NLC employees strike enters 8th day
Cuddalore: The indefinite strike by employees of Neyveli Lignite Corporation against the Centre's move to divest five percent of its stake in the PSU entered the eighth day on Wednesday.
About 30,000 workers, including 13,000 contract employees, are on the strike since July demanding that the Centre withdraw its decision to sell its stake as part of disinvestment process.
However, about 7,000 engineers and officers of NLC and the thermal power station attached to it were not participating in the strike.
An NLC release said the power generation from the three thermal units had not been affected and a total of 2,330 MW was being produced against the capacity of 2,490 MW.
The workers, affiliated to various trade unions, have gone on the strike defying a Madras High Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300