The Uttarakhand government using funds meant for disaster victims to make payment to cricketer Virat Kohli and musician Kailash Kher for a promotional video for the state is an insult to them, the BJP has said.
Corbett Tiger Reserve authorities have issued shoot-at-sight orders and pressed two drones into service after movement of poachers was reported along the southern fringes of the park.
The Election Commission on Tuesday corrected its poll percentage figures for Uttarakhand saying that 65.64 per cent of the total electorate in the state cast their votes as against 68 per cent announced earlier.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said Congress will perform even better than expected in the assembly polls held yesterday and form the next government in the state.
The music video has been made by the members of the Choreography and Dance Section of IIT-Roorkee.
At least 68 percent voter turnout has been recorded till 5:00 pm in the Uttarakhand Assembly elections.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday appealed the voters in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand to exercise their franchise and participate in the "festival of democracy".
When asked whether Narendra Modi government was performing satisfactorily, Yoga guru Ramdev said it was discharging its duties with total authenticity.
Polling for the 69 Vidhan Sabha seats in the hill state of Uttarakhand will be held on Wednesday.
The Congress today urged the Election Commission to pull off the air, a purported sting operation being shown by a private news channel here accusing Chief Minister Harish Rawat of bribing a former BJP MLA to break ranks with his party.
Hitting back at Rahul Gandhi for comparing rebel Congress leaders joining BJP with "garbage", Union Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday said Congress was a sinking ship.
Mahendra Bhatt is contesting elections from Badrinath constituency.
Rahul Gandhi on Sunday held a 75-km roadshow ahead of February 15 polls in Uttarakhand.
Asserting that he will not rest till those who looted the country paid back, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked the voters in Uttarakhand to give exemplary punishment in the polls to people who ruined their future.
Prime Minister said on Sunday in Uttarakhand that game was over was those who had looted the country for seventy years.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s road show and nukkad sabha in Uttarakhand`s Haridwar city turned flop as thousands of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) supporters waived the party`s flag and raised slogans in favour of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a rally on Sunday in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a rally in Uttarakhand's Srinagar today.
With Uttarakhand assembly elections round the corner, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will hold a road show along with a Nukkad Sabha in Haridwar on Sunday.
Mild tremors were felt in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand on late night on Saturday. The earthquake was also felt in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir as well.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today slammed Uttarakhand's Congress government, accusing it of lacking political will for development, and urged the electorate to vote for BJP for the state's growth.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday objected to the checking of his helicopter for unaccounted cash during campaigning in Haldwani and alleged he was being harassed at the behest of the Centre.
Congress may have made a slew of promises to woo young voters in Uttarakhand, including an allowance to unemployed youths.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address rallies in Uttar Pradesh`s Bijnor and Uttarakhand`s Haridwar on Friday.
BJP may appear to have an advantage in Uttarakhand which goes to polls on February 15 but absence of a chief ministerial candidate may prove to be a stumbling block.
Amit Shah's reference was Sonia Gandhi's remark "Maut ka Saudagar" (merchant of death) comment made against Modi during the 2007 Gujarat Assembly election.
It ranks number six in per capita income, but relatively prosperous Uttarakhand does worse than many poorer states with its infant mortality rate (IMR), ranking 18th among 29 states, an indication of its indifferent health as it prepares to choose a new government on February 15.
Average assets of 60 MLAs contesting the 2017 Uttarakhand polls has nearly doubled in the last five years, registering a jump of over Rs 1.75 crore.
The average assets of 60 re-contesting MLAs in Uttarakhand have jumped by over Rs 1.77 crore in last five years, says the latest report.
A ward boy at a private hospital allegedly broke one of the legs of a three-day-old infant as he was annoyed with the baby crying incessantly.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- ABVP stages flag march from Ramjas College to DU's Faculty of Arts
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return