Ford India total sales fall 38% in March
New Delhi: Car maker Ford India on Monday reported 38.28 percent decline in its total sales in March this year at 7,499 units.
The company had sold a total of 12,150 units in the same month last year, Ford India said in a statement.
The domestic sales also went down by 41.61 percent to 5,271 units in March this year as against 9,028 units in the same month last year, it added.
The company exported 2,228 units last month compared to 3,122 units in the year-ago period, registering a fall of 28.64 percent.
Commenting on the sales performance, Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Service) Vinay Piparsania said: "Despite the difficult business environment this quarter, we have continued to build our brand in India with the launch of the Figo Celebration and the Endeavour Alterrain editions. We see the current downturn as cyclical and expect stronger sales growth in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300