Nandyal: The Telugu Desam Party on Monday won the Nandyal Assembly seat in Andhra Pradesh.
Here are the Live updates:
- People have again shown confidence and trust in development and good governance, says Andhra CM Chandrababu Naidu after bypoll win.
Round 19: Final tally - TDP wins 97,076 votes, YSR Congress 69,610 and Congress 13812.
Round 18: TDP Brahmananda Reddy marches ahead with 96155 votes, YSR Congress has 60056.
- Round 17: After 17 rounds of counting, TDP has taken a lead of 26593 votes.
- Round 16: Current tally: TDP bags 86,555 votes, YSR Congress 60,947.
- TDP's Brahmananda Reddy leading by over 23,973 votes after 14 rounds of counting. Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party’s Silpa Mohan Reddy is trailing with 51,870 votes.
- Round 15: TDP extends lead by 26,262 votes over YSR Congress. Current tally: TDP – 81,892, YSRCp 55630.
- Round 14: The ruling TDP races ahead with 75,843 votes; YSR Congress 51870.
- Round 13: TDP set to emerge as the winner with 70,671 votes already under its belt. YSR Congress has managed to bag 47,685 votes.
- Round 12: TDP's Brahmananda Reddy leading by over 19,000 votes after 12 rounds of counting. TDP 64,981 votes, YSR Congress 43,450.
- Round 11: TDP's Bhuma Brahmananda Reddy bags 59352 votes, YSRCP 39,091.
- Round 10: TDP has received 55,126 votes; YSR Congress 35,469.
- TDP's Bhuma Brahmananda Reddy leading over YSRCP with a margin of 19,706 votes in 10th round of counting.
- TDP wins 50,484 votes, YSR Congress manages to bag 32,313 in 9th round of counting.
- Chandrababu Naidu's TDP has established a lead of over 17292 votes. According to EC data TDP gets 46,175 votes after Round 8 and YSR remains at second position with 28883 votes.
- TDP workers celebrate as the party candidate Bhuma Brahmananda Reddy leads over YSRCP's Silpa Mohan Reddy.
- TDP continues its dream run, wins 36,880 votes, YSR COngress manages 20,483.
- Counting underway for Nandyal bypoll. TDP - 31,117 votes, YSRCP - 17,955, Congress 278.
- TDP's Bhuma Brahmananda Reddy leading with a margin of 13,162 votes after 5th round of counting.
- TDP candidate continues to remain ahead with 23744 votes, while YSR nominee lags far behind with 14091 votes.TDP candidate continues to remain ahead with 23744 votes, while YSR nominee lags far behind with 14091 votes.
- TDP races ahead with 17279 votes; Jagan Mohan Reddy's YSR gets 11232 votes.
- TDP's Brahmananda Reddy going strong with 10639 votes, Silpa Mohan Reddy of the YSR Congress 7679.
- Chandrababu's TDP leading by a margin of 2832 votes in the second round in Nandyal bypoll.
- Latest update: Out of 250 postal ballots, 39 invalid and 211 NOTA.
- Counting underway. Out of 250 postal ballot votes, 39 votes invalid, no votes for YSRCP or TDP in postal ballots.YSRCP or TDP in postal ballots.
- Round 1: Telugu Desam Party leading with 5474 votes, YSR Congress Party gets 4179.
- Counting is taking place at Government Polytechnic College.
- Andhra Pradesh Nandyal by-poll counting begins at 8 am.
The by election was held following the death of sitting MLA Bhuma Nagi Reddy in March. Reddy had won the seat in 2014 as YSR Congress candidate but jumped over to the TDP in 2016.Bhuma Nagi Reddy in March. Reddy had won the seat in 2014 as YSR Congress candidate but jumped over to the TDP in 2016.
The main contest is between Bhuma's nephew Brahmananda Reddy of the TDP, Silpa Mohan Reddy of the YSR Congress and Abdul Khader from the Congress.
In Nandyal in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, over 80 percent voters cast their ballots in the August 23 by election with the polling passing off peacefully barring minor incidents.
For the first time, Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) was used in the by poll.
The by election was held following the death of sitting MLA Bhuma Nagi Reddy in March. Reddy had won the seat in 2014 as YSR Congress candidate, but jumped over to the TDP in 2016.