Attacking both Congress and AAP, Union Minister Smriti Irani on Monday claimed that what the BJP has achieved in the last 7 months the 'grand old party' would have taken 60 years to do so, and accused the 'newest party' of "running away" after being voted to power.
Out to campaign in the BJP strongholds of Karol Bagh and Rajendra Place, the party's chief ministerial candidate Kiran Bedi on Wednesday had to keep mostly silent as she was suffering from a severe throat infection.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has deferred the decision on holding fresh elections in Delhi for now, as per reports on Monday.
As Delhi completed six months under President`s Rule, Congress on Tuesday targeted the NDA government at the Centre, accusing it of "total failure" in running the city.
Arvind Kejriwal said that AAP would not contest upcoming Assembly elections in Haryana, Maharashtra, Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand.
Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday claimed that BJP was "running away" from fresh elections in the national capital.
Amid reports that the BJP may be attempting to form the government in Delhi, the Aam Aadmi Party asked the people on Wednesday to protest against the move.
A day after the Aam Aadmi Party released a recorded audio message of Arvind Kejriwal accusing the BJP of indulging in horse-trading to form the government in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party called the AAP chief a `frustrated` man.
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal and his team met President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday over possibilities of forming the government in Delhi.
Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday ruled out the possibility of it forming government in Delhi again, even as Congress said it would prefer fresh polls to supporting AAP.
Over 20,000 electronic voting machines (EVMs) used in the Delhi poll Thursday will be kept under the strict watch of paramilitary forces till May 16.
Security, inflation and stable government remained predominant issues weighing on women voters` minds in the national capital, which witnessed brisk polling on Thursday.
AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday arrived at the polling booth at Tilak Marg to cast his vote literally with a `bang` as two vehicles collided outside the entry gate of the booth, triggering a momentary alarm.
Delhi BJP on Wednesday expressed hope that it will win all the seven Lok Sabha seats in the national capital if voting percentage increases in the election.
Voting will be held tomorrow for seven Lok Sabha seats in the country`s capital, seen as test of Aam Aadmi Party`s perceived erosion of support base, BJP`s claim of `Modi wave` and assertion by Congress that it was regaining lost ground after drubbing in last assembly polls.
On the penultimate of day of campaigning for seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi, various political parties on Monday held a series of rallies across the city and went door-to-door seeking to woo voters.
The Election Commission has held the state-run Doordarshan guilty of violating the Model Code of Conduct by telecasting news about reduced prices of vegetables on the day of Delhi assembly polls and asked its Director General to fix responsibility of officers involved.
It was a chaotic morning outside Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s residential society.
The week-long referendum conducted by Aam Aadmi Party on government formation got 6.79 lakh responses through SMS, telephone calls and website.
Following the Aam Aadmi Party`s (AAP`s) stunning performance at the recently concluded Delhi Assembly elections, People`s Party of Punjab president Manpreet Singh Badal today said the myth that new political parties cannot stand on their own has been busted.
With the deadlock continuing in Delhi after a hung verdict in the recently concluded assembly elections, Congress on Tuesday indicated that it was mulling giving outside support to Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Admi Party (AAP).
With BJP and AAP failing to get a majority in the 70-member Delhi Assembly, there is a big possibility of a spell of President`s rule in the national capital.
Debutant Aam Admi Party, which gave a scintillating performance in assembly polls, has won nine out of 12 reserved seats, some of them considered to be the stronghold of Congress, in Delhi Assembly elections this time.
BJP on Monday stuck to its position of not seeking to stake claim to form the government even though it emerged the single largest party in the assembly polls, saying it did not have the mandate to provide a stable dispensation.
Claiming that AAP`s journey has been full of contradictions, BJP Vice-President Smriti Irani on Monday said she saw little possibility of its emerging as an alternative to her party in the next Lok Sabha polls, despite its spectacular debut.
As Delhi returned a hung verdict in the Assembly elections, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Monday said the Lieutenant Governor will explore all options of forming a new government before taking a call.
TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday congratulated Aam Admi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on the latter`s stupendous victory in the Delhi Assembly elections and said the Congress lost the authority to continue in power.
Losing power after 15 years as Delhi`s Chief Minister, Sheila Dikshit is undecided about her future, saying that she has not made up her mind for anything as she was still absorbing her defeat.
They sold dreams, Sheila Dikshit said on Monday about Aam Admi Party (AAP), a day after Arvind Kejriwal`s new party toppled her after three terms as Delhi Chief Minister.
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi