Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has once again become a soft target of Twitterati for his ‘phata kurta’ comment which he made while addressing the 'Vijay Sankalp' convention for party workers in Uttarakhand recently.
Rohit Shekhar is the biological son of ND Tiwari and Ujjwala Sharma, who Tiwari married in 2014.
Vijay Bahuguna's son Saurabh has been given a ticket from Sitarganj, the seat his father represented in the last Vidhan Sabha.
In a setback to Congress party in Uttarakhand ahead of assembly polls, senior party leader and state minister Yashpal Arya joined BJP on Monday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party`s Central Election Committee meeting is scheduled to take place on Saturday, in order to select the candidates for the upcoming Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
With as many as 10 Congress rebels inducted into the party, BJP could face the problem of plenty in Uttarakhand in smooth distribution of tickets for the Assembly polls among the many aspirants, sources said.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was briefly admitted to a government hospital here on Tuesday after he complained of uneasiness and neck pain, officials said.
The Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel rescued five people after a vehicle fell 300 meters into a gorge on the Mussoorie-Dhanaulti road in Uttarakhand.
Assembly elections in UP, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur will be held between February 4 and March 8.
"People in the state are eager to get rid of a corrupt government whose performance has been nil and we are confident of coming to power with a thumping majority, " Pradesh BJP spokesman Munna Singh Chauhan told PTI.
The model code of conduct has come into effect in Manipur and Uttarakhand with an announcement of the poll schedule yesterday.
Taking the Namami Gange programme a step forward in the new year, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved many projects including setting up sewage treatment plants (STP) in Haridwar and Varanasi.
Opposition BJP today hit out at Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat for his proposed fast against the rejection of the state government's masterplan on Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone, accusing him of having done nothing as a minister when a 100 km area along Bhagirathi in Uttarkashi district was notified as an ESZ.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat will sit on a day-long fast in Delhi on Thursday against the rejection of the state government's zonal master plan for Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone (ESZ), which he termed as the "biggest blow" to the state's interests.
Uttarakhand government on Wednesday instituted a judicial probe into the alleged misappropriation of disaster relief funds in the state after the 2013 natural calamity which claimed thousands of lives, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised the issue to lash out at the Harish Rawat dispensation for corruption.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Uttarakhand cannot seem to wait any longer for development.
The ‘Char Dham Yatra’ is an annual pilgrimage to the shrines of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
After snowfall and rain, mercury dipped in Uttarakhand and many areas in the state were swept by icy winds.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also address a public rally at the Dehradun’s Parade ground.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat will not appear before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday.
Under attack for declaring a 90-minute 'namaz' break for Muslims for Friday prayers, the Harish Rawat government has now said that Uttarakhand government employees, irrespective of their religion, caste and creed, will be allowed "special short breaks" to offer prayers during their festivals if they make a request for it.
In a bid to win Uttarakhand Assembly elections, Congress may join hands with Progressive Democratic Front (PDF).
A cabinet meeting on Saturday, chaired by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, decided that a special break will be given to the employees from the Muslim community.
A special 90-minute break will be given to the government employees from the Muslim community in Uttarakhand for Friday prayers, official sources said.
In a major development, a high alert was sounded in Haridwar and Dehradun on Wednesday after finding an abandoned bag containing 3 uniforms of Punjab Police.
Work on the important Rishikesh-Karnprayag railway line would start by 2016 end.
Uttarakhand goes to polls early next year to elect its legislative assembly, along with neighbouring states Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
The post office had been washed away when the June 2013 flash floods that killed over 5,700 people and permission for restoration took three years.
A 60-year-old man allegedly chopped off a finger of an eight-year-old dalit boy in Haridwar district when the latter inadvertantly stepped over a row of cowdung cakes kept for drying while playing with his friends.
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- Celebrations in Akhilesh camp after winning 'cycle race'
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt takes Re1 as dowry from wife's family
- 25 children selected for National Bravery Awards 2016
- DNA : Journey of "Sonam Wangchuk", Man who took education to level new heights in Laddakh
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- Which is your favourite: Virat Kohli's jab or MS Dhoni's helicopter shot — VIDEO
- Viral video: She was walking wearing sleeveless top and jeans — Know what happened next
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- WATCH: Najibullah Zadran's 'ridiculous shot' which went for a six is killing the Internet
- This Kashmiri IAS officer’s Facebook post on `Dangal` girl Zaira Wasim’s situation is going viral – Read here