V Narayanasamy took strong exception to Kiran Bedi making field visits, calling meetings of officials at the Raj Nivas, holding meetings through video conferencing.
Puducherry government today said it proposed to offer cement at subsidised rates to low and middle-income groups people and name the scheme after Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Amit Shah's visit, according to BJP sources, is aimed at preparations for the 2019 General Elections.
Expressing confidence in the "adequate" security arrangements in the Andaman and Nicobar islands, a senior Indian Navy officer has said that the authorities should focus on developing the archipelago as a commercial hub.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has seized liquor worth over Rs 2.4 crore and three luxury cars after it conducted searches on a suspected liquor mafia here.
A Bharatiya Janata Party MP on Wednesday urged in the Rajya Sabha to change the name of Havelock island in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The woman is the niece of a former Congress MLA who lost in the recent Punjab Assembly Elections.
An earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter Scale hit Nicobar Islands Region around 08:21 am on Tuesday.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands all set to get its first railway track.
The Puducherry unit of DMK today extended support to the bandh call given by various Tamil outfits seeking restoration of jallikattu and to ban PETA.
The government had recently come out with a specific circular that all payments to contractors, government employees would be only through banks and digital transactions.
The latest friction in the ties between Kiran Bedi and the Puducherry govt came after the former cancelled the Chief Minister's order banning the use of WhatsApp for official communication.
Former Puducherry agriculture minister VMC Sivakumar was hacked to death by an unidentified gang here on Tuesday, police said.
At least 190 teams of trained volunteers visited more than 25,000 households spread across Daman and Diu to apprise their members of the benefits of cashless transactions.
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi has said that the territorial government's order to all departments to adopt digital transactions is a proof of its resolve to reduce corruption.
In a shot in the arm for BJP and Shiromani Akali Dal ahead of Punjab Assembly polls, their alliance today defeated Congress in Chandigarh municipal corporation election.
At least two United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) cadres have been neutralised by the Assam Rifles in an encounter in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Congress MLA Z Khikhonbou Newmai, representing Tamei constituency in Manipur, resigned from the Assembly and party on Wednesday.
The four-member legislature wing of the opposition AIADMK in Puducherry on Wednesday urged Sasikala, long time aide of former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, to take over the leadership of the party.
Havelock Island is the largest chain of Islands and is a famous tourist destination, and is located 40 km from the capital Port Blair.
The massive operation to rescue thousands of tourists stranded in Andaman and Nicobar's Havelock Island and Neil Island is currently underway after whether condition in the island showed some improvement.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that the government will launch the rescue operations in Andaman and Nicobar Islands immediately after the intensity of cyclone reduces.
Around 1,400 tourists are stranded at Havelock and Neil islands in the Andamans due to cyclonic weather conditions.
Havelock Island is the largest in the chain of islands that form the Ritchie's Archipelago and belongs to the Andamans.
Narayanasamy won the Nellipthope Assembly bypoll, by defeating his immediate AIADMK rival Om Sakthi Segar by a margin of 11,144 votes.
The by-election was held on Saturday following the resignation of Congress member John Kumar so that Narayanasamy could contest and continue as the Chief Minister.
Amid tight security, voting took place for polls in Thanjavur, Aravakkurichi and for bypolls in Thirupparankundram in Tamil Nadu and the lone Nellithope seat in neighbouring Puducherry.
The Communist Party of India (CPI) today alleged that there has been a spurt in atrocities against minorities and dalits in the country.
A medium intensity earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter Scale on Wednesday hit the Lakshadweep Sea region.
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Rain plays spoilsport after Shikhar Dhawan's 87
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Prabhas at Karan Johar’s bash: Here’s how Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor addressed him
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE