK members gheraoed Speaker P Dhanapal seeking secret ballot for the trust vote, who subsequently left the House with marshals escorting him, stalling the proceedings.
Amid pandemonium, the Tamil Nadu assembly Speaker P. Dhanapal on Saturday sent out legislators belonging to DMK for creating ruckus and adjourned the House till 3 p.m.
Bharatiya Janata Party MP Subramanian Swamy on Saturday termed Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) a violent and anti-national party.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Saturday moved a motion of confidence in the assembly in favour of his government.
The O Panneerselvam camp has appointed sitting MLA Semmalai as the party whip and sent a letter to the Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal to this effect.
Hours before Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami seeks a vote of confidence in the Tamil Nadu assembly on Saturday, Arun Kumar, a legislator from Coimbatore North has also jumped shift.
Palaniswami, 63, a senior leader in the ruling AIADMK of the VK Sasikala camp, was sworn in on Thursday. He needs the support of 117 legislators to continue in the post.
On Thursday, Edappadi K Palaniswami, of the Saskala camp, was sworn in as Chief Minister and 30 ministers also took oath.
Sasikala is reportedly not talking to anyone and has even refused requests by party leaders for an audience.
The Madras High Court today directed the government pleader to get instructions from Tamil Nadu government in connection with a PIL alleging violations by Isha Foundation in construction around the proposed 112-foot statue of Lord Siva at its yoga centre in Coimbatore district.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati - Part II
- DNA: NonStop News
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- #IPL2017auction: Ben Stokes hogs limelight, goes to Rising Pune Supergiants for massive Rs 14.5 crore
- Bengaluru shamed again! Biker sexually assaults air hostess in posh residential area, tears her top
- DELHI HORROR! Girl raped near Hauz Khas village while returning from party
- Disclose what Nathuram Godse said during trial; Mahatma Gandhi's legacy too big to be destroyed: CIC