Slain DSP`s wife to challenge CBI chargesheet
Lucknow: Parveen Azad, wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq on Thursday said that she was not "satisfied" with the CBI`s supplementary charge sheet giving a clean chit to former UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh and would appeal against it.
"I am not satisfied with the CBI report...My husband had been killed brutally and I want justice," Azad told reporters here.
"I will appeal against it," she added.
Azad said that she would not concede defeat without knowing the truth.
CBI today filed a supplementary charge sheet in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul Haq before a special court here in which it has given a clean chit to Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya.
The agency also filed a "technical" closure report in the FIR filed by Haq`s wife in which she had accused Raja Bhaiya of conspiring to murder the officer.
Raja Bhaiya, who was Food and Civil Supplies Minister, had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4 after Haq`s wife had accused him of being involved in the DSP`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip