Samsung working on smart watch to take on Apple’s ‘iWatch’
London: Samsung is working on a smart watch called the ''Galaxy Altius'' to take on rival tech giant Apple, new leaked images have suggested.
The images, which were posted on a South Korean message board, purport to be screens from a forthcoming Samsung smart watch.
One image features the name Samsung Galaxy Altius, while others show a music player, clock and an email app, the Telegraph reports.
The pictures suggested that the Altius runs a modified version of the Google Android operating system.
The provenance of the images is unclear and, though some websites have identified details that suggest they are genuine, it's entirely possible that they are mock-ups for an abandoned project or even fakes made by a fan, the paper said.
The images have emerged a week after it was reported that Apple is about to launch a smart watch.
The product, which has been referred to as the ‘iWatch’, is apparently being worked on by a team of 100 engineers, suggesting that it is more than an experiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300