Slain DSP`s wife to challenge CBI chargesheet
Lucknow: Parveen Azad, wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq on Thursday said that she was not "satisfied" with the CBI`s supplementary charge sheet giving a clean chit to former UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh and would appeal against it.
"I am not satisfied with the CBI report...My husband had been killed brutally and I want justice," Azad told reporters here.
"I will appeal against it," she added.
Azad said that she would not concede defeat without knowing the truth.
CBI today filed a supplementary charge sheet in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul Haq before a special court here in which it has given a clean chit to Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya.
The agency also filed a "technical" closure report in the FIR filed by Haq`s wife in which she had accused Raja Bhaiya of conspiring to murder the officer.
Raja Bhaiya, who was Food and Civil Supplies Minister, had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4 after Haq`s wife had accused him of being involved in the DSP`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India