Chrysler releases images of 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Toronto: Chrysler has released the first images of the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee, an SUV that will replace the current Jeep Liberty and will be unveiled at the New York International Auto Show in March.
The vehicle will go on sale in North America in the third quarter of this year, the automaker said.
This is the first time in 12 years that Jeep will use the Cherokee name on one of its models.
Production of the original Jeep Cherokee ceased in 2001 in North America and it remains one of the automaker's iconic models.
The new model, unlike the original Cherokee, which was distinguished by a boxy look and straight lines, will have a curvy appearance and aggressive look.
The 2014 Jeep Cherokee will consume about 45 percent less fuel than the Jeep Liberty, the automaker said.
The Cherokee will produced at the Jeep plant in Toledo, Ohio.
Chrysler Group LLC, which makes vehicles under the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram brands, is controlled by Italy's Fiat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300