Barclays upgrades Tata Motors to 'overweight'
Barclays upgrades India's Tata Motors Ltd to "overweight" from "underweight" and raises its target price to 368 rupees from 265 rupees, citing improving performance at unit Jaguar Land Rover Ltd.
Barclays adds JLR's performance has been improving as Europe and the United States are showing signs of recovery along with "continued volume strength" from China.
"While Tata Motors' domestic business remains under stress due to macro concerns, we believe an improved performance from JLR should offset any drag from the standalone operations," Barclays said in a note.
Tata Motors shares are down 0.5 percent at 1015 IST.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20