BEL to manufacture components for Boeing's fighter jet
Bangalore: State-run defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited will manufacture components for US-based global aerospace major Boeing's Super Hornet fighter aircraft.
"Boeing and BEL are expanding their partnership through a follow-on contract involving the manufacture of subassemblies for the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet fighter jet," Boeing said in a statement.
As per the contract, BEL will produce Super Hornet subassemblies, including the ground power panel, helmet vehicle interface stowage and switch assembly and cockpit console panels, it said.
For Indian Navy's P-8I anti-submarine warfare and maritime surveillance, BEL provides the Identification Friend or Foe interrogators and Data Link II communications systems.
"BEL believes this cooperation with Boeing is a great opportunity and is ever willing to take it to greater heights," BEL director of Marketing H N Harikrishna said.
Image courtesy: Boeing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300