Narendra Modi misleading people, says Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday raised the poll pitch for the forthcoming state Assembly Elections by appealing to the people to vote Congress in for yetanother term. The state is scheduled to go to polls on December 04.
Addressing a press conference here, Dikshit hailed Congress and said, "The Congress government has done a lot for Delhi. The capital city has developed under the governance of Congress party."
While talking about the functioning of the Congress party in the capital city, Dikshit said, "Power in Delhi is much cheaper than most cities in the country."
"Will bring in e-governance so that citizens face less problems," Delhi CM added.
She also invoked the Delhi government`s `Ladli scheme` which works for education girls.
While wooing the voters, Dikshit added, "We would like to continue the work we have done. There has been inclusive growth in social and economic sectors. Infrastructure too has improved remarkably."
“Delhi is a huge attraction for those who want a comfortable life. Services in Delhi are not only for Delhiites, but also for outsiders. We want to increase the skill based serviced sector so that we can make 30,000 new jobs a year," She added.
While bringing to light the work of her government here since last 15 years, she said, "Delhi`s growth rate is 10.33 per cent while India`s growth rate is 8.33 per cent."
In a veiled attack on Bharatiya Janata Party and the Aaam Admi Party, Dikshit said, "Opposition parties are nave, they are deliberately trying to mislead people."
Sheila Dikshit chose to attack BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, countering his charge that she failed to solve major problems facing the city and rolled out statistics arguing that Delhi has done better than Gujarat on many counts such as providing support to weaker sections and social sector spendings.
"The gentleman who claimed Gujarat is the best served state, I have the answers. The Opposition parties are misleading people. They said we have destroyed the city. If it is so then why people elected us for three terms," she said.
Maintaining that the contest will be between Congress and BJP, 75-year-old Dikshit, who led her party to victory in three assembly polls, rejected results of the opinion polls that predicted Arvind Kejriwal`s AAP as a major factor in the election.
"The contest will be between BJP and Congress and I am confident of winning the polls for a fourth term," the Chief Minister, who led from the front the Congress campaign, said.
Delhi CM also sought people`s support for a fourth consecutive term to continue the Delhi`s growth story and charged Opposition, particularly Narendra Modi, with "misleading" voters while asserting that Aam Admi Party will not be challenge to Congress.
Meanwhile, with less than 48 hours left for the city to vote, Delhi`s Election Commission has also intensified vigil in areas which are vulnerable to misuse of money, liquor and musclemen such as slum clusters and unauthorised colonies, besides the border with UP and Haryana.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly