A man who was critically injured in a road accident in West Bengal died on Thursday night due to "inadequate treatment" by a private hospital, which had also refused to allow the kin to shift him to a state-run hospital unless they paid up the full amount.
West Bengal News
Rubbishing the Congress and the Left Front`s allegations of a secret understanding between the BJP and Trinamool Congress at the Centre.
Three persons were seriously injured in an explosion that occurred when they were making bombs in an under-construction house of a local Trinamool Congress leader in Burdwan district on Wednesday, the police said.
At least three persons were seriously injured in a blast at a construction site in Bardhaman district of West Bengal.
A fake passport racket was busted by the North 24 Parganas district police in Barasat.
The West Bengal government will recognise Kurukh and Rajbongshi/Kamtapuri languages, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced on Tuesday on the occasion of International Mother Language Day.
Partha Dey's body was found inside the bathroom of a flat on Watgunge Street where he was living for the past few months.
The Left Front and Congress members on Monday staged a walk-out in the West Bengal Assembly after Speaker refused to admit their no-confidence motion against him and adjourned the session sine die.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said she would stop the "politics of vandalism" in the state, an issue she has taken up as a "challenge".
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir passed away on Sunday afternoon.
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir passed away at a Kolkata hospital after suffering from prolonged illness on Sunday afternoon.
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir is in a critical condition and is undergoing treatment at Kolkata's Apollo Hospital.
Three persons have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the violence at a private hospital in the southern part of the city following the death of a patient there.
A day after the creation of a new Kalimpong district in West Bengal, state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said that her government would showcase it on the lines of Darjeeling.
Despite its earlier announcement of boycotting the entire budget session, the Congress today returned to the West Bengal Assembly, but staged a walkout protesting against the eviction of Leader of Opposition Abdul Mannan by marshals from the House last week.
A group of nearly 100 men attacked the Calcutta Medical Research Institute with metal rods breaking down the front door and ransacking the reception area.
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly hacked to death by a youth after she rejected his advances at Chakchaka village in Alipurduar district
Two persons were arrested after the body of a boy, who was missing since February 8 was today found at Jahangirpur in Nadia district.
The Congress leader fell sick during the scuffle and was taken to a hospital.
Leader of Opposition in the West Bengal assembly Abdul Mannan, was shifted out of intensive care of a private hospital here on Saturday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said her government was against any job cut even for loss making state-owned enterprises.
Metro rail service in the city was partially disrupted for nearly two hours this morning after an AC rake was halted due to a technical snag putting commuters into trouble.
West Bengal opposition leader Abdul Mannan, who was taken ill during a scuffle with the security staff in the state assembly, was shifted to the Apollo Gleneagles Hospital on Thursday,
West Bengal's Advocate-General Jayanta Mitra on Tuesday resigned following difference of opinion with the state government.
The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Saradha chit fund scam accused Manoranjana Sinh.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday said it has attached properties worth over Rs 60 crore here belonging to former union minister Matang Sinh in connection with the multi-crore rupee Saradha Group chit fund scam.
Mamata had earlier questioned the February 1 date for the Union Budget.
The situation in West Bengal's Bhangar, which was on the boil last week due to violent protests over the "forcible land acquisition" for a power grid project, became tense again on Thursday as villagers protested the arrest of a woman CPI-ML Red Star leader.
A man wanted in a case of trafficking of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) has been arrested by NIA officials from West Bengal's Malda area.
A 35-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday with arms and ammunition in a special raid carried out in view of beefed-up security on Republic Day eve from Sripur village here, police said.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- DNA: Is it now possible to erase bad memories?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- BJP comes to power in Pune corporation for first time, dislodges NCP
- Giving birth by C-section or vaginal birth – Which is better for the mother and baby?