According to the researchers, the "Adylkuzz" attack is still growing.
As the world struggles to identify the cybercriminals behind the global ransowmware attack that hit 150 countries over the weekend, Neel Mehta, an Indian-origin security researcher working with Google, has claimed on Twitter that the hackers may have links to North Korea.
A cyber security firm on Tuesday said it has detected over 48,000 ransomware attack attempts in the country, with West Bengal witnessing the most incidents.
Ransomware is a type of malicious software that carries out the cryptoviral extortion attack from cryptovirology that blocks access to data until a ransom is paid and displays a message requesting payment to unlock it.
Ransomware is a type of malicious software that carries out the cryptoviral extortion attack from cryptovirology that blocks access to data until a ransom is paid and displays a message requesting payment to unlock it. Simple ransomware may lock the system in a way which is not difficult for a knowledgeable person to reverse.
India's cyber security unit CERT-In on Monday said it has not received any formal report of cyber attack on India's vital networks by the crippling global ransomware, 'WannaCry'.
Companies around the globe are preparing for an imminent cyber attack as the offices re-open on Monday, media reports said.
US and European officials scrambled to catch the culprits behind a massive ransomware worm that caused damage across the globe over the weekend, stopping car factories, hospitals, shops and schools, as Microsoft pinned blame on governments for not disclosing more software vulnerabilities.
Governments and computer experts girded Monday for a possible worsening of the global cyberattack that has hit more than 150 countries, as Microsoft warned against stockpiling vulnerabilities like the one at the heart of the crisis.
In face of ransomware virus threat to its information technology network, the Gujarat government has begun equipping its state computer system with anti-virus softwares and upgrading its Microsoft operating systems.
The IT ministry has reached out to key stakeholders like RBI, National Payments Corporation of India, NIC and UIDAI (Aadhaar) to advise them to protect their systems against 'Wanna Cry' ransomware to ensure that the digital payments ecosystem in the country is protected.
Critical infrastructure agencies including banks, airports, telecom networks and stock markets have been asked to take precautions to shield themselves against the crippling global ransomware attack 'WannaCry'.
Friday`s cyber attack hit 200,000 victims in at least 150 countries, the head of the European Union`s police agency said on Sunday, adding he feared that number would grow when people return to work on Monday.
Artificial intelligence or AI as it is called in cyber parlance, and believed to be the next big thing in information and technology, can play key role in good governance, a senior Microsoft official has said.
The ransomware encrypted data on the computers, demanding payments of $300 to $600 to restore access.
Apple plans to announce Amazon Prime video app to its Apple TV App Store during its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 5 in San Jose, California.
Before its own possible sale to rival Flipkart, e-commerce firm Snapdeal has announced its 'Unbox Dhamaka Sale' offering customers huge discounts and attractive deals.
The largest lender State Bank of India will introduce new facility that would enable withdrawal of cash through ATMs using the bank's mobile wallet.
Java Development Kit 9 had its planned release for July 27.
Apple has acquired a sleep tracking app and hardware maker Beddit, the Finnish startup said on its website.
Amazon is giving its voice-enabled Echo speaker a touch screen and video-calling capabilities as it competes with Google's efforts at bringing "smarts" to the home.
While touch sensing is common on small, flat surfaces such as smartphone or tablet screens, researchers have now developed a technology to turn surfaces of a wide variety of shapes and sizes into touchpads using tools as simple as a can of spray paint.
Google has showed a doodle to honour the French ophthalmologist Ferdinand Monoyer’s 181st birth anniversary.
Markets regulator Sebi on Monday allowed investors to buy mutual fund schemes for up to Rs 50,000 through digital wallets, making it easier for them -- especially the young generation -- to purchase these instruments.
Telecom giant Bharti Airtel has partnered cab aggregator Ola to offer a range of digital services to customers.
Telecom regulator Trai will "look into" the complaints about operators doling out customised retention offers to influence subscribers who want to shift to a rival network.
Here is a list of 27 passwords, which you should strictly not use.
Months ahead of the festive season, e-commerce majors Flipkart and Amazon have announced sale, wooing customers with deals and big discounts.
Reliance Jio has topped the charts of mobile networks in March by registering an all-time high download speed of 18.48 megabit per second, as per the latest report published by telecom regulator Trai.
If rumours are to be believed, Microsoft may unveil its Windows 10 Cloud operating system.
- Pakistan is a 'well of death' says Uzma Ahmed
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- Jharkhand: Naxals attack railway station, set goods train engine on fire
- DNA: Passengers on Tejas Express steal headphones, damage screens
- 3 years of Modi govt: Zee Media's Exclusive with Radha Mohan Singh, Minister for Agriculture
- DNA: Analysing three years of Narendra Modi Government
- Watch: PM Modi inaugurates India's longest Dhola-Sadiya bridge in Assam
- DNA: Today in History, 25th May 2017
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- DNA: ISRO and NASA collaborates to develop world's most expensive earth imaging satellite 'NISAR'
- DNA: What is more important cricket or national interest?
- Exclusive: In conversation with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu over changes in Indian Railway
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- Virender Sehwag's tweet on Uzma Ahmed sums up everything that's good about India
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100
- Tral encounter: Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Pulwama; shutdown in Kashmir Valley
- West Bengal Madhyamik Result: WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared shortly; check wbresults.nic.in
- Hizbul Commander Sabzar Bhat killed: Know how Burhan Wani's successor was tracked by intelligence agencies
- 21 Lashkar terrorists preparing for 'big terror attack' in India; Delhi Police on high alert
- Indian Army foils ambush by Pakistan's Border Action Team in Uri, two attackers gunned down
- Video of weeping toddler trying to breastfeed on dead mother is heartbreaking
- Mitchell McCleneghan slams fan for anti-Muslim rant on Twitter
- 'Sachin: A Billion Dreams' movie review: You don't have to be a cricket fan to love this film