Ousted AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran claimed on Monday that his aunt and ‘expelled’ party General Secretary VK Sasikala has a video recording of former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa when she was under going treatment at a hospital here.
In a significant development, senior Tamil Nadu minister and AIADMK leader Dindigul Srinivasan on Saturday claimed that afraid of party Sasikala, party leaders lied about Jayalalithaa's health last year so that people believe that she was improving.
Ever since Jayalalithaa's death, there have been hints of foul play over her death, with critics pointing fingers at the now jailed Sasikala.
The Election Commission will hear the dispute over the 'two leaves' symbol of the AIADMK on October 6, six months after it was frozen when the two warring factions of the party had staked claim to it.
In a big boost to the K Palaniswami-led faction of the ruling AIADMK, a party MP from the rival TTV Dhinakaran-led camp on Friday switched sides to extend support to the state's Chief Minister.
Five persons were killed and one seriously injured when their SUV fell from a flyover after hitting a Tamil Nadu government bus at Thekkalur in nearby Tirupur district today, police said.
The Election Commission of India on Thursday told the factions of the AIDMK that it will hear their competing claims to the party's frozen 'two leaves' poll symbol on October 5.
The Madras High Court was on Wednesday informed that a FIR has already been registered by the police over the alleged bribery of voters in R K Nagar assembly segment here.
The PIL was filed by DMK MLA Palanivel Thiagarajan here seeking to suspend the admission to MBBS courses in the state colleges till the prayer regarding dual nativity certificates was resolved.
The incident came to light recently, as the girl complained of severe stomach pain and doctors who attended to her revealed that she was five months pregnant, police said.
Political developments in Tamil Nadu in the wake of disqualification of 18 AIADMK MLAs gathered momentum on Tuesday with the arrival of Governor C. Vidyasagar Rao here and the Madras High Court set to hear the petition of the legislators against the Speaker's action.
Tamil Nadu on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that Karnataka can`t have freedom of choice on the use of its share of Cauvery water as it would alter the 2007 Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award.
Adding a fresh twist to the ongoing infighting in Tamil Nadu's ruling party AIADMK, the Madras High Court on Tuesday allowed the plea of 18 disqualified AIADMK MLAs for urgent hearing on Wednesday.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker on Monday disqualified 18 AIADMK MLAs.
Because of this “cordiality”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised full support to the state government, he reportedly said.
The Tamil Nadu State Election Commission (TNSEC) on Monday moved to the Madras High Court to defer the local body polls.
The move would ensure that there is no nexus between corporates and political parties.
In a major blow to ousted AIADMK deputy general secretary TTV Dhinakaran, the Speaker of Tamil Nadu's State Assembly, P Dhanapal, on Monday disqualified 18 MLAs loyal to him.
The Madras High Court on Friday directed the Election Commission to decide before October 31 the matter related to the AIADMK's 'two leaves' symbol, frozen by the poll body in March after two factions of the party staked claim to it.
TTV Dhinakaran said the meeting will be held at Uzhavar Sandhai grounds at Tiruchirappalli at 4.30 pm on September 19.
The Madurai Bench of Madras High Court on Friday directed the Election Commission to decide which faction of the AIADMK will get two leaves symbol before October 31.
Tamil Nadu has traditionally been a state where leading film actors transformed into leading mainstream politicians. This includes J Jayalalithaa, M G Ramachandran, and Vijayakanth.
Amid escalating infighting in Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK, the TTV Dhinakaran faction of the party on Thursday moved a plea in the Madras High Court seeking a floor test in the state assembly.
Several opposition parties including DMK and Congress staged a protest against NEET in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday.
VK Sasikala's nephew TTV Dhinakaran, who along with his aunt was sacked from the party posts, on Wednesday removed Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisami from the post of party headquarter secretary.
Taking a serious view of the online Blue Whale Challenge game, the Madras High Court today directed the Centre to ensure that Indian subsidiaries of technology companies and websites compulsorily followed Indian rules and law.
The DMK on Monday moved the Madras High Court, seeking a direction to the Tamil Nadu governor to order a floor test for the K Palaniswami-led state government in the Assembly in the wake of a group of ruling AIADMK MLAs withdrawing support to the chief minister.
MK Stalin had on Sunday called on the Governor and urged him to direct the state government to prove its majority in the assembly within a week.
Ousted AIADMK Deputy General Secretary TTV Dhinakaran on Tuesday warned that he will throw the incumbent K Palaniswami-led government in Tamil Nadu after the ruling AIADMK General Council removed him and his aunt V K Sasikala from top positions in the party.
In a major development, the General Council of AIADMK on Tuesday passed a unanimous resolution expelling VK Sasikala as the general secretary of Tamil Nadu's ruling party.
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- Encounter ends in J&K's Uri, 3 terrorists killed
- Violence at BHU is conspiracy, says VC Girish Chandra Tripathi
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Watch: Glenn Maxwell st MS Dhoni b Yuzvendra Chahal, again
- Scientists design novel aluminium that floats on water
- Falahari Maharaj asked victim to lick honey from his tongue before raping
- Watch: Indore erupts to Hardik Pandya's scorcher against David Warner
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Baahubali loses to Newton in Oscar race - SS Rajamouli reacts
- BJP leader Subramanian Swamy slams protesters over BHU molestation case, says naxalite movement
- Trinamool MP Mukul Roy to quit party after Durga Puja