Over 1.84 crore voters will on Monday exercise their franchise to decide the fate of 617 candidates in 51 constituencies during the fifth phase of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
Uttar Pradesh News
UP Minister Vijay Mishra, Lucknow, Assmebly polls, Akhilesh Yadav
SP patron Mulayam Singh Yadav has punctured the 'cycle', while Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's feuding uncle Shivpal has broken its chain.
Polling for Alapur Assembly seat was postponed till the 9th of next month following the death of a Samajwadi Party candidate
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said the alliance between the Congress and Samajwadi Party is a tie-up between two youngsters.
Union Minister Manoj Singh on Sunday said he is not in the race for chief ministership in Uttar Pradesh.
The SP-Congress tie-up is an alliance between two youngsters which would change the course of politics both at the national and state levels, SP chief and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on Sunday.
The sensitive Terai region close to the foothills of Nepal and parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh are ready for the fifth phase of polling tomorrow in 51 Assembly constituencies spread across 11 districts.
A woman, said to be mentally disturbed, was found lying dead close to a skeleton in her house here on Saturday, police said.
A man was arrested and 369 cartons of illegal liquor, worth Rs 25 lakh, smuggled from Haryana were seized at Yamuna bridge checkpost in Kairana of Shamli district, police said on Sunday.
Responding to the FIR lodged against him for violating the poll code, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Uttar Pradesh Chief Keshav Prasad Maurya on Sunday defended himself saying that he simply `forgot` to take off the party symbol from his coat before casting the poll.
All political parties tried to put their best in the last round of campaigning, with CM Akhilesh Yadav, BSP chief Mayawati and senior BJP leaders seeking votes for their respective candidates.
The Uttar Pradesh government has covered the word "Samajwadi" written on 1,488 ambulances under its 'Samajwadi Swasthya Seva' initiative as per the directive of the Election Commission.
Union Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday cited a media report to claim that diaries seized during an IT raid on a Congress leader in Karnataka had mention of 'RG' and sought to know whom it refers to.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Saturday warning the people of Uttar Pradesh from falling for their promises made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah as they were dreaming of harming the state after winning the elections.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday accused Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav of shattering the dreams of his father Mulayam Singh Yadav by forging a poll alliance with the Congress.
Lucknow: The high-decibel campaign for the fifth phase of the crucial Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, which had touched a new low by a free flow of scornful words like "donkey, Kasab and kabootar", came to a close this evening.
Union minister for micro and small industries Kalraj Mishra today termed the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh as a "party of terrorists".
A newly-wed woman in Sarojini Nagar here allegedly made off with nearly Rs 2.5 lakh worth of jewellery from her husband's house on the first night of wedding, police said on Saturday.
BJP President Amit Shah today said the UP election was about changing the fate of the state which has been caught in a tug of war between 'bua-bhatija' Mayawati and Akhilesh Yadav.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said the BSP can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime as they are concentrating on ensuring that the SP does not move ahead.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national President Amit Shah on Friday targeted Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi after former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit's remarks that he needed more time to "mature", saying "immature Rahul should be kept at home" instead of being sent to Uttar Pradesh.
Senior Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan on Friday had a narrow escape on Friday as his helicopter had to make an emergency landing in Karand village near Jahangirabad here due to some technical snag, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday touched upon the 2016 Kanpur train tragedy and termed it as a "conspiracy" of the people "sitting across the border".
Citing that how Congress party has been sidelined by the people in Maharashtra, Prime Minister Narendra Modi hits out at the former over their downfall in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections 2017 while addressing an election rally in Gonda on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh of protecting and patronizing the "copying mafia" in the state which was harming the future of the youth.
Amit Shah`s response comes to Sheila Dikshit`s statement saying that Rahul Gandhi is not a mature politician but is ready to take over the reins of the party.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday greeted people on the occasion of Maha Shivratri
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday rejected Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s allegation that his government discriminated against a religion and favoured another.
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips bowlers apart to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!