Four arrested in the neighbouring Shamli district for "illegally slaughtering buffaloes".
Uttar Pradesh News
The incident led to protests by locals.
Three wardens of district jail were suspended and departmental action was initiated against two others after a mobile phone and three sim cards were seized from the inmates.
An Election Commission team also took stock of the preparations and held meeting with Vidhan Sabha officials here last evening.
A married woman and her sister-in-law were allegedly set ablaze by family members in Anwla Ghat of Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district for marrying a man against their wishes.
"Intentions of the opposition are not honest towards Dalits, otherwise they would have fielded Kumar last time," Adityanath said.
A former village headman and his wife were killed after allegedly being ambushed by motorcycle-borne assailants on the NH 91 here.
All the were nominated by the previous Samajwadi Party government.
Announcing the new list of smart cities in Delhi, Naidu said 45 cities contested for the 40 available smart city slots but only 30 were selected to ensure their feasibility and workable plans.
The girl has been sent for medical examination and a case has been registered.
The party is also aiming a complete sweep in UP, as it plans to bag all the 80 Lok Sabha seats from the state, said UP BJP president and Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya.
The 'Power for All' pact was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power Piyush Goyal.
An FIR was registered against four persons under various provisions of the IPC and the Uttar Pradesh Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act, a police official said.
Mayawati had said on Monday that her party was positive about the NDA nominating Kovind but wished the ruling alliance had named a non-political Dalit candidate for the top post.
"Clad in white kurta-pyjama, 34-year-old Naseer performed almost all the yoga asanas on the International Yoga Day yesterday, but abstained from singing national song 'Vande Mataram'.
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Thursday felicitated 147 students with Rs 1 lakh and a tablet computer each for their excellent performance in the board exams this year.
According to the primary information, the woman belongs to Gurugram and was in the Sohna area at around 8-8:30 pm when some people, driving a Swift car, dragged her inside and raped her.
The incident took place in Aligarh's Bheekamapur village.
The election for the next President of India is to be held on July 17. President Pranab Mukherjee will demit office on July 24.
"The roza-iftar programme which was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled," Congress leader Dwijendra Tripathi told PTI.
Farmers under the banner of the Bhartiya Kisan Union performed 'shavasana' on the Lucknow-Barabanki Highway.
To make the third edition of International Yoga Day a grand success, PM Narendra Modi, UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and 51,000 participants will perform various yoga 'asanas' in Lucknow on Wednesday.
DJs, hockey sticks and tridents bigger than six inches will not be allowed to be carried by devotees during the annual 'kaanwar yatra' in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand and the National Capital Region, an official said on Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, while addressing the three-day UP Yoga Mahotsava in Lucknow, had said that Surya Namaskar was similar to namaz offered by Muslims.
While the three accused in the Greater Noida gang-rape continue to be on the run, the Uttar Pradesh Police surprised us again after two officials were caught taking a nap while on duty in their PCR van.
Those detained included some youth leaders belonging to the Samajwadi Party (SP).
The VHP has announced that construction work will begin within a year, notwithstanding whatever decision the Supreme Court takes on the Babri Masjid-Ram Janmabhoomi title suit.
Setting aside political differences, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has sent a dinner invitation to former state chief ministers, including Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati and Akhilesh Yadav, in honour of Prime Minister Narendra Modi here.
At least 11 people were injured in a clash that broke out after a group of people objected to loud music at a wedding reception at Khod Sama village in Shamli district.
The river front has witnessed a political showdown between the erstwhile Samajwadi Party regime in the state and the present Adityanath government.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift the Mahagathbandhan?
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE
- Vodafone users can get 45GB additional 4G data for 5 months on on recharge of 1GB – Know how