GMR Group's Warora power plant starts commercial generation
New Delhi: GMR Group's thermal power plant at Warora in Maharashtra has started selling electricity from its 300 MW unit commissioned in December last year.
"The first 300 MW unit of GMR Emco Energy commenced commercial generation of power. The company is establishing a 2x300 MW coal-based power project at Warora in Chandrapur District, near Nagpur," an official statement said.
The entire power production is committed against Power Purchase Agreements, which have already been signed, the statement said.
Work on commissioning the second 300 MW unit is in advanced stages and will be commissioned in the first half of FY14, it added.
"We are very happy to announce the commencement of power generation at our Warora Plant, the Group's first coal-based power plant, this will now generate revenue and enhance our shareholder value," G M Rao, Group Chairman of GMR Group said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300