Air India offers 50% discount on flight back from Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The national carrier Air India (AI) has decided to give a discount to people flying back from Dehradun. The decision was taken by the AI management in the wake of the disaster in Uttarakhand over the June 15 weekend.
A senior AI official told IANS that airline would give a 50 percent discount on the basic air fare, and this waiver would be in effect till June 30.
A flight operates between Lucknow and Dehradun every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. There is also a flight from Dehradun, the state capital of Uttarakhand, to New Delhi.
The cloudburst, unprecedented rains and flash floods caused massive landslides in Uttarakhand June 15, taking a huge toll of lives. The disaster happened at a time when the Char Dham pilgrimage was at its peak. Thousands of pilgrims were stranded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20