HDFC Bank Q2 net up 27.1% to Rs 1,982 crore
Mumbai: Private sector lender HDFC Bank on Tuesday reported 27.1 percent jump in net profit to Rs 1982.3 crore for the July-September quarter.
It had posted a net profit of Rs 1,559.9 crore for the corresponding period last year.
The bank's net interest income was up 15.3 percent to Rs 4,476.5 crore from Rs 3,731.7 crore in the second quarter of the previous fiscal.
The non-interest income increased by 25.3 percent to Rs 1,471.8 crore, HDFC Bank said in a statement.
The net interest margin of the bank declined marginally to 4.3 percent as against 4.4 percent.
The bank's total income moved up to Rs 11,937.7 crore for the quarter, from Rs 10,146.7 crore in the corresponding period last year, it said.
The second largest private sector lender saw its balance sheet size increase 14.2 percent to Rs 4,31,166.77 crore at the end of the reporting quarter.
Its net advances were up 16 percent at Rs 2,68,617 crore as compared to the September 2012 figure, while deposits were up 14.2 percent at Rs 3,13,011 crore.
The bank scrip was trading at Rs 657.50, down 1.45 percent, in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20